Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Unbeaten in 10 and 24 points in those 10- Can we appreciate just how well we have done so far?

There are questions to be asked about the squad building particularly in defense. It is going to be a long slog of a season and we didn't give ourselves the numbers in certain positions.

However there are far more positives than negatives right now. 

• Team playing with confidence despite the humbling of last season
  • Pukki scoring for fun again
  • Buendia back to being his creative self
  • Much more solid defence and defensive midfield despite injury issues
  • Farke generally making good decisions about how to use his bench
  • Victories against teams in the promotion hunt- Swansea, Boro, Stoke and Bristol City are all top 10 yet all beaten.

If we make a couple of sensible moves in January (mainly loan recalls) to give us the required depth moving forward then I think we'll be fine. 

2 hours ago, jaywick_canery said:

If you need it explained to you then you are in denial.

In other words, "can't be bothered to explain my opinion". You can't expect people to take your opinions seriously if you refuse to back them up with facts, or even arguments.

I'm sure our team of medical experts might be looking into training loads vs injuries. I'd wager they've probably been doing it since they've been here, because thats part of their job.

There is of course a chance, maybe even a likelihood that the way we train cuases a few extra injuries. I don't think it's fair to label the entire set of injuries as due to this because many are impact injuries from competitive matches. I also think we only really had injury problems in one position last season and i'm sure the training was similar.

There's a bigger chance though that this training has enabled us to win games late on and not tire. It's always going to be risk vs reward to a degree and I'm not sure how anyone can argue with the decision we've made because it not only won us this division not long ago, it's even got us currently sitting top of it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

In other words, "can't be bothered to explain my opinion". You can't expect people to take your opinions seriously if you refuse to back them up with facts, or even arguments.

Ok I will try.

Sports Science is all about stats, pie charts and graphs. The finer they tune a body the closer it gets to breaking point and unlike a machine each body varies. Mechanics are all identcal and only flaws in manufacture/construction will cause malfunction. Sports science is results based so the greater power, speed and durability they can achieve is a brownie point for the individual.... ditto diet.

If no allowance is given to circumstances such as we have now then pushing a body too far will weaken it... not strengthen it. A thoroughbred horse is only good for one form of running/jumping... take it hacking or on equestrian course it won't last five minutes.

My point is simple.... push a body to extremes to improve stats and you get failure. Fail to learn and you get multiple failure.

Hope seeing the academy lads in a training environment gives Farke more of an idea of what they can bring and might be more inclined to use them.  Last two games struggling at end of games need to inject some fresher legs. 

Jaywicko,My nephew is a Sports Scientist, who has worked at a Championship Club, he would consider your assesment as naive at best, they don't just push things until they break you know. Each players regime is tailored to them and their physical and mental capacaties. Its far more nuanced than you suggest. Stick to the ponies mate.

Edited by wcorkcanary

17 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Jaywicko,My nephew is a Sports Scientist, who has worked at a Championship Club, he would consider your assesment as naive at best, they don't just push things until they break you know. Each players regime is tailored to them and their physical and mental capacaties. Its far more nuanced than you suggest. Stick to the ponies mate.

17 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oh dear...

Says so much about you fella.

Just now, jaywick_canery said:

Oh dear...

Says so much about you fella.

Try me.....just a few of the things it says about me,  as all ive done is counter your argument with some info from an actual sports scientist.....unless of course you are one too , in which case ,ill put you in touch with him and you can have an educated Sports Science discussion.  As they say in  coaching circles " show us your badges".

PS some of our injuries are impact injuries.....how can the sports scientists be responsible for them....they were caused by opposition players ffs!

p.p.s. I don’t recall this level of injuries in either Farke’s first season (12th) or second season (1st) but I guess that does not count ? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

p.p.s. I don’t recall this level of injuries in either Farke’s first season (12th) or second season (1st) but I guess that does not count ? 

Absolutely Surfero, a few days ago there was a similar thread and the consensus was that although fault MAY lie in the training, given that the guys who train our guys are fully qualified, it was very unlikely that they were actually responsible for those injuries, but I think we will go over this again somehow. 

A useful thing to remember is that there isnt always someone to blame. Shoite happens, often in bunches.

23 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Don't be silly, only the current situation is indicative.

Well, that and some stuff about mechanics and ponies.

Even in the third season, there weren't that many injuries, but the ones we did get were largely confined to the defence.

Edited by kirku

On 29/11/2020 at 12:32, jaywick_canery said:

I don't believe in coincidences and to have so many injuries there has to be a cause.

As for 'facts'... do you have any 'facts' to disprove my opinion?

Aarons injury was self inflicted in a challenge he shouldn't have made, which not only cost us two points but hurt him physically. Nothing to do with training or being tired, just an individual mis-judgement.

18 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Aarons injury was self inflicted in a challenge he shouldn't have made, which not only cost us two points but hurt him physically. Nothing to do with training or being tired, just an individual mis-judgement.

Had he not been fatigued he would not have lunged in. Aarons is better than that.

21 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Try me.....just a few of the things it says about me,  as all ive done is counter your argument with some info from an actual sports scientist.....unless of course you are one too , in which case ,ill put you in touch with him and you can have an educated Sports Science discussion.  As they say in  coaching circles " show us your badges".

PS some of our injuries are impact injuries.....how can the sports scientists be responsible for them....they were caused by opposition players ffs!

And there was me going easy on you when you were daft enough to 'buy' the Irish traveller pony dealer from Jaywick Sands. Dim witted or what? As for the laughable 'hospital' follow up reply? Dear oh dear. As regards your sports science 'nephew'. Would that be little Moycol from County Thicklow or is he the dodgy priest? More delusion of course.

Carry on preening your online ego though if it makes you happy though.

19 hours ago, kirku said:

Don't be silly, only the current situation is indicative.

Well, that and some stuff about mechanics and ponies.

Even in the third season, there weren't that many injuries, but the ones we did get were largely confined to the defence.

Check out how many of our 'loan players' are injured while at other clubs?

Barely a one.

18 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

Had he not been fatigued he would not have lunged in. Aarons is better than that.

If you're not fatigued by the end of a 90-minute Championship match, you're not doing it right.

44 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

I mean it was the closing stages of a championship match and he was caught high up the pitch, having played every game this season in a tight schedule and travelling with England U21s - I mean, of course he's going to be fatigued?!

57 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

Why would fatigue make him lunge in? Surely fatigue would make him more likely to jockey and delay the player, which is what he should have done? He obviously thought he could get the ball first but made a mistake in thinking that - is that the result of over-training?

Other teams are having the same problems, not just Norwich and Liverpool. Take a look at the binners injury list for instance. Is that also over-training by German high press managers?

1 hour ago, jaywick_canery said:

Check out how many of our 'loan players' are injured while at other clubs?

Barely a one.

I usually find it best to look at the evidence and then come to a conclusion, rather than the other way round.

Have you got anything that hasn't already been discussed amongst players who actually trained at the club?

You'll need more a small subset of players who were loaned out and, by the looks of it, have been injured at a rate that doesn't even support your premise.

1 hour ago, jaywick_canery said:

And there was me going easy on you when you were daft enough to 'buy' the Irish traveller pony dealer from Jaywick Sands. Dim witted or what? As for the laughable 'hospital' follow up reply? Dear oh dear. As regards your sports science 'nephew'. Would that be little Moycol from County Thicklow or is he the dodgy priest? More delusion of course.

Carry on preening your online ego though if it makes you happy though.

All of what I said is true mate, if you want to live a makey uppy life , good luck to you.  Why lie though? To throw your own comment back at you .."it says so much about you". You are now on the beneath contempt list....along with Bilious, another fact fabricator. 

End of Comms.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Hello

Well that's all been very interesting. Some of it a bit like Trump v Ducey

Look if you really want a fact to worry about I have just discovered I am 8 days older than Neil Warnock!

So in the short time remaining. It looks like from the press conference that several players will be back before xmas. 

And on the very good point about unbeaten runs needing to include wins

I think I am right in saying that Norwich hold the top division record for 23 draws in a 42 game season. Fortunately that was before 3 points for a win. Otherwise we would have been relegated.

NO DOUBT SOME OF THIS POST WILL BE DISPUTED. 

Vide Trump on Twitter.

Goodbye

On 30/11/2020 at 16:14, Surfer said:

Added to which is the fact (at least this is how I remember it, happy to be corrected if the *facts* are different) that last season,  we were often the team flagging by the end of the game, despite this so-called over-training.

On 01/12/2020 at 13:16, wcorkcanary said:

All of what I said is true mate, if you want to live a makey uppy life , good luck to you.  Why lie though? To throw your own comment back at you .."it says so much about you". You are now on the beneath contempt list....along with Bilious, another fact fabricator. 

End of Comms.

Tears are flowing.....

22 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Added to which is the fact (at least this is how I remember it, happy to be corrected if the *facts* are different) that last season,  we were often the team flagging by the end of the game, despite this so-called over-training.

On 01/12/2020 at 13:11, kirku said:

I usually find it best to look at the evidence and then come to a conclusion, rather than the other way round.

Have you got anything that hasn't already been discussed amongst players who actually trained at the club?

You'll need more a small subset of players who were loaned out and, by the looks of it, have been injured at a rate that doesn't even support your premise.

Loaned out players under the regimes of the numerous other clubs are doing just fine. Only NCFC have a habit of breaking them it seems but then for happy clappers nothing is ever the club's fault and it has always been thus.

Kids playing FIFA in their bedrooms has much to answer for.

On 01/12/2020 at 12:29, sgncfc said:

Why would fatigue make him lunge in? Surely fatigue would make him more likely to jockey and delay the player, which is what he should have done? He obviously thought he could get the ball first but made a mistake in thinking that - is that the result of over-training?

Other teams are having the same problems, not just Norwich and Liverpool. Take a look at the binners injury list for instance. Is that also over-training by German high press managers?

Maybe you've never done an exhausting day's work to understand. Fatigue leads to rash decisions. Ask any doctor or nurse.

On 29/11/2020 at 20:24, kirku said:

Opinions based on nothing. Great. We definitely need more of that at the moment..

I called it right the first time.

Tedious beyond belief. 

1 hour ago, kirku said:

I called it right the first time.

Tedious beyond belief. 

He's  like a mixture of Bilious  and  Waveney.......maybe they had a love child during lockdown.