Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Captain - Leader - Legend - End Of! (Thank You Alex)

Alex Tettey - back in for his first start of the season last night and his usual highly effective performance - it's just so expected now that nobody even really mentions it. 

• Like 2

He played really well and is a top performer. I often feel he needs a game or two to get back to his best but that was not the case last night.

One of my all time favourite players for us.

He is not frightened in putting himself about and we are definitely strong when he is in the side. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Didnt he provide the assist for the third goal? I seem to recall he did 

He held off the challenge of two Stoke players and passed to Josh who passed to Teemu-so he had the assist for the assist 😄

• Thanks 1

And there I was thinking Vrancic should have started instead of him. 

And I was wrong. Far from the first time of course, but knowing how the match went Vrancic would have been much too lightweight for it.

Given how Tetty is getting on a little he sure does still love getting stuck in, proper vintage wine player

The only thing I noted as a negative was that he, either through his style or lack of mobility, didnt offer skipp the easy pass as often as Rupp does and Skipp ended up losing the ball quite a few times.

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The only thing I noted as a negative was that he, either through his style or lack of mobility, didnt offer skipp the easy pass as often as Rupp does and Skipp ended up losing the ball quite a few times.

True. I think Alex's mentality is to position himself where he can disrupt the opposition rather than be the recipient of a pass - if he does get passed to his first reaction is to move it on to someone in a safe position (though I have, very occasionally, seen him put in a good through ball).

This seems like a good time to bump this post. Thanks for the all the fantastic memories Alex. Your smile alone is enough to make you a city legend, but on top of that you've given us 9 fantastic years of service in a an era when such a length of time at one club is very rare. Always, gave 100% for the shirt, never complained about anything and always a fantastic leader, role model and ambassador for the club. Wishing you the very best in the next chapter of your career. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Like 3

Tettey. I mean.. what needs to be said?! What a guy! 

“Hi it’s me.. Tettey!”

Of course it is!

I hope when all this ****e is over both him and Vrancic can return and say a proper farewell. 

• Like 2

9 years
262 appearances
Over 100 Premier League appearances
8 goals
3 promotions
2 titles
1 Wembley Play Off Win

The man is an absolute Norwich City legend and deserves recognition as such. I'm also struggling to think of a better defensive midfielder to play for Norwich. Anyone else got any suggestions? 

Really hope we haven't yet seen the last of my favourite Ghanian from Norway at Carrow Road. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

If anyone has earned the right to go on his own terms, it's Tettey. A consummate pro, a strong captain, a willing mentor and all-round great influence within the squad.

The squad will be poorer for his absence, even though in playing terms it is the right move not to offer another year. Let's just hope he lands on his feet back in Norway. Maybe we could offer some kind of honorary ambassador role for him?

We will always have a role for Alex at this football club and, should he wish, we will help and support him with the next stage of his career when he feels the time is right. 

Well said Mr Webber.

Thanks Tettey.  Mr positive the last years. 

Hope to see you playing for Rosenborg now!!