Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Injuries

4 straight seasons of a ridiculously high, continuous and disproportionate number of injuries in the squad. When does it stop being an unfortunate coincidence or a 'curse'?......

All the best. Keith S.

1 minute ago, Keith Scott said:

4 straight seasons of a ridiculously high, continuous and disproportionate number of injuries in the squad. When does it stop being an unfortunate coincidence or a 'curse'?......

All the best. Keith S.

Talking of curses.

two teams scored three goals this evening

one was us......

............ the other was Hull 😂

Krul out for 'many matches' according to Farke who also hinted Pukki was not withdrawn for tactical reasons but was carrying a knock. When the TV showed him coming off I thought there was some limping going on. In less than a week we have now lost FIVE first team players to long term injuries. Sorry but this is unsustainable and significantly worse than last season.

It could soon become like the Italian team vs Norway in the 1990 world cup. I mean 1994 world cup.

Edited by KiwiScot

9 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

All the best. Keith S.

Win away from home to go top of the table and yet we get negative threads

It never changes here does it

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Win away from home to go top of the table and yet we get negative threads

It never changes here does it

The OP is a serial tw*t - everybody knows it. 

• Like 2

To me it's quite clear that our training regime has an impact on injuries, we know from numerous ex players how hard our training is compared to what players have been put through with other managers. There are obvious benefits of our training regime and the number of late goals supports this, however, the downside is we are more prone to injuries. 

I remember reading something from Klopp last year where he was speaking about training intensity and that in his first two seasons at Liverpool they suffered a large number of injuries due to his German style training regime not mixing well with the physical nature of the Premier league and the number of games played during our seasons in England. He mentioned how one of the biggest changes he had to implement to prevent injuries was reducing the training load and this has resulted in far fewer injuries, as shown by Liverpool last two seasons. 

I'm not suggesting Farke's approach is wrong as we have had great success under him, but you do wonder whether we need to tweak our training regime to prevent these early season injuries we keep seeing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

resulted in far fewer injuries, as shown by Liverpool last two seasons

🤣😂

Liverpool have got a few injuries at the moment

Edited by Fiery Zac

24 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

🤣😂

Liverpool have got a few injuries at the moment

Haha, indeed they do and I do suspect covid and the lack of pre season has hurt us as well in terms of injuries, but purely based on what Klopp has said in the past I'm sure there is something in the theory that our training regime is impacting injuries as well. 

Just thought I'd bump this as looking at today's bench I think this pertinent thread needs revisiting. What say you?

All the best. Keith.

On 24/11/2020 at 21:36, Keith Scott said:

All the best. Keith S.

It is becoming far too regular and if this situation harnesses our promotion push, then questions should be asked!

Cheers Unc. Now Aarons crocked. Another timely bump of this increasingly important and relevant thread necessary, i feel.

(BTW Awful game management by Farke today i'm afraid to say)

Shame. Still, all the best, Big Keith Scott.

Just now, Keith Scott said:

Cheers Unc. Now Aarons crocked. Another timely bump of this increasingly important and relevant thread necessary, i feel.

(BTW Awful game management by Farke today i'm afraid to say)

Shame. Still, all the best, Big Keith Scott.

How does Farke keep getting away with it??????