Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Today's Nightmare Injury News

Just now, birchfest said:

Its a shame we don't have an emergency recall for Sinani now, even if Pukki was fit he would be getting time with the first team off the bench and would be starting tomorrow. 

There are no emergency recall options on any loan these days outside the january window. Any recall negotiated for a player wouldn't be able to take place until January.

This league is tough we know that we have been in it on and off for so long. It is a squad game and we will manage to put out a team which will have a chance of winning, but difficult to see where the goals will come from. That said we are a lot tighter at the back than in the past so we have a chance. Martin looked good the other night and he and Platecha could be very useful on the break if Coventry try and go for the win. Probably has draw all over it

I have a funny feeling, even with an entirely fully fit squad available, this would be exactly the kind of banana skin game to temporarily end our run anyway - that’s how football works, doesn’t it?

Ironic we were concerned about the central defence at the start of the season, and so far, it’s actually turned out to be the one area where we’ve not really had any problems of serious note! (touch wood!)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I have a funny feeling, even with an entirely fully fit squad available, this would be exactly the kind of banana skin game to temporarily end our run anyway - that’s how football works, doesn’t it?

to make some real mental gymnastics, the injury setbacks might just stop us going into this one with complacency. Imagine a fired up Dickson-Peters ready to ruin Lee Camps debut

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Spot on, Zac - said this myself the other day so share your thoughts there!

Maybe, just maybe, it’s been this intensity in training that has set us apart from the other sides in the division. It’s very likely it’s why we’re usually so dominant in the second half of games right up to the final whistle. No pain, no gain, as they say. Take that away, and yes, we finish mid table.

If that’s the case then I suppose it could be the reason for some injuries, and contributory, of course. But let’s be real, blaming EVERY SINGLE INJURY on it each time now just sounds a bit stupid tbh. Plenty of injuries have come from outside training, from opposition challenges etc. There’s no bloody conspiracy there! They happen!

We have a mental fixture list on top of that, and we can’t expect every club in the Championship all to face exactly the same quantity of injuries at once, everyone will get their turn make no mistake. I’ll be surprised if AFCB will be in great shape around the time we have what looks like a raft of players coming back. This season will very likely effect every club 👍

Alex as you stated quite deliberately ' EVERY SINGLE INJURY ' where has that been said ?

59 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

Say what you like but there is something seriously amiss about our fitness programme and sports science set up.

Careful now as we will have none of that talk around here. 😜🤣

3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

to make some real mental gymnastics, the injury setbacks might just stop us going into this one with complacency. Imagine a fired up Dickson-Peters ready to ruin Lee Camps debut

Ha ha, out of reactions TJ, but Lee Camp, just no! 

The saddest thing is, and I genuinely hope I’m wrong, is I have this horrible feeling there might be a few knives out already in preparation for MM upon the first goal he concedes. Let’s hope not, because we’re in a great position, and support will be vital at this tricky time - we’re not entitled to anything other than the players that have been given contracts at this club giving their all, and that’s it.

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The saddest thing is, and I genuinely hope I’m wrong, is I have this horrible feeling there might be a few knives out already in preparation for MM upon the first goal he concedes. Let’s hope not, because we’re in a great position, and support will be vital at this tricky time - we’re not entitled to anything other than the players that have been given contracts at this club giving their all, and that’s it.

Wonder if Camp knows Mcgovern? 🤔

43 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

Don't be silly. Depth of squad is our current saviour and if you reckon we've been anything but lucky in games so far this season you are deluding yourself.

Agreed, squad depth is vital. The rest of your post is rubbish (imo) and shows quite clearly who’s deluded.

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

you realise Lee Camp has signed for Coventry... I wasn't suggesting we get him.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Alex as you stated quite deliberately ' EVERY SINGLE INJURY ' where has that been said ?

There hasn’t been, hence why it’s not a quote - it was simply an opinion I have Tilly (and it’s not necessarily a fact) that there APPEARS to be some that insinuate even match day fouls are caused by the sports scientists - I’m sure I won’t have been the only poster to notice this, I think, pretty mad assumption, Tilly. BUT, who knows, it could be true - the opinion that I share with others is (and also yourself) is that some of this is surely from the load that gets put upon them. Who can forget the training session straight after we played Ip****e a few years back - I must admit I was pretty surprised. So I’m actually in agreement there and on your side. But I also agree with the point that this extra work load has helped make us the team we are. Seems like a bit of a catch 22 to me. Maybe once we have plenty more players back in January, we won’t have to push them quite as hard and that will allow us to change half the side or so from 60mins plus?

50 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

Don't be silly. Depth of squad is our current saviour and if you reckon we've been anything but lucky in games so far this season you are deluding yourself.

Also, are you saying you don’t believe our level of fitness (intensive training) has anything to do with our results?? 

Remember Lamberts comments when he first got here about how unfit the squad was. Look how many late winners we got when he was in charge too. I doubt it’s purely coincidence that the two managers who’ve been most outspoken about fitness and training are the ones who have got the most out of teams for the duration of matches.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Interesting point of view that a fully fit squad would equate to a mid table finish.

I think the thinking is a team that has a lighter training load to avoid injuries wouldn’t be performing to the levels you’ve seen of us this season... 

We’ve already had Klopp come out with statements about not finishing the season with 11 players. I’m sure if he just lightened his training load 38 premier league games + cup wouldn’t be too much at all for a squad of fully grown men but you can say goodbye to a champions league spot let alone winning the league.

We won’t be the only team with injuries this season and by the time we get into the new year  I doubt there will be a single club unaffected. 

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

you realise Lee Camp has signed for Coventry... I wasn't suggesting we get him.

No I didn’t, I actually wasn’t aware! Would rather have MM personally so not fussed, you have to wonder why Camp’s had so many clubs though on the short term.

1 hour ago, jaywick_canery said:

We've been "Lucky" so far this season. 

🤣🤣😆😄🙃😅😃😀🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

20201127_143154.jpg.114225a8ce28d6450585ba2762dc3d25.jpgAdam Idah on the bench. Oh dear 

That team would (has already in parts?) do some serious damage (apart from to themselves) in this League

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

I know right, the way we’ve got this fitness programme set up, we’ve, like, got to the top of the championship! Ridiculous ain’t it? And sports science...well, blimey, don’t get me started, it’s like they want us to win these matches

What would Ron Saunders say about these injuries , can’t blame piggy backing up and down mousehold Heath like they did during the 72 season ! 

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

That team would (has already in parts?) do some serious damage (apart from to themselves) in this League

You have to say if this team played the team we put out tomorrow (and everyone was fit), your money would be on the injured/suspended team.

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

Its a shame we don't have an emergency recall for Sinani now, even if Pukki was fit he would be getting time with the first team off the bench and would be starting tomorrow. 

But Farke would never play him immediately. He clearly thinks it’s important for new players to acclimatise. By the time Sinani was up to speed, we’d have many of the injured players back.

It's obviously not great to see players injured in any way or form, but it is not a disaster as one or two seem to think. Krul and Pukki get a bit of a break physicaly and mentally from the hurly burly of incessant football and should come back stronger as a result, while McGovern and/or Barden get some competitive action and maybe a youngster or two get the opportunity up front. We play in a way throughout the club that players coming in will be used to, which makes for an interesting few weeks while we get other players back to fitness.

It's an opportunity, not a disaster.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

What would Ron Saunders say about these injuries , can’t blame piggy backing up and down mousehold Heath like they did during the 72 season ! 

I wonder what shape their kness , ankles etc are in today. There was also widespread steroid use in footy during the seventies,  in effect allowing players to play when they shouldn't .

Times change , fortunately for the players

31 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's obviously not great to see players injured in any way or form, but it is not a disaster as one or two seem to think. Krul and Pukki get a bit of a break physicaly and mentally from the hurly burly of incessant football and should come back stronger as a result, while McGovern and/or Barden get some competitive action and maybe a youngster or two get the opportunity up front. We play in a way throughout the club that players coming in will be used to, which makes for an interesting few weeks while we get other players back to fitness.

Spot on, Lakey - our of likes but several good points there 👍

I bet the kids down the a140 still look at what’s left of us and wish they could be in their team.

👍

As above have said  the recent history has shown those up and coming can do a great job you can bet they will be chomping at the bit for their chance tomorrow .

45 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm probably looking forward to watching this game more than any others so far. It will be fascinating to see who plays where and how they do. And I think there will be a kind of siege mentality rather than the inferiority complex we had last season when we had injuries (Villa at home, for instance). 3 points would be absolutely huge, 1 would be fantastic.

17 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I'm probably looking forward to watching this game more than any others so far. It will be fascinating to see who plays where and how they do. And I think there will be a kind of siege mentality rather than the inferiority complex we had last season when we had injuries (Villa at home, for instance). 3 points would be absolutely huge, 1 would be fantastic.

And of course it gives our youngsters a chance to shine, which is always a good thing given our record with these sort of situations and things. (Just look at Lewis)

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm always baffled that we announce injuries the day before. What don't we leave the opposition guessing until an hour before kick off? 

Trying to remember, was it normal to let the opposition know what players were out for the game years ago? Why are we even obliged to say anything in detail anyway? Good point you’ve brought up, Dylan 👍

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Trying to remember, was it normal to let the opposition know what players were out for the game years ago? Why are we even obliged to say anything in detail anyway? Good point you’ve brought up, Dylan 👍

The rule is that the team sheet goes in an hour before kick off. I've no recollection of announcing injuries in days gone by but Farke is no mug. He must do it for a reason.