lappinitup

*****Officiall Match Thread v Coventry*****

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

Please don’t tell me how I’m feeling. I’m happy to debate which I did (I just happen to think your previous opinion was rubbish) but I did not have this opinion because I’m upset we lost. 

You just jumped right in with a personal comment about a general comment I made on the game. Hence my assumption you were quick to lash out with a view you didn't like. I'm not a disrespectful person (even in this reply to you). 

Forget it. It doesn't matter. It's just a football game. And no more responses from me on it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Robins made 5 subs because he has a squad to choose from. Robins made 5 changes to the starting line up to rotate and keep his players fresh. We didn't have that option. Other than bringing on young players i'm guessing Farke has much better knowledge on their capabilities on than you. 

Ah yes, a squad to choose from. 

A goaly who at 28 has played 30 league games. Three players on the bench with one appearance between them. Another who has been out injured for 14 months. And another who they signed two days ago. 

Tell me more about the illustrious bench Robins had to play with 😂

Edited by canarydan23

Whether to use the kids aside, Robins cashed in on our fatigue making five changes from midweek and then 5 pairs of fresh legs from the bench.

As for the subs maybe McLear could have given the side more legs during the last 20 mins. However considering Farke's record with youth I'm reluctant to question him.

I still would have started a young striker, left Stieps at number 10 and played Vrancic deeper.

Take the point and move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Pretty much all of it

Do you know what the word specifically means? Would it help if I made it bigger and green? 

Edited by canarydan23

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Big supporter of Farke. Best manager we've had for years. I'm questioning that the match was slipping away. And I am a fan expressing a view. Who is talking about not trusting the manager. I'm talking about a lack of decision, not ripping him apart.

Try getting annoyed at someone else because I'm guessing you're not happy with the result so choose to rip into someone with a grievance. All views are relevant. Have some  respect yourself for the possibility that we all see things in different ways.

Just re read my post and really don’t get what you’re on about. Don’t tell me I lack respect. Other than calling your post rubbish (is that not a valid opinion, particularly when I then back up why I think so..?) I haven’t ‘ripped’ into you at all.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Worth remembering these arent young players who are in the side because Farke things their ready. They're in the side because we literally have no other option. It's entirely possible that bringin on one of the youngsters would have been as ineffective as Steipermann but also not tracked back, or committed silly fouls through eagerness, etc etc.

Again, not making a sub is a much a decision as making a sub.

The actual message board voice of reason - yet again.

I quoted Branston a second ago but the reality is that I’m gobsmacked how many think our subs bench was made up with players selected by choice because Farke thinks they’re actually ready, rather than the reality that it was not by choice! There are NO other choices! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Are people that stupid that they think Farke can’t see that making a substitution brings a fresh energy. I mean, REALLY?!

It’s quite obvious why he didn’t bring them on, it’s clear that he doesn’t feel they’re quite ready to make their debuts defending a tight lead in senior football yet! That bench was born from necessity.

Had we been 2 or 3 up with a few minutes to go then he may have been a bit more adventurous, but we weren’t unfortunately, and risking a rabbit in the headlights situation where we ended up losing the game - it’s not really hard to work out.

• Like 1

Hello

The big picture is that after 14 games Norwich City are averaging 2 points a game and havent lost for 10 games. At 2 points a game that is automatic promotion. The current injury situation is the worst I have known in 68 years of supporting the canaries.

It really needs everyone of us to get behind the club and its manager at the moment. I am sure that there is a grid at carrow road which estimates what result is needed from which game and the bonus of 6 from Middlesbrough and stoke is offset by perhaps 2 points lost against Coventry. 

Meanwhile the club is one game nearer getting back krul byram quintilla Rupp McLean Cantwell pukki idah hugill dowell hernandez and And ? Aaron's and for example buendia will be back on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

The bonus of today is that several young players have seen the preparation needed for a league fixture at championship level

It's a long season

Goodbye

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Please don’t tell me how I’m feeling. I’m happy to debate which I did (I just happen to think your previous opinion was rubbish) but I did not have this opinion because I’m upset we lost. 

Well clearly you've got the ar*e; it's seeping from every keyboard stroke. 

You call Sonyc disrespectful for expressing his opinion on Fakres game management...

...but with your first word call his opinion rubbish. Respecttttttttttt!

Maybe take some time away from the keyboard, take a deep breath or ten etc.

OTBC

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How do you know it wouldn't have harmed?

If anything we could have defended higher up the pitch and helped midfield more. But we failed to take our chances earlier. And teams will create chances. Even Lynn scored despite getting a hiding.

But I don't understand the assumption that bringing on an academy player would have made us better. They are only on the bench because we haven't got anyone else.

Why on earth would it ‘harm’ a player?  These guys are meant to be young PROFESSIONAL footballers, they have already played hundreds of games in their lifetimes  - are you trying to tell me that replacing a completely knackered Stiepi after 80 mins would have ruined a player’s career if we had conceded?  That is ridiculous.

I don’t get this “we played the youth in the past and they were good, so we should do it again” argument at all. Farke picked Lewis, Aarons and the rest because they were the best options at the time. If he doesn’t play U23s now, it’s because there are other, better options.

I think Farke was right in not bringing on 5 academy players just because they were fresher, but I don't see it would have done us any harm to utilise just one of the strikers to replace Steipermann after about 75 minutes, who was clearly blowing out of his **** at that point, and had a pretty awful game as a striker anyway. Oh and this is not a dig at Marco, but he's clearly not a striker in any way, shape or form.

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

You call Sonyc disrespectful for expressing his opinion on Fakres game management...

OTBC

Thank you very much Disco...I have no reactions to give.

I guess Fiery named himself for a good reason. Bit surprised... but I do not want a fight, just to defend my corner. 

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Do you know what the word specifically means? Would it help if I made it bigger and green? 

You got the names of their manager, our manager and the fact that three points are available for winning a game correct. Every other part was garbage. Specifically, every other part.

I think looking back Farke will probably feel that he should've subbed Vrancic and Stiepermann who were basically traffic cones for the last 15-20 mins. I can't see much risk in swapping out players in the advanced positions who were knackered - at all. 

If he was playing football manager and in the habit of save scumming (replaying the game); on getting to the same point at 1-0 up, would he again decide to not make any substitutions - specifically in regards to those two players? I don't think so. 

IMO it was a mistake to not change things when the writing was on the wall. But its probably the first error he's made this season and his subs have been fantastic generally!

That's it. I don't agree with any of the OTT criticism (I don't think he cowered / surrendered as canary dan suggested) but I don't see an issue with pointing out the error either.

Still overall I think I would've taken a draw before the match, just always disappointing when it comes with a late equaliser to drop 2 points!

Just now, sonyc said:

I guess Fiery named himself for a good reason. Bit surprised... but I do not want a fight, just to defend my corner. 

You're a top dog Sonyc, always respectful of other posters and their opinions. Need more like ya. 👍

OTBC

Given the injuries i would consider that as a point gained rather than two lost. Just hope that Aaron’s isn’t seriously injured and we can field a better line up next time out

13 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The actual message board voice of reason - yet again.

I quoted Branston a second ago but the reality is that I’m gobsmacked how many think our subs bench was made up with players selected by choice because Farke thinks they’re actually ready, rather than the reality that it was not by choice! There are NO other choices! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Are people that stupid that they think Farke can’t see that making a substitution brings a fresh energy. I mean, REALLY?!

It’s quite obvious why he didn’t bring them on, it’s clear that he doesn’t feel they’re quite ready to make their debuts defending a tight lead in senior football yet! That bench was born from necessity.

Had we been 2 or 3 up with a few minutes to go then he may have been a bit more adventurous, but we weren’t unfortunately, and risking a rabbit in the headlights situation where we ended up losing the game - it’s not really hard to work out.

I think you are missing the point.  No one is suggesting making a wall of subs and just letting them get on with it.  I’m talking about after 80mins, bringing on one of them to replace Stiepi (or Mario) who was barely an outlet for the last 10+ minutes.  It is nothing to do with being more adventurous per se, merely giving us the best chance possible.  

I’m really struggling to see how bringing someone on in an advanced position would ‘ruin’ either our chances of holding out or their career in some way....far more likely the opposite is true.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

WHY DIDNT FARKE BRING ON ALL THESE PLAYERS IVE NEVER SEEN PLAY AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUT WOULD CLEARLY HAVE DONE BETTER THAN THE FIRST TEAM PLAYERS WE DID PLAY BECAUSE WE CONCEDED A GOAL.

Thats genuinely how stupid and naive the complaints on here are.

No. You are blinkered in this. Vrancic and Stiepermann were doing nothing. If the best strikers we have in the U23s cannot come on and do more than they were doing in the last 20 minutes then frankly we may as well release them now.

i wasn’t expecting a match winning cameo from a 18 or 19 year old but we needed someone who could run off the shoulder of their defence abs give them some movement to worry about.

i think he got it wrong today (and with not taking off our Crown Jewels early enough on Tuesday. Farke us a great coach but the timing of subs when the momentum shifts in games remains his Achilles heel. 

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

Thought this was a place to share opinion? I’ve been told my opinion is rubbish (and far worse) plenty of times on here, and sometimes they’re right, can I not say ‘rubbish’ without being disrespectful? How would you like me to phrase it?

My frustration was with the post that was and is becoming all to common an opinion but that I believe to be untrue and disrespectful to a manager that deserves more considering what he’s dealing with and what he’s achieving. 

There's a way to argue both sides reasonably. 

Bringing Zim on for Martin is a totally reasonable change, but it also switches our emphasis; most of our personnel is then in our own half and we struggle to hold the ball higher up the pitch.

I don't think anyone is advocating using all 4 subsequent subs on untried youth team players. But one or two, particularly for Vrancic or Stiepermann who became less and less useful as the game wore on, might have helped us retain the ball over the halfway line and have a little goal threat on the break.

It's an unenviable situation for Farke to be in, and as I've said elsewhere we take the point and get on with it. But it isn't naive and OTT to ask questions.

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

WHY DIDNT FARKE BRING ON ALL THESE PLAYERS IVE NEVER SEEN PLAY AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUT WOULD CLEARLY HAVE DONE BETTER THAN THE FIRST TEAM PLAYERS WE DID PLAY BECAUSE WE CONCEDED A GOAL.

Thats genuinely how stupid and naive the complaints on here are.

FARKE IS MANAGER THEREFORE EVERYTHING HE DOES IS RIGHT AND IF YOU DISAGREE WITH WHAT HE DOES YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY WRONG

That's genuinely how stupid the people who are reacting with incredulity at the mere suggestion Farke dropped the ball today. 

10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Lol. You don’t want a fight yet make a provocative statement about my username, after accusing me of ripping into you and that I’m disrespectful in disagreeing with your opinion. Hmm.

I actually don’t want a fight and have been in very few over the decade I’ve been a member here. Apologies if we’re unable to debate, I’m just a passionate fan.

Edited by Fiery Zac

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

No. You are blinkered in this. Vrancic and Stiepermann were doing nothing. If the best strikers we have in the U23s cannot come on and do more than they were doing in the last 20 minutes then frankly we may as well release them now.

i wasn’t expecting a match winning cameo from a 18 or 19 year old but we needed someone who could run off the shoulder of their defence abs give them some movement to worry about.

i think he got it wrong today (and with not taking off our Crown Jewels early enough on Tuesday. Farke us a great coach but the timing of subs when the momentum shifts in games remains his Achilles heel. 

I agree with this - u23 players should be capable of at least causing a side something to think about, no one is suggesting they’d come on and be expected to fire a hat trick, but ‘occupy’ them and give them something to think about.  It isn’t as if we would be asking Barden to come on and take a 90th minute penalty to win the cup final, merely bring one young, fresh striker to replace a knackered one.  Surely our u23s should be up to that?

19 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

.....do you know what the word all means?

4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Lol. You don’t want a fight yet make a provocative statement about my username, after accusing me of ripping into you and that I’m disrespectful in disagreeing with your opinion. Hmm.

I actually don’t want a fight and have been in very little over the decade I’ve been a member here. Apologies if we’re unable to debate, I’m just a passionate fan.

It's all fine.

I'm happy (as ever) to apologise for my view of the match that caused offence. 

It is just a view and it may sound strange to say this but my views are quite unimportant even to me!

I just wanted to clarify I wasn't being disrespectful to Farke. If we were talking about a manager I strongly disliked and actually disrespected it was Roeder. 

Ps. I've just re-read your last point ..  "I apologise if you were unable to debate".... It seems it's my problem then. At least you get a genuine apology from my end.

It really is unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Always try and be kind to others and we will never go wrong.

Edited by sonyc

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why on earth would it ‘harm’ a player?  These guys are meant to be young PROFESSIONAL footballers, they have already played hundreds of games in their lifetimes  - are you trying to tell me that replacing a completely knackered Stiepi after 80 mins would have ruined a player’s career if we had conceded?  That is ridiculous.

Don't say ridiculous. They have played against lads their own age. Not a seasoned lump like McFadzean.

And who is talking about ruining a career. I never mentioned ruined. I'm talking about us losing a game.

You asked what harm it could do. And I offered my reasons for thinking it would have harmed. Personally, I don't believe it would have improved us.

Get the youngsters in the training process Daniel on Monday and then you will be prepared to bring them on.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't say ridiculous. They have played against lads their own age. Not a seasoned lump like McFadzean.

And who is talking about ruining a career. I never mentioned ruined. I'm talking about us losing a game.

You asked what harm it could do. And I offered my reasons for thinking it would have harmed. Personally, I don't believe it would have improved us.

Harm how, exactly?  I can tell you 100% that if I were one of the youngsters who was on the bench today, watching us get deeper and deeper with Stiepi and Mario looking increasingly knackered, in my head I’d have been desperately disappointed not to have got on.  Far more so than had I achieved a dream of getting some first team action but concede a goal.