Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Lee Camp, free agent.

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

Never considered a goalie watch before....will add a new dimension. Number of goals conceded? Confidence in dealing with crosses? Quality of distribution? Kicking ability? Shot stopping? Lots to go at......Then for extras, perhaps marks for style? 

Might make a boring 0-0 kind of game more interesting (if Stiepi IS up top, will he ever be able to get the ball under control in the first place, and if so,  will he be able to get his scuffed shot away? 😉)

Edit: For lovers of Marco, this is half tongue-in-cheek...hope he gets a hat trick)

To be fair, Stiepi's control is that hit and miss it might befuddle Camp and trundle in anyway.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Would you take a point now if offered? 

No, that would be defeatist.

Thomas Dickson-Peters might burst on the scene like a young Craig Bellamy, or Coventry might go down to 10 men.

We're going to win 7-6

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

Never considered a goalie watch before....will add a new dimension. Number of goals conceded? Confidence in dealing with crosses? Quality of distribution? Kicking ability? Shot stopping? Lots to go at......Then for extras, perhaps marks for style? 

Might make a boring 0-0 kind of game more interesting (if Stiepi IS up top, will he ever be able to get the ball under control in the first place, and if so,  will he be able to get his scuffed shot away? 😉)

Edit: For lovers of Marco, this is half tongue-in-cheek...hope he gets a hat trick)

I am a big Stiepermann fan but it is hard to argue with that, he doesn't half look incapable at playing football at times for all the good he does! I am a bit mythed how a player can thread perfect balls through to Pukki time after time, but can't seem to run forwards with the ball without booting it 4 yards out of his reach!

Personally I think I'd rather we saw Stiepy in his normal position tomorrow - get one of the youngsters in up top instead. I find in the second half of matches that Marco has a tendency to lose nearly all of his mobility - and let's face it, he isn't exactly athletically blessed in the first place.

I imagine he would be a defenders dream if he was leading the line for the whole game... or at least until they try to tackle him and realise his freakish dribbling style has inexplicably got himself through on goal. 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's better than McGovern, quite simply.

McGovern is practically National League standard, terrible.

I mean, the Northern Irish setup don't think so. And that decision isn't made by just one bloke on his own, but his entire coaching team.

There's not much in it between them but bigging up signing camp and then referring to McGovern as national league standard is just rubbish hyperbole 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean, the Northern Irish setup don't think so. And that decision isn't made by just one bloke on his own, but his entire coaching team.

There's not much in it between them but bigging up signing camp and then referring to McGovern as national league standard is just rubbish hyperbole 

I did try pointing that out to TvB, but apparently Worthy who had an outstanding stint as NI manager (😳) picked Camp back in 1827, and as NW’s won a Championship and O’Neill at Stoke hasn’t then this means O’Neill’s opinion isn’t as up to scratch as Worthy’s. And this of course means Camp is better than National League McGovern. How could O’Neill get it so wrong all those years?

Funny thing is, Daniel Farke’s also won the Championship too but hasn’t raced to sign up Lee Camp on a whopping 2 month contract! Just bloody crazy, huh!

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I did try pointing that out to TvB, but apparently Worthy who had an outstanding stint as NI manager (😳) picked Camp back in 1827, and as NW’s won a Championship and O’Neill at Stoke hasn’t then this means O’Neill’s opinion isn’t as up to scratch as Worthy’s. And this of course means Camp is better than National League McGovern. How could O’Neill get it so wrong all those years?

Funny thing is, Daniel Farke’s also won the Championship too but hasn’t raced to sign up Lee Camp on a whopping 2 month contract! Just bloody crazy, huh!

I think TvB prints his own Top Trumps Cards....he likes to win you know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think TvB prints his own Top Trumps Cards....he likes to win you know.

I think he took the pi55 a bit by calling Micky McGovern ‘National League standard’, Corkio, bit disrespectful to be honest. At first I thought he’d misspelt Nations League which is actually what MM has played in recently, which was by accident I presume. I’m sure he’ll be waiting today for MM to make any sort of mistake to try and justify how useless he is, whilst the amazing Lee Camp gets MOTM for Coventry.

10 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

To be fair, Stiepi's control is that hit and miss it might befuddle Camp and trundle in anyway.

Not fair:

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

I think he took the pi55 a bit by calling Micky McGovern ‘National League standard’, Corkio, bit disrespectful to be honest. At first I thought he’d misspelt Nations League which is actually what MM has played in recently, which was by accident I presume. I’m sure he’ll be waiting today for MM to make any sort of mistake to try and justify how useless he is, whilst the amazing Lee Camp gets MOTM for Coventry.

What standard do you think the Scottish Championship is equivalent to then? That's where McGovern has played the bulk of his football. 

I mean, we see players constantly moving from League Two to the Scottish Premier, and then back to League Two. 

Simeon Jackson and Michael Nelson did just this. So I'd assume that most players in the Scottish Championship are League Two or National League standard. 

Feel free to explain the 0 caps that McGovern won in 2019 by the way, or the fact that he has 4 caps in three full years. Appears to be firmly behind Bailey Peacock-Farrell, who hasn't played a league game in 2 years. 

Some of you have your heads firmly buried in the sand, McGovern is nowhere near Championship standard. 

51 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What standard do you think the Scottish Championship is equivalent to then? That's where McGovern has played the bulk of his football. 

I mean, we see players constantly moving from League Two to the Scottish Premier, and then back to League Two. 

Simeon Jackson and Michael Nelson did just this. So I'd assume that most players in the Scottish Championship are League Two or National League standard. 

Feel free to explain the 0 caps that McGovern won in 2019 by the way, or the fact that he has 4 caps in three full years. Appears to be firmly behind Bailey Peacock-Farrell, who hasn't played a league game in 2 years. 

Some of you have your heads firmly buried in the sand, McGovern is nowhere near Championship standard. 

Back up he maybe, that’s not disputed, but at least he’s still the back up, Teemu - which Camp isn’t, and hasn’t been in 8 years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Not fair:

To be fair, I was more critical of Camp than Stiepermann with that comment, and have consistently said on this forum that his link-up play and indeed partnership with Pukki will be key to this season.

But you do have to admit, his first touch can take him into trouble on occasion!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That will be the same Bailey Peacock-Farrell who is only 24 and Northern Ireland need to put some fresh blood in their team. Not to mention he's got a bit of a problem getting past an excellent goalie in Nick Pope!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can we play Stiepe and Tetty up front in a 442? 😉

SHOOOOTTTTTT!!!!

I think we’ll be seeing this a few times at the end of this season. I wasn’t one of his biggest fans a few years, but there’s no denying he has become a club legend. Let’s hope we can fill Carrow Road for his testimonial. 🥲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So anyone placed any bets on him starting for Cov today then?

The mighty Camp has made it as far as the Coventry bench today, Cambridgeshire 

They are missing their top scorer and best keeper as well. And they've also got a left-back problem like we sorta do considering we took him from them!!

Why isn’t Lee Camp up front for us today?

it goes without saying, but Webber out. Does he even watch Eurosport at 3am? There are players everywhere out there. AMATEUR!

6 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

. Let’s hope we can fill Carrow Road for his testimonial. 🥲

He won't get one. He's leaving at the end of the season, this is his 9th season.

On 25/11/2020 at 00:23, Thirsty Lizard said:

Meanwhile - back on Planet Earth.

Well Google Maps reckons I'm on planet earth tonight, and McGovern still looks awful.

On 25/11/2020 at 08:04, hogesar said:

I dont think hes now going to be that much better than McGovern.

533 Championship games, he definitely is. 

On 25/11/2020 at 12:55, CanaryChris said:

Really don't think McGovern is the biggest pressing concern. 

Oh he definitely is.

On 25/11/2020 at 14:06, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'm quite happy with having McGovern as our number 2 keeper in the Championship. 

I'm not, I'd rather have Coventry's number 2 who played last week, or indeed their new number 3 Lee Camp.

On 25/11/2020 at 18:46, Terminally Yellow said:

You don't sign a new player for a six week injury.

Yes you do, when McGovern is your only keeper.

On 27/11/2020 at 16:14, Thirsty Lizard said:

Oh look, Krul out for 3 weeks. Should we have signed Camp on a three week contract? 🙂 

Yes, yes we should. In fact, should have signed him until the end of the season and McGovern becomes number 3.

On 27/11/2020 at 17:00, Alex Moss said:

The National League McGovern on the other hand...

I mean, is he even that standard?

On 28/11/2020 at 01:24, hogesar said:

referring to McGovern as national league standard is just rubbish hyperbole 

No, its very accurate, if not generous.

On 28/11/2020 at 08:51, Alex Moss said:

I think he took the pi55 a bit by calling Micky McGovern ‘National League standard’, 

Honest opinion and I stick by it.

McGovern is nowhere near good enough to justify a contract at this level, unless its a third choice keeper who has a dual role as a youth coach or something.

He's not good enough. If he was ever any good then well.... he's shot. He has spent almost his entire career in the Scottish second tier for a reason.

• Like 1

I’m not a player basher poster but it’s plain to see Mcgovern is the biggest concern. This isn’t a slight on him as by all accounts he’s great to have around the squad, but he’s nowhere near the level required. 

The poor bloke just plainly doesn’t have the attributes and skill ability needed at this level. We badly need a semi-decent back up to Krul. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well Google Maps reckons I'm on planet earth tonight, and McGovern still looks awful.

533 Championship games, he definitely is. 

Oh he definitely is.

I'm not, I'd rather have Coventry's number 2 who played last week, or indeed their new number 3 Lee Camp.

Yes you do, when McGovern is your only keeper.

Yes, yes we should. In fact, should have signed him until the end of the season and McGovern becomes number 3.

I mean, is he even that standard?

No, its very accurate, if not generous.

Honest opinion and I stick by it.

McGovern is nowhere near good enough to justify a contract at this level, unless its a third choice keeper who has a dual role as a youth coach or something.

He's not good enough. If he was ever any good then well.... he's shot. He has spent almost his entire career in the Scottish second tier for a reason.

Never disputed Micky McGovern wasn’t Tim Krul’s level, what I was disagreeing with was the fact you were so desperate to sign Lee bloody Camp. Who is also not Tim Krul’s level 👍

20 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Never disputed Micky McGovern wasn’t Tim Krul’s level, what I was disagreeing with was the fact you were so desperate to sign Lee bloody Camp. Who is also not Tim Krul’s level 👍

I accept that there may have been better options than Camp.

But, it wouldn't have been difficult to find somebody better than McGovern. 

That Finnish keeper who just signed for Stoke on a freebie for a start, Pukki could have put in a word! 

33 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I accept that there may have been better options than Camp.

But, it wouldn't have been difficult to find somebody better than McGovern. 

That Finnish keeper who just signed for Stoke on a freebie for a start, Pukki could have put in a word! 

I know MM isn’t the best keeper with the ball at his feet, and I’m sure he’d be the first to say that too. But my real point was, for me, Lee Camp would only be a sideways step, so in essence, a completely pointless signing. It was always going to be tough from the moment Krul got injured, but fingers crossed, he’s going to be back real soon. We just need to weather the storm for the next couple of weeks. I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing Barden start against Wednesday myself but we’ll see what happens.

I don’t know anything about the Finnish keeper so can’t comment there.