Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Aarons nasty injury, hobbling limping and unable to walk without assistance

Doesn't look great, slightly less concerning than when players go down with nobody about as there's a chance he's just taken a heavy bump and he'll be OK.

If not tho, who the hell goes right back?

Hope for the best but the only way to describe his expression was 'immensely distressed'.

Pretty much sums up our situation. He didn't look quite 'on it' which you'd put down to the heavy schedule; gets caught out a little bit and over-extends trying to make up for it.

Can't see any way past Nizet in the squad for Luton 

Luton will see Zimmerman and 3 at the back. At least we have Emi back and Vrancic can revert to the bench. Where is Rupp? 

Apparently it’s his shin and there was a lot of blood so sounds like a gash. Depends how bad it is but can’t be as bad as ligaments or muscle pull. Can it?

Just now, Hairy Canary said:

Apparently it’s his shin and there was a lot of blood so sounds like a gash. Depends how bad it is but can’t be as bad as ligaments or muscle pull. Can it?

He’ll be fine, may miss Weds, but should be back next Saturday 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

image.jpeg.73849e4f9c7b4995e0a267a768d17e41.jpeg

"COME BACK AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN YOU YELLOW B*ST*RD!"

Watching him hobble across the pitch in an orthopaedic boot as he left the ground doesn’t bode well!

Do people think we should bring back quite a few loans from deals at Xmas. Famewo, mcCullum, Sinnai feel like no brainers if possible. I can also see Drmic back in the next few days. The team needs help to stay in touch, I take the point of others that free agents very rarely work but at the moment we have 5 u23’s on the bench so maybe a couple on 1 year contracts are a necessary evil? 

1 hour ago, Big O said:

I take the point of others that free agents very rarely work

You should tell those people they are clueless muppets.

Pukki, Krul, Trybull all free agents. 

I'd take a punt on Andre Green on sensible money, reckon Farke could polish him up. Can always loan him out if we get promoted, just as we do with Carlton Morris and Louis Thompson - the loan market is an income stream for this club. 

And I'd sign Andy Lonergan as third choice keeper, if Oxborough is out for long term... a club like us should have three senior keepers, just as we did when we had Carlo Nash.

Defence and Striking department can be reinforced if we can recall McCallum, Famewo and Sinani on 1st January. I know that we can recall the two defenders, unsure about Sinani.

I reckon that would be fine for depth. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

27 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You should tell those people they are clueless muppets.

Pukki, Krul, Trybull all free agents. 

A huge mitigating factor here is that they were free agents in the summer, when there are always good players available out of contract, if you can find the ones that are good enough within your price range.

How many decent free agents are available in November?

Even if you look back over several years, I think you'll be very hard pressed to find many decent free agents that Championship clubs have signed at this time of year. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Farke says it's a bang to the shin rather than an ankle injury, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Looking at what he did it's a good job our No. 18 didn't have his leg planted otherwise Aarons would've broken his leg. Studs up, after the ball's been played, horrendous challenge. This isn't bad luck, it's completely his own fault.

image.thumb.png.94f205dddaed31635e30a5119739d0a0.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

A huge mitigating factor here is that they were free agents in the summer, when there are always good players available out of contract, if you can find the ones that are good enough within your price range.

How many decent free agents are available in November?

Even if you look back over several years, I think you'll be very hard pressed to find many decent free agents that Championship clubs have signed at this time of year. 

Danny Welbeck signed for Brighton on 18th October, scored the other day!

I do get your point, that usually good free agents would be released on 31st June and have offers on the table the next day, and wouldn't still be unattached in late November.

But this season saw an unprecedented number of free agents as clubs desperately sought to reduce costs, players saw contract offers rescinded (this happened to Korey Smith, offered  a deal and then retracted, went to Swansea and has played every game). Also happened to Ian Henderson, who definitely wasn't released by Rochdale for lack of ability - he was their star man.

Never before has football had a crisis like this which extended throughout the continent, or throughout the world. Individual leagues have been in crisis, due to lost broadcasting deals or sponsorship. But never before has there been this number of clubs basically signing nobody.

That said, can't imagine there is much by way of quality out there which would improve our first team squad - unless we can convince Daniel Sturridge or Jack Wilshere to play for £20k a week.

There may still be a few gems though, we've got no fit strikers.... Fabio Borini is a free agent! Think he has been offered a deal by the Greek club who released him, plus the Turkish side who had Cameron Jerome.

The geezer can play, he's no donkey. 

What I'm essentially saying is that this season a lot of clubs were forced into releasing players for financial reasons, rather than because they were deadwood, just like that time we released John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett to reduce the wage bill.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I wonder if we will consider making some cheeky bids for experienced players from clubs who could be struggling financially? Bannon and Westwood are good footballers at Wednesday who would surely jump at the chance of a shot at the Prem?

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Danny Welbeck signed for Brighton on 18th October, scored the other day!

I do get your point, that usually good free agents would be released on 31st June and have offers on the table the next day, and wouldn't still be unattached in late November.

But this season saw an unprecedented number of free agents as clubs desperately sought to reduce costs, players saw contract offers rescinded (this happened to Korey Smith, offered  a deal and then retracted, went to Swansea and has played every game). Also happened to Ian Henderson, who definitely wasn't released by Rochdale for lack of ability - he was their star man.

Never before has football had a crisis like this which extended throughout the continent, or throughout the world. Individual leagues have been in crisis, due to lost broadcasting deals or sponsorship. But never before has there been this number of clubs basically signing nobody.

That said, can't imagine there is much by way of quality out there which would improve our first team squad - unless we can convince Daniel Sturridge or Jack Wilshere to play for £20k a week.

There may still be a few gems though, we've got no fit strikers.... Fabio Borini is a free agent! Think he has been offered a deal by the Greek club who released him, plus the Turkish side who had Cameron Jerome.

The geezer can play, he's no donkey. 

What I'm essentially saying is that this season a lot of clubs were forced into releasing players for financial reasons, rather than because they were deadwood, just like that time we released John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett to reduce the wage bill.

All of the above is true, however I don't think there's a free agent available who really strikes me as an obvious option. I'm sure Sturridge and Wilshere will have more lucrative options, and whilst Borini is a useful player who did a job in the Serie A last season, he hasn't really played as a striker much for several years. None of those three would exactly fit our ethos either.

Any free agent who ticks all the boxes for us (good enough, within our price range, not a past-it over-the-hill Drmic type) will have been snapped up months ago, pandemic or not. 

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

16 hours ago, Rams bottom said:

100% with var that is reviewed and is a straight red

3 match ban versus 1 match injury?  Hmmm..

22 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Hope for the best but the only way to describe his expression was 'immensely distressed'.

Pretty much sums up our situation. He didn't look quite 'on it' which you'd put down to the heavy schedule; gets caught out a little bit and over-extends trying to make up for it.

I would agree with this. The way he charged in and flew into the challenge looked to be from a tired player - not just from one game but an accumulation of many games since the return from lockdown in June.  And overall a huge amount of games since he made the breakthrough to the team, with only a small gap after last season and including internationals.  If he is injured for a short while, it may help him recoup some energy for the rest of the season.  One if the first names on the teamsheet if fit, but he could benefit from a week or two off.

Greg Downs noted on Radio Norfolk that prior to this he was not running back after he lost the ball a couple of times so my guess is that fatigue made him lunge into the tackle as he was totally spent.

He wasn't alone in that either.

He was getting caught upfield first half on several occasions leaving Tettey to fill in at RB. He must have a fairly deep level of fatigue if that's happening before halftime. A rest will do him good.

3 at the back is possible but highly risky with all 3 available CHs at one time. Nizet as part of a back four with Zimmermann coming on to help shut up shop is Farke's now usual strategy.