Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

When are the injured players due to be back?

Here's a quick run-down of the length of injuries that we currently have. Ironically, our centre backs are all fit!

Krul - ?

Byram - January

Quintilla - One week?

Mumba - February

McLean - January at the earliest

Rupp - Soon

Cantwell - 3 weeks

Dowell - January

Hernandez - January

Buendia - one game

Hugill - Possibly long term

Idah - February

It looks pretty grim, considering that there are only three short term injuries there. We have 9 games - mostly Saturday/Wednesday - until we can recall the loan players in January, or begin thinking about transferring anyone in. 

On the bright side, we've just played the tougher teams in the division and we should be able to enjoy a higher percentage of possession vs Cov, Luton etc.

Fingers crossed that we can get through the next few games unscathed!

Edited by Yellow and Green

3-5-2 would certainly work better, but sticking with our now usual formation with a couple of square (but not entirely beyond imagination) pegs:

Krul

Mumba    Byram    McLean    Quintilla

Rupp    Dowell

Emi                   Cantwell              Hernandez

Idah / Hugill

Not sure whether that's depressing or impressive.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

Farke confirmed Pukki's injured too!  Hamstring tightness. Needs to be rested for a while!  Farke will come out of retirement to lead the line.

25 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Here's a quick run-down of the length of injuries that we currently have. Ironically, our centre backs are all fit!

Krul - ?

Byram - January

Quintilla - One week?

Mumba - February

McLean - January at the earliest

Rupp - Soon

Cantwell - 3 weeks

Dowell - January

Hernandez - January

Buendia - one game

Hugill - Possibly long term

Idah - February

Quintilla is far worse than one week. He's got this hip injury and according to Farke the other day they just can't find out what the problem is - he was even talking about the possibility of sending him back to Villareal. 

The squad will have an **** in January when they all come back. There'll be tumbleweed in the physio room as we wave goodbye to winter.

We might have to look at starting a few youngsters v Coventry

If they are up to Josh Martin's standard then they'll do ok

Whatever is causing these non contact injuries needs to be addressed immediately

Great opportunities for our next batch of U23’s a day youngsters to make an impression! I was watching their highlights the over night - some great play, and a familiarity to the senior team system.

15 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Bottle of whiskey for the first person to guess what word was blocked above. My money's on Drazen Muzinic! 🥃🥃

Is the number of stars the same as the number of letters in the word blocked? (i.e. was it a four letter word that was blocked?)

16 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Bottle of whiskey for the first person to guess what word was blocked above. My money's on Drazen Muzinic! 🥃🥃

Testing to see if the word is censored: orgy

Nope, that's fine, so it isn't that.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Testing to see if the word is censored: orgy

Nope, that's fine, so it isn't that.

To clarify:

Thirsty - more than four letters in the mystery word

Wacky - pretty damn close my friend!

12 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

To clarify:

gang bang? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

To clarify:

****? 

Hang on, that won't work then. Organism

We've got 9 games to get through until the next transfer window. Once we get to the window we will have the option of bringing in McCallum, Famewo and to sign a couple of players to better cover the threadbare areas of the squad. 

Until then we just have to battle through. The positive for me is that our genuinely key players, whom I see as Krul, Aarons, Gibson, Emi and Pukki, have generally stayed fit albeit we will be missing Krul for a good half a dozen of these 9 games. 

We couldn't really ask for better fixtures in the next four, with 3 of the bottom 5 at home. It's just going to be about getting through these 9 games. If we can win 4 or 5 of them we will still be in and around the top two by January, when we will have several options to reinforce. 

Beating Swansea, Boro and Stoke, three of our toughest games, has put points in the bank and given us a little bit of breathing space.

Do foreign loans work the same as domestic ones in that we can only recall Sinani in Jan? I wonder if we could pay them to cancel it?

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Do foreign loans work the same as domestic ones in that we can only recall Sinani in Jan? I wonder if we could pay them to cancel it?

I suspect it will be a "legal" rather than monetary issue. The rules just dont allow it.

16 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I suspect it will be a "legal" rather than monetary issue. The rules just dont allow it.

Have seen loans cancelled before though? Or do you mean we can’t register him til jan?

5 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I think it's a FIFA/UEFA that all international loans are window to window. 

It's quite right too, as it isn't fair to recall a loan player without giving the loaning club the opportunity to replace him. I'm sure we'd be furious if Spurs recalled Skipp outside of the window and we couldn't replace him.

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think it's a FIFA/UEFA that all international loans are window to window. 

It's quite right too, as it isn't fair to recall a loan player without giving the loaning club the opportunity to replace him. I'm sure we'd be furious if Spurs recalled Skipp outside of the window and we couldn't replace him.

I'm quite sure we can;t insist on recalling him, my question was more whether we could pay them off to release him/cancel the loan.

Why then were we able to cut Amadou loan short, he left and went to play elsewhere, if not would have stayed to trouser norwich wages.  Seems you can cut short if clubs agree possibly might need incentive.  Fahrmann also went a similar way.  Hope to see some of our loans come bak in Jan

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

oh-super-timmy-timmy.png

How long we thinking 'not for too long' is then?

One game is too long, so I presume that means he'll be back on Saturday...

...in seriousness, though, hopefully only a week or two!

21 hours ago, Banjoman said:

****? 

Hang on, that won't work then. Organism

Looks like Banjoman may just have pipped you Thirsty! I wonder why órgasm doesn't pass the blocker? It's hardly the most offensive word. All mammal life begins with one. 

Banjoman sir: what is your tipple? Jameson? Powers? Green Spot? Wild Turkey? If you say Teacher's the deal's off!

21 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

o-r-g-a-s-m