Trouble is with only 2000 tickets available the club knows that out of 20,000 + ST holders, members and even non members they will find enough people prepared to pay that!

What will happen if in the spring full capacities will be permitted cause with these high prices combined with ST holders money being rolled out to next season, they probably won't sell out? - Prices reduced? 

• Like 1

Here we go again. Moan Moan Moan.

It’s not as if we’re top of the league or anything. Season ticket holders are getting full access next season plus free Ifollow this. Do you really think it’s unreasonable to charge for the games we can actually get a ticket for you. Guarantee the moaners are the same people who will be pleading for the club to buy in January.

• Like 13

One problem for the club is that all the s/t ticket revenue generated for 20/21 is now for next season, so they have next-to-no ‘current’ non tv money coming in.  You can’t really blame them for charging the going rate for these upcoming matches, I suppose some will use it as the deciding factor not to go, but being ‘remote’ it is only c1/3 of the match day cost and it is other factors that mean I’ll not come just yet.

Its always been about choice and value for money. 

if it wasn't for the Taylor report, there would still be terracing, at a lower cost, at Carrow Road. Because of demand.

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/november/ticket-application-process/

Only £20 for us coffin dodgers but not for me i am afraid. Seems a weird way to thank season ticket holders who are continuing to pay by DD or for those who paid upfront for this season.

You're getting home games free on ifollow and the money you are paying this year covers next season. If you don't appreciate that you can of course have your money back. 

• Like 5

Lots of costs involved to allow fans to attend.  Stewards, temperature testers, providing hand sanitiser, etc, etc all need to be covered so need some income.

I have to admit I have quite enjoyed watching on I follow with a beer in my hand and listening to the radio Norfolk commentary. 
I get a much better close up of the action and save several pounds in travelling expenses not to mention the time. However this has to be balanced by the camaraderie and match day experience. 
Having rolled over my season ticket I expect to return next year but  if there was a dedicated N.C.F.C. channel or stream I  at my advancing years could be tempted.

Another thing to factor in is the possibility of us going into Tier 1. I don't want to waste my "go" and £30 on going with 2,000 other fans and not go to the pub, when we might get to Tier 1 in a few weeks. Might be worth paying nearly 50% more than my pro rata season ticket price in that instance. 

For now, I'll save my money and rely on iFollow. And maybe find myself higher up the queue if we reach Tier 1.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Another thing to factor in is the possibility of us going into Tier 1. I don't want to waste my "go" and £30 on going with 2,000 other fans and not go to the pub, when we might get to Tier 1 in a few weeks. Might be worth paying nearly 50% more than my pro rata season ticket price in that instance. 

For now, I'll save my money and rely on iFollow. And maybe find myself higher up the queue if we reach Tier 1.

That's how I feel about it and have decided with my bubble that we wait until we can get as "normal" matchday experience as possible. The match alone is not enough, never has been, and would rather watch either in iFollow or stream with beers in hand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

That's how I feel about it and have decided with my bubble that we wait until we can get as "normal" matchday experience as possible. The match alone is not enough, never has been, and would rather watch either in iFollow or stream with beers in hand.

Spot on. 

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/november/ticket-application-process/

Only £20 for us coffin dodgers but not for me i am afraid. Seems a weird way to thank season ticket holders who are continuing to pay by DD or for those who paid upfront for this season.

This sort of attitude I find bizarre.

The club offered us the chance of a refund or to carry it forward for next year.

You are now paying for next year's season ticket. It was plainly spelt out in communications and letters from the club.

These tickets have nothing to do with next year's season ticket. Treat them like cup games. 

Don't blame the club because you couldn't be arsed to read the letters they sent out.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

This sort of attitude I find bizarre.

The club offered us the chance of a refund or to carry it forward for next year.

You are now paying for next year's season ticket. It was plainly spelt out in communications and letters from the club.

These tickets have nothing to do with next year's season ticket. Treat them like cup games. 

Don't blame the club because you couldn't be arsed to read the letters they sent out.

It'd be nice if the club treated them like cup games, where they most they've charged in recent seasons is £25 when Man Utd were coming to town with a guaranteed full house and excellent atmosphere.

But £30 for 2,000 fans to watch Sheffield Wednesday? When every one of your target market has access to the game via a stream? I mean it makes commercial sense, there are plenty enough people happy to pay it; they'll wonder what on earth I'm unhappy with whilst I wonder how they can't see they're being mugged. I just think for a significant number of season ticket holders it'll be seen as another in a long series of the club trying to squeeze every possible penny out of them when it could have been an opportunity to curry some favour with a fanbase who've lost a critical connection to their club for the past 9 months.

What a ridiculous post. The only reason you have easy access to the game via I follow is that far from squeezing every possible penny out of the season ticket base, they’ve given it to you as a free bonus with next years season ticket. How on earth do you expect the to generate funds??

• Like 3

Seems an extremely fair deal to me, how anyone can even remotely complain about getting what they paid for albeit next season maybe even in the PL, plus all home games for free this season is absolutely beyond me! By the same token, maybe all of the NCFC supporters around the world who are paying £10 on iFollow for literally every single game home and away this season will get discounted and priority offer of tickets for next season as a little thanks for their support too 😉. The club have been really generous, be grateful.

• Like 5

You’re probably only going to pay it once, then have to wait for an estimate of 15,000 or so to have their go. Whilst you are waiting you get iFollow for free

Depends which way you look at it.

£30 is the going rate for football at our level and we are trying to compete at the upper levels of the game so in that sense fair enough.

Many of the Clubs in League One and Two who are dependent on ifollow fees are probably now paying their whole squad less than we are paying Drmic who is making no contributions whilst we are decimated by injuries. Meanwhile the uproar leads to Sky box office fees for Premier League games being withdrawn.

Fair on the fan?

Seems fair to me. A lot of extra costs relative to the amount of people going. If you are lucky enough to be among the 2000 that get to go, you are getting a treat that many people will not likely get this season - the chance to support your team in the moment. Seems worth £30 to me.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Seems fair to me. A lot of extra costs relative to the amount of people going. If you are lucky enough to be among the 2000 that get to go, you are getting a treat that many people will not likely get this season - the chance to support your team in the moment. Seems worth £30 to me.

Not often I agree with LDC, but this is exactly why I will be trying for a ticket

11 hours ago, Commonsense said:

What a ridiculous post. The only reason you have easy access to the game via I follow is that far from squeezing every possible penny out of the season ticket base, they’ve given it to you as a free bonus with next years season ticket. How on earth do you expect the to generate funds??

A "free" used as an incentive to not cause further hardship to the club by asking for a refund at a time when the club is enduring a cashflow crisis. Use your common sense, Commonsense. Might need to give that head of yours a wobble first.

£30 isn't actually the going rate. The average cost of the cheapest ticket in the Championship from 2018 was just over £20.00. As I previously mentioned, the cost for a guaranteed sell out again minnow Man Utd in the FA Cup when it would have been a Premier League team against a Premier League would have been £25.00 only a few months ago. So how can they think that it's now worth £30?

To be honest, I suspect season ticket holders willing to pay it will get at least two bites of the cherry if it stayed like this all season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are a good percentage of season ticket holders who will give it a swerve, either for shielding reasons or because they don't want to be ripped off. Therefore with 16 home games left this season and probably significantly less than 16,000 season ticket holders applying for each game (I would bet it'd be closer to 10,000) and 2,000 fans allowed in, those that don't mind having their pants pulled down by the club will get at least two games to watch at the ground, maybe even three.