Sign in to follow this  
FU MAN SHOE

Greedy!!! what comes round goes round

Dont be surprised if we cant land Jerome or anyone else before the transfer window closes. I have read of the ''greed'' of Sam Hammam holding out for an inflated fee on his boy, but wouldn''t we, ...haven''t we done just the same. Blame it on the Arsenal/Walcott deal if you will...but just where will the silliness stop and more importantly, is it right that we pour scorn on our board for drawing a line.

I for one will be pouring no scorn on the board if they fail to sign any players. the money is still at the club and we can wait until the summer to aquire our new signings rather than paying over the odds now. Noone needs to sell in january, certainly not 2 days before the deadline when manager has no time to spend the cash. the only players i see leaving are the Koumas Earnshaw types whom want first team footy.  Koumas seems to have his heart set on Cardiff (and worthy could NEVER manage him).  Erny is a different proposition, i feel 2 million + add ons and WBA may crack before the deadline as robson doersnt want him.

still doesnt solve the right hand side prohblem - Hughes anyone??

Good call, Paul. I think that, although Cardiff are desperate for cash, they''re still in with a shout for the play-offs, so they''re not too fussed at missing out on a couple of million - the rewards are much greater if Jerome''s goals put them into the Prem.   

I don''t think it''s greed. If we sold Ashton for a less greeedy sum like 6 million, other clubs would still be giving us silly prices. It''s a no-win situation, so you may as well join in and get a good deal for yourself.

But do we want to simply sign another player who doesn''t really want to come but will if he feels he will get first team football, then if he does well he will leave at the earliest opportunity for a ''bigger'' club? I think Cardiff want more for Jerome so THEY can bring Earnshaw back to Wales. And good luck to them!

I personally think Earnshaw would have his sights set a little higher than Norwich City....

Also, the fact we havent got anyone in suggests to me that a panic buy is on the cards... some clogger will arrive and struggle.. scoring once or twice in 40 odd games and Worthy will say "what a great signing he is, we were lucky to get him"

jas :)