Bill

trouble at t'bin

Will never forget the way Lambert did everything he could to unsettle Hoolahan. Delighted to see him scew up everything he's done since leaving City.

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Will never forget the way Lambert did everything he could to unsettle Hoolahan. Delighted to see him scew up everything he's done since leaving City.

Had forgotten that.

And the ‘facts on the ground’ indicate Wes would rather play for League Two’s Cambridge than Lambert’s L1 ‘high fliers’ Ippo . (A great choice whichever way you cut it)

Edit: just seen Cambridge are actually sitting in the automatic spots.. since Lynn got further than Suffolk‘s finest in this year’s cup without meeting them, could this be the next chance to go and support a yellow-ish East Anglian team against the Ponyboys in 2021-22?

Edited by GenerationA47

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

They might owe him £100 million, but is that what ownership has actually cost him? Isn’t some of that paper losses, which have in turn allowed him to save tax on profits elsewhere? And if the alternative is sell up and lose, say, £10 million, or carry on losing £2 million every year, the decision might look different.

He might be able to offset the losses against profits elsewhere but with corporation tax at less that 20%, he is still losing over 80% of any loss that ITFC make. He might try to sell it, but finding a reputable buyer could prove to be a challenge - there is a pattern of clubs changing hands with "chancers" having a go - but ITFC don't even own their own ground as security.

16 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

A picture paints a thousand words.

Lambert struggling.jpg

Just 2 words for me. I'm fooked 

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

He might be able to offset the losses against profits elsewhere but with corporation tax at less that 20%, he is still losing over 80% of any loss that ITFC make. He might try to sell it, but finding a reputable buyer could prove to be a challenge - there is a pattern of clubs changing hands with "chancers" having a go - but ITFC don't even own their own ground as security.

I’m no financial engineer, but if one part of his business loses £10 million and another makes £50 million and gets taxed at 20%, doesn’t one offset the other?

40 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:
1 hour ago, Badger said:

I’m no financial engineer, but if one part of his business loses £10 million and another makes £50 million and gets taxed at 20%, doesn’t one offset the other?

This is grossly simplistic but here goes (using your eg):

ME's companies, without ITFC make £50 million profit and he pays corporation tax at 20% leaving him with £40 million net.

With ITFC,e makes the same £50 million minus the stated £10 m in loss from ITFC. As you say he offsets this against  the profit elsewhere meaning his profit is only £40 million. At 20% he now pays £8 million in tax, leaving him with £32m.

He is now £8 million worse off (ie £32m rather than the £40m he would have had) as a result of his ownership of ITFC - as I said, he still loses 80% of any  loss that  ITFC make despite offsetting it against tax (in this eg £8 million of the £10 million lost by ITFC).

Even though he can offset  the loss against tax, he is still far worse off as a  result of his ownership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

This is grossly simplistic but here goes (using your eg):

ME's companies, without ITFC make £50 million profit and he pays corporation tax at 20% leaving him with £40 million net.

With ITFC,e makes the same £50 million minus the stated £10 m in loss from ITFC. As you say he offsets this against  the profit elsewhere meaning his profit is only £40 million. At 20% he now pays £8 million in tax, leaving him with £32m.

He is now £8 million worse off (ie £32m rather than the £40m he would have had) as a result of his ownership of ITFC - as I said, he still loses 80% of any  loss that  ITFC make despite offsetting it against tax (in this eg £8 million of the £10 million lost by ITFC).

Even though he can offset  the loss against tax, he is still far worse off as a  result of his ownership.

Yes, obvious when you put it like that! Thanks.

19 hours ago, sonyc said:

A few do realise it's Evans that is the main problem.

It will get worse because Sunderland, Fleetwood and even Doncaster could overtake them.

Oh come on it isn’t just Evans . The wage bill of the Binners - a classic measure of relative measure in any football division- will still be miles higher that the vast majority of division 3. Lambert has the squad to get out of the division but not the nous. 
Lambert is getting found out (again) . Look at the fans of Villa, Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke and none of them rate him. It was only us that did , and he blew that in his infantile rants in a desperate attempt to curry favour with the Binners .

even the dimwits at Portaloo have now seen through the free beers 

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

He could go and be Cully's assistant at Lynn.

A few of the Binners have said they want Cully. Mind you they think they can have Eddie Howe . Deluded doesn’t get close 

49 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Oh come on it isn’t just Evans . The wage bill of the Binners - a classic measure of relative measure in any football division- will still be miles higher that the vast majority of division 3. Lambert has the squad to get out of the division but not the nous. 
Lambert is getting found out (again) . Look at the fans of Villa, Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke and none of them rate him. It was only us that did , and he blew that in his infantile rants in a desperate attempt to curry favour with the Binners .

Well I don't think Lambert gets off Scot-free (geddit?) or indeed lightly, in the overall picture. He has lost whatever 'class' he may have had.

But it has been a slow demise with very little sign of a masterplan (Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal for goodness sake) and inadequate investment in youth development. Hence we have mopped up. 

A fish rots from the head so it's said, with good reason.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Well I don't think Lambert gets off Scot-free (geddit?) or indeed lightly, in the overall picture. He has lost whatever 'class' he may have had.

But it has been a slow demise with very little sign of a masterplan (Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal for goodness sake) and inadequate investment in youth development. Hence we have mopped up. 

A fish rots from the head so it's said, with good reason.

🎤 There is a circus in the town

and Marcus Evans is the clown... fish 🎵

• Haha 1

They are now upset because Sunderland have sacked their manager and have first pick of the great unwashed who are unemployed at the moment. It hasn't crossed their minds that they don't have the money to sack Lambert. All very entertaining 

Ooh I wonder if Sunderland would want to poach Lambert? Massive club, fanatically loyal support, great stadium and storied history and all that ..... 

Edited by Surfer

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

the wage bill claim does not explain why the four previous managers failed

the current whine from the binners is of one that tries to distract from the complete failure of their grubby little club, and a fear that their current league standing reflects their true position in football's hierarchy

one brought on by Evans, and Evans alone

Edited by Bill

Maybe Lambert might help them out by applying for the Celtic job.  I mean, Lennon's time is up ....  and Celtic might just be stupid enough ...

1 hour ago, Bill said:

the current whine from the binners is of one that tries to distract from the complete failure of their grubby little club, and a fear that their current league standing reflects their true position in football's hierarchy

Bit unfair to call McCarthy a failure I would say - he got that shower into the play-offs for goodness sake. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The wage bill claim is , obviously , in Div 3. Please try and keep up. The point is The Binners failing to get out of League 1 is ably supported by Scumbert. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

5 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

My favourite Lambert comments are when we played them and won 3-0 without getting out of first gear, and him basically saying he didn't think we were good enough to get promoted and there was nothing in it between that league one outfit and his washed up management vs ours.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

When they were in the Championship, their wage bill was mid-table or lower for the last decade, was it not? McCarthy outperformed the wage budget, the others did pretty much par for the course until Hurst and Lambert made a hash out of it one year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

My favourite Lambert comments are when we played them and won 3-0 without getting out of first gear, and him basically saying he didn't think we were good enough to get promoted and there was nothing in it between that league one outfit and his washed up management vs ours.

I seem to recall after that game as well that not only did Lambert come out with his bitterness, the Ipswich fans seemed to think they were the better side on the day 😂 absolute gold.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The wage bill claim is , obviously , in Div 3. Please try and keep up. The point is The Binners failing to get out of League 1 is ably supported by Scumbert. 

Do tell us what the wage bill has been for the time that Lambert has been in charge in Div 3..... and maybe how that compares to other Div 3 clubs

..... just to ensure I can 'keep up' and it is not a case of something you have made up

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

Do tell us what the wage bill has been for the time that Lambert has been in charge in Div 3..... and maybe how that compares to other Div 3 clubs

..... just to ensure I can 'keep up' and it is not a case of something you have made up

No I’ll leave that with you City 1st to prove me wrong . Show me that ITFC wage bill in Div 3 last year was lower than gillingham , or Rochdale , or Accrington Stanley , or Peterborough, or Shrewsbury , or Bristol Rovers , or Wimbledon , or Burton , or Southend , or Oxford, or MK Dons, or Tranmere, or Coventry , or Rotherham or .... well I’m sure you get the picture . 

Lambert underperformed one of the highest wage bills in the league . No question. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

They had the second or third highest according to their chief exec lee oneil

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No I’ll leave that with you City 1st to prove me wrong . Show me that ITFC wage bill in Div 3 last year was lower than gillingham , or Rochdale , or Accrington Stanley , or Peterborough, or Shrewsbury , or Bristol Rovers , or Wimbledon , or Burton , or Southend , or Oxford, or MK Dons, or Tranmere, or Coventry , or Rotherham or .... well I’m sure you get the picture . 

Lambert underperformed one of the highest wage bills in the league . No question. 

odd that you should refer to me as City1st, or perhaps not given what else you wrote

ie that I should have to disprove your claim, rather than you having to substantiate it

strange logic that, some might say

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

odd that you should refer to me as City1st, or perhaps not given what else you wrote

ie that I should have to disprove your claim, rather than you having to substantiate it

strange logic that, some might say

No idea what any of that means . Sadly , I’m off to work now so must leave you be. Enjoy the rest of your day . 

Logging off to come back as someone else - as we both know

a convenient way of ducking out of answering an awkward question

ps be careful what lies you next post, I just had a flick through your previous posts - and a right fantasist's diary they make for ......😋

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Logging off to come back as someone else - as we both know

a convenient way of ducking out of answering an awkward question

ps be careful what lies you next post, I just had a flick through your previous posts - and a right fantasist's diary they make for ......😋

No idea what you and GPB are on about but as I said above, Ipswich did have one of the biggest wage budgets last season. Can't remember if it was second or third largest.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

No idea what you and GPB are on about but as I said above, Ipswich did have one of the biggest wage budgets last season. Can't remember if it was second or third largest.

That makes it even better 😁

• Thanks 1