Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Fankaty Dabo- One to keep an eye on?

May have only seen him for 45 minutes but what a player huh? Strong, quick all over the pitch and not a single one of our players have so far been able to deal with him.. He just storms past them with ease like he's made of pure muscle and lightning. Been a while since I saw a wingback as attack minded as him, not one to critise other teams players and all but think most would agree he's probably Coventrys best player and so far has looked a little too good for them.

Given we currently have our main backup rightback being Byram who as much as I do rate it seems is yet another one of our players who tends to end up injured (Not much of a surprise right now sadly) anyone else think Dabo could do well for us? Of course I'm not saying I want Max Aarons to go and god forbid he does but if he does-

Could you see us making a cheeky punt?

5 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Looked ok to me, nothing more.  Totally anonymous in the 2nd half before he got taken off.  I'd have to see more of him to judge if he'd be good enough for us, especially should we go up.

To be fair, he impressed at Vitesse and was Coventry's player of the season last season. He probably is a good player rather than a player who just had a good half a game, could easily see him getting a decent move one the footballing economy begins to improve.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Looked good, but we have Bali Mumba who is a right back? 

I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy, but we probably need to be thinking long term about an Aarons replacement for six months time. I guess we need both a Premier League shortlist and a Championship one, and Dabo may be on the latter.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

To be fair, he impressed at Vitesse and was Coventry's player of the season last season. He probably is a good player rather than a player who just had a good half a game, could easily see him getting a decent move one the footballing economy begins to improve.

Like I said, I don't know enough of him to say either way, but just on today then I'd say no.  He seems to be highly rated, so will try and keep a look out.  Sadly though apart from our game, I actually don't pay much attention to the other Championship games, seems such a poor standard this season.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Jinxed it by saying I hope Aarons doesn't get injured didn't I? 🙃

No. Believe it or not , nothing  you say has any effect on anything that happens on the pitch.

Edited by wcorkcanary
Clarity

I thought Dabo was very decent. Possibly their best player.

Fingers crossed that Max starts at Luton.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ohhhh, that's a stinger. Someone a little upset tonight? Sorry you're not feeling well.

Well I must say your lame attempts  at humour  have left me feeling queasy  .

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Well I must say your lame attempts  at humour  have left me feeling queasy  .

Well you could always just act like an adult and ignore those you don't like.

I mean it can be hard but trust me it's not .Impossible. You can do it, I know you can! ☺️

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well you could always just act like an adult and ignore those you don't like.

I mean it can be hard but trust me it's not .Impossible. You can do it, I know you can! ☺️

Where's the fun in that? Good grief, this is my third favourite  sport.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy, but we probably need to be thinking long term about an Aarons replacement for six months time. I guess we need both a Premier League shortlist and a Championship one, and Dabo may be on the latter.

One that was looked at in Farkes first season extensively but not one in thoughts now. 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Dabo is too short for a defender in the modern game. We have enough problems in the air as it is. 

He's marginally taller than Max...

He played well first half but the inexperience of Martin and Sorensen did show. Noticeably Farke put Placheta on that side and he does seem to be very disciplined and hard working defensively. 

6 minutes ago, kirku said:

He's marginally taller than Max...

Indeed, max is 5'10 while Dabo is 6'2.

Which reminds me about how supposedly the reason Spurs ended up not buying or wanting Max is due to Mourinho complaning that he was too small.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Which reminds me about how supposedly the reason Spurs ended up not buying or wanting Max is due to Mourinho complaning that he was too small.

He was prepared to make an exception for Ashley Cole but Jose likes all his players to be a minimum of 5ft 11.  Looking at the Premier League last year it seems he is not alone

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hope we keep on eye on him, Dabo is just back from injury so obviously tired in the 2nd half.

Yeah he bossed it in the first half and ran the show but did tire pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only 2cm in it according to Google card but might be crappy data