Sign in to follow this  
Tilt

Francis

OK, I am aware that Holt and Mulryne are playing nicely together in the middle but I''d really like to see Francis back in there - He''s really impressed me and has got a few goals...He seems to have got overlooked recently and I feel a tad sorry for him as he''s never had a bad game...

Never had a bad game? Have to disagree with that. The last 2 or 3 games before he was dropped, he looked totally unfocussed - not closing down, and caught in possession too much. I''m sure that''s why NW''s resting him. I hope he gets it together though - he''s a big asset when he''s working well.

I have to agree with Old Boy. Francis started really well and showed that he will be a real asset to the club.

However the last couple of games he started his committment levels dropped - he wasnt going into 50/50s any more or tracking back with the same energy that we had seen previously. For NW this is simply unforgiveable. Whilst he is clearly far more talented than Holty Holt has shown over the last half dozen games that he has responded to the competition for places and upped his game - highlighted by the superb run and cross for Leons goal yesterday.

Having Francis on the bench means that he should be hungry to prove NW wrong & gives NW options if Mullers has an off game (cant see Holt EVER being dropped by NW - Holt seems to have some sort of hold over him!) NW has got this one right too..

If Francis shows that hunger to go with his undoubted ability he will be a star for city.

who would you put him in for, Holt was outstanding yesterday, whilst Mulryne ran his socks off and was the only city player who demanded the ball everytime we had it. Without mullers in the team our passing style is shot.