Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Tier 2 - 2k Fans

Just now, hogesar said:

Embarrassing reading you constantly try and prod Nutty into reacting to you, but equally hilarious that he completely ignores you 😅

Interesting that you havent noticed my replies to others

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

I’m amazed that supporters were allowed into the Preston game but no one knows how they’re going to pay for it yet

I thought the same FF! does seem strange when the club needs all the money it can get atm! 

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Another unknown is whether all season ticket holders could apply regardless of where they live? 

Everything is unknown as the club hasnt said anything yet! 

Why not wait for the club to issue something?

Give the tickets for free or reduced rate to key workers and schoolkids if under sunscribed.  The support base needs to be widened and it shows thanks 

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Everything is unknown as the club hasnt said anything yet! 

Why not wait for the club to issue something?

Because it is interesting to speculate, and kind of what this message board is for?

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Because it is interesting to speculate, and kind of what this message board is for?

Agreed BP. 

But why not suggest what would like to seen, and what the club is in control of.

4 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Give the tickets for free or reduced rate to key workers and schoolkids if under sunscribed.  The support base needs to be widened and it shows thanks 

Agree - re key workers , and posted similar earlier. doubt it will be undersubscribed though. 

We have a large fan base, and a waiting list for season tickets, so whilst any expanding of the fan base is all good we arent struggling in that respect.  

26 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Agree - re key workers , and posted similar earlier. doubt it will be undersubscribed though. 

We have a large fan base, and a waiting list for season tickets, so whilst any expanding of the fan base is all good we arent struggling in that respect.  

Great minds and all that. 

You are probably right that the support base is big enough for the stadium but there is untapped potential that could be lost if it is a closed shop.

How is the Ben Godfrey stand getting on anyway?  No doubt we are making the most of the lack of crowds to progress the project??!...

12 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

No chance of any game being undersubscribed and how do you define a keyworker.. I don’t work for the NHS but am a key worker according to my employer

I would hope that if any Tier 3 types are allowed in they are required to wear torn clothes, let their hair be unkempt, cover the lower part of their face and cry out “ Unclean! Unclean!”

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

No chance of any game being undersubscribed and how do you define a keyworker.. I don’t work for the NHS but am a key worker according to my employer

One way could be to show blue light or armed forces id.    Tickets will go to season tickets holders though so a bit academic. Its the same reason there is a crumbling stand slowly rusting and eroding away

Surely the sensible thing to do is that ST holders just pay as they go t his season and then don;t pay anything for next season?

Or are they saying that any games you go to this season are deducted from the credit currently being held towards next season?

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Surely the sensible thing to do is that ST holders just pay as they go t his season and then don;t pay anything for next season?

Definitely this

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I would hope that if any Tier 3 types are allowed in they are required to wear torn clothes, let their hair be unkempt, cover the lower part of their face and cry out “ Unclean! Unclean!”

Tier 3 types aren't allowed in. If you live in a Tier 3 area the rules are that you should abide by Tier 3 rules even if you travel out of the area, which you should only do for "work, education, youth services or because of caring responsibilities".

Whether the club will leave it up to individuals to abide by that rule, or bring something in that prevents people based in a Tier 3 area from purchasing tickets, I don't know.

What i find strange in all this is that Luton with a capacity of 10,300 are permitted to have 2,000 in the ground, the same number as us with a capacity of 27,000 and Arsenal with a capacity of just over 60,000.

My view is that it should be percentage of capacity.

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

What i find strange in all this is that Luton with a capacity of 10,300 are permitted to have 2,000 in the ground, the same number as us with a capacity of 27,000 and Arsenal with a capacity of just over 60,000.

It is a strange one - as they all are. 

Agree, that it should be the number you can have inside the ground within the restriction should dictate the numbers, and obviously larger grounds would get more. 

I guess its to do with the infrastructure outside and the gathering of larger numbers that is the factor. 

22 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I hope this time there is a fairer method of allocating tickets than pot luck 

Totally agree-may I suggest that priority is given to fans that have not trolled the club, the owners or individual players on social media? 🤐

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It’s nothing to do with capacity of stadium, it’s now many the authorities believe is safe to be travelling to and then queuing/congregating etc to get into the grounds.

34 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

It’s nothing to do with capacity of stadium, it’s now many the authorities believe is safe to be travelling to and then queuing/congregating etc to get into the grounds.

Kenilworth Road and it's infastructure around the ground is on a par with The Emirates, is that what you are saying ?

I guess its also to do with staggered arrivals. 

Everyone leaving at once would be a problem. 

The 'rules' state there's both a percentage and a maximum.  For a tier-1 area it's 50% of the stadium capacity or 4,000 whichever is lower.  In a tier-2 area it's 50% of the stadium capacity or 2,000 fans, whichever is lower.  They don't want more than 4000/2000 people to end up at the same event, which sort of makes sense I think.

Edited by StewB
doh, tier 1/2

31 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Kenilworth Road and it's infastructure around the ground is on a par with The Emirates, is that what you are saying ?

Nope.

4 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I guess its also to do with staggered arrivals. 

Everyone leaving at once would be a problem. 

So will we have to arrive an hour and a half before kickoff? Staggered arrivals and departure would seem the way forward, but with no bogs it could be a long and uncomfortable afternoon.

8 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Or are they saying that any games you go to this season are deducted from the credit currently being held towards next season?

That would be cleaner and also allows the club to charge a bit more for those tickets. Those who haven't paid anything for the Preston game look like getting a freebie.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

That would be cleaner and also allows the club to charge a bit more for those tickets. Those who haven't paid anything for the Preston game look like getting a freebie.

I guess it depends on your concept of a pilot Capt. For some it could mean all freebies through the season 🙃

I am beginning to wonder how many of the 2,000 tickets for these games will be for the rank and file fans who fill the stands as ' Er Indoors is working in TOTT for the first time since March and messages from some of her friends who are also working next Saturday show that other hospitality areas are open.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am beginning to wonder how many of the 2,000 tickets for these games will be for the rank and file fans who fill the stands as ' Er Indoors is working in TOTT for the first time since March and messages from some of her friends who are also working next Saturday show that other hospitality areas are open.

I assumed 2000 on the terraces. Would suck if hospitality reduces that amount