lappinitup

*****Officiall Match Thread v Coventry*****

Just now, Indy_Bones said:

Should have brought a couple of the youngsters on sooner as there were clearly tired legs out there and it's ended up costing us.

I know we're running very thin in terms of players atm, but we absolutely needed the additional energy over experience IMHO.

Yep. You've summed it up perfectly.

Poor management by Farke. Did not create any energy in those last 15 minutes when we had ran out of energy.

We could all see it coming.

Meh, 1-1. I suppose a point is not bad with this absolute litany of injuries but this time we got a taste of our own medicine with late goals. Fair play to Coventry though, they kept at it. Let's hope this Aarons injury isn't too bad. Then again, with Mumba and Byron out...

Looks like three centre-halves against Luton.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Poor management by Farke. Did not create any energy in those last 15 minutes when we had ran out of energy.

Said i'd take a point, little disappointing for their goal to come so late but we looked dead on 80 mins. Coventry were really pushing and it's a big ask to bring on a few youngsters 'just for energy' - you're asking them to, on their league debut, cope with a mismatch squad, an overload of championship players really pushing for a goal - it's really easy to say bring them on for energy without considering the other side.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Why was their goal not offside?

Because Gibson tackled their guy. The ball went there from Gibson, not their player unfortunately.

Robins tried to get something out of the second half, Farke tried to cross his fingers and hope for the best. 

Dickson-Peters must be utter garbage in training if Farke thought that Stiepermann had to be kept on.

Three points there for the taking but Farke didn't want them, decided to take one himself and hand another to Robins. 

Shocking performance from the dugout today, regardless of the injuries. 

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Just seen it back, clearly offside

Don’t think their forward touched it, I will stand corrected if he did, but I think it was just a tackle from Gibson

In the circumstances a point isn't bad. Aarons hasn't made too many errors but that was one caused by tired legs. Tettey was excellent, so was Hanley. Vrancic isn't a 10.

I can’t see what harm bringing one or two of the youngsters on would have done, after 75-80 minutes, other than add some much needed energy.  Slightly strange from DF. There’s little point naming them if you aren’t up to using them.

I thought Aaron’s was our best player until he seemed to have an absolute moment of madness. Completely out of character. Cost us the points and our only fit FB. No idea why Farke didn’t make subs earlier, even if just fresh legs and to eat up some time.

Having said that, I’d have taken a point pre-match with all the injuries.

Just now, sgncfc said:

In the circumstances a point isn't bad. Aarons hasn't made too many errors but that was one caused by tired legs. Tettey was excellent, so was Hanley. Vrancic isn't a 10.

Vrancic isn't a 10, Sorenson isn't a left-back, Stiepermann isn't a striker (or even a footballer sometimes). 

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Rubbish. It’s fine margins. Coventry huffed and puffed but weren’t peppering the goal. Chucking a youngster on just for the sake of fresh legs may have worked, it may not have but to call it poor management is disrespectful and just wrong imo. I realise I’ll be in the minority but I trust the manager that’s got us to the top of the league (and promoted from it in the past) over us armchair fans.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Just seen it back, clearly offside

Watching it live I thought it was, and the only replay I have seen is behind the goal and it's difficult to see as the goalscorer may have been behind the ball player when it came back to him?

Nothing lost today, considering as I didn't expect Bournemouth to draw at Rotherham

Edited by Crabbycanary3

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Robins tried to get something out of the second half, Farke tried to cross his fingers and hope for the best. 

Dickson-Peters must be utter garbage in training if Farke thought that Stiepermann had to be kept on.

Three points there for the taking but Farke didn't want them, decided to take one himself and hand another to Robins. 

Shocking performance from the dugout today, regardless of the injuries. 

Sorry - this kind of garbage from so called supporters needs to be called out. Please don't post unless and until you've calmed down because you just make yourself look stupid. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Said i'd take a point, little disappointing for their goal to come so late but we looked dead on 80 mins. Coventry were really pushing and it's a big ask to bring on a few youngsters 'just for energy' - you're asking them to, on their league debut, cope with a mismatch squad, an overload of championship players really pushing for a goal - it's really easy to say bring them on for energy without considering the other side.

For me it was about trying to change the momentum. I understand the point you're making though. Still disappointed in Farke there though, even though his options were severely restricted. Marco Stiepermann was blowing from about 80 minutes and I could see little to trouble their defence.

I understand that bringing on several youngsters wouldn't have been wise when you're defending a 1-0 lead with your backs against the wall, but some fresh legs up top could've helped.

But as is always the case on here, Farke can't win on here as he is always criticised whatever decision he takes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Rubbish. It’s fine margins. Coventry huffed and puffed but weren’t peppering the goal. Chucking a youngster on just for the sake of fresh legs may have worked, it may not have but to call it poor management is disrespectful and just wrong imo. I realise I’ll be in the minority but I trust the manager that’s got us to the top of the league (and promoted from it in the past) over us armchair fans.

I suspect you will be in the minority. Fortune favours the brave; Robins stepped up, Farke cowered behind his ipad. 

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Vrancic isn't a 10, Sorenson isn't a left-back, Stiepermann isn't a striker (or even a footballer sometimes). 

BINNER!

• Haha 1

Just now, sonyc said:

For me it was about trying to change the momentum. I understand the point you're making though. Still disappointed in Farke there though, even though his options were severely restricted. Marco Stiepermann was blowing from about 80 minutes and I could see little to trouble their defence.

Worth remembering these arent young players who are in the side because Farke things their ready. They're in the side because we literally have no other option. It's entirely possible that bringin on one of the youngsters would have been as ineffective as Steipermann but also not tracked back, or committed silly fouls through eagerness, etc etc.

Again, not making a sub is a much a decision as making a sub.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Cheers yourselves up, nip over to TWTD

Pretty chuffed with the result, no striker no Emi no Pukki no Krul and yet we still got a point to go ten unbeaten

not bad if you ask me

Don't lets get carried away with shoving on lots of academy lads.

Lack of a goalscorer was all that stopped us winning comfortably.

We got a point and are still up there.

No blame today. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I didn't agree with the initial line-up. Always try and make a positive in sport and play to win and you never know what might happen. Felt we were too negative today in our approach and now it's cost us with yet another injury.

Edited by Capt. Pants

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Sorry - this kind of garbage from so called supporters needs to be called out. Please don't post unless and until you've calmed down because you just make yourself look stupid. 

What bit was garbage? If it needs calling out, call it out specifically. If you do and you have a point then I'll consider changing my approach. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I suspect you will be in the minority. Fortune favours the brave; Robins stepped up, Farke cowered behind his ipad. 

He's not in the minority. Farke didn't 'cower' - Coventry barely created anything either despite all their huffing and puffing.

Again, Farke knows better than you. So, so much better than you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Can’t agree with that - don’t name them if you aren’t willing to use them - no one’s suggesting playing people out of position, but Stiepermann and Mario were two that looked spent and replacing them wouldn’t have harmed us defensively, while giving Coventry something to think about. 

Edited by Branston Pickle