Uncle Fred

Mean while at Portman road

McCarthy performed miracles there but the fans forced him out largely because all the irrelevant nonsense about their glorious history gave them delusions of grandeur. 

And, as Mick himself said to them, "that went well, didn't it?"

Edited by kirku
  • Like 3

Do they think they look like some kind of paramilitary force? Absolutely cringe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

B2209463-5526-4A7A-9523-2C0E92DDBDAA.jpeg

WTF? We are so bold that we aren’t going to show our faces? 

At least those pitiful “mind the gap” chaps (who are prob in their late 30’s by now) were brave enough to reveal their identity.

And to think someone bothered to make that . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

21 minutes ago, Fifty said:

This is too good - beyond parody. Thanks feedthewolf- never seen this before - it’s patridge-esque.

Keep up the good work on the contract posts btw 😉

Speaking of parody, it was so cringeworthy that someone actually did parody it. This is possibly even better than the original!

https://norwichcityfc.wordpress.com/2008/05/22/evening-star-send-up-well-worth-a-read/

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

An absolute classic that I never tire of reading.😁🤣

I'd love to know who actually wrote that so I could buy them a pint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That banner thing is the work of a notorious 'crew' - Year 6

A bunch of over excited young farm hands who had previously been known for an absurd banner at Brighton, and more recently kicking up a hullabaloo at poorman road (by banging on the bottom of a swill bucket) with the hope of improving things on the pitch.

As that failed, as expected, they have now ratcheted things up to give the appearance of some paramilitary force, intent on being naughty

ISIS* - Ipswich Supporters Still at School

Producing a photo taken in the dead of early evening, with the desperados each wearing a covid mask to show they are not out and out outcasts from society

* not to be confused with the mildly violent 'bin kickers' of years previous

On 25/11/2020 at 16:08, Bill said:

That is rather an urbin myth. Evans has steadily been bleeding the binners dry.

A fair number of players have left for heavy fees, without a penny of it being seen back in the playing budget.

Adding interest to debt is not investing - nor is buying a debt if £30m for £6 or £8 million investing either. Just as making off with the training ground as compensation for interest is not investment either. A look at the sorry state of the ground and the squad will tell you where the money has been going

A few years back the then CEO Milne talked of having half of the squad coming through the academy. What happened there ? Nothing, bar the ridiculous idea that CAT 1 could be funded by raffles and jumble sakes ran by the farmhands themselves.

The paupers are where they are through years of under investment and almost complete mismanagement.

Lambert will do well to stop them sinking further.

I don't think what you've said there is quite right Bill although I do stand to be corrected. My understanding is that Evans does subsidise the club's wage bill each year, to the tune of approximately £5m per season. 

I do agree with you regarding complete mismanagement though! 

The last accounts provide some clarification - turnover of £17.95m against a wage bill of £19.25m. And a post-tax loss of £3.6m.

Remarkable the disparity between the clubs now when NCFC reported turnover of £119m in the last accounts with a wage bill of approximately £90m. 

image.png.2a4cbd9855a44fdb2c45af2555b8aff2.png

image.png.d95a0d03dc27c9ffd8dc68ca76aaeb0f.png

Difficult to imagine playing them in the league again, within the next five to ten years. 
I believe their owner will need to recoup in the region of £100 million of his own money, before they can begin to invest in consolidation at even Championship level. 
FFP rules must make any sort of recovery almost impossible unless they can recruit the mother of all talent spotters as a manager. Even then, you have to try to convince youngsters to move to Suffolk to make it work. 
History is a wonderful thing, but only if you’ve lived and breathed the success yourself. 
A decade and a half of yellow and green dominance looks like it could become the norm in East Anglia and with a dwindling and fickle fanbase I can’t see a way back for them. 

• Like 2

On 24/11/2020 at 21:02, Uncle Fred said:

The natives are getting really really restless after a 3 0 home defeat

yet agent lambert continues to hang on in there , what a hero he is 

Lambert’s definitely taking one for the team. His stamina must be immense! 😂

19 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Shocking.

Absolutely shocking.

I'm shocked. To my very core.

You do realise i hope that i have exclusive rights on making snidey comments about City1st ?

• Haha 1

On 26/11/2020 at 13:40, Feedthewolf said:

Speaking of parody, it was so cringeworthy that someone actually did parody it. This is possibly even better than the original!

https://norwichcityfc.wordpress.com/2008/05/22/evening-star-send-up-well-worth-a-read/

That is absolute genius, Wolfie, though the original publication has to be read first to really get it! Brilliant 😂😂😂. I too want to buy the parody author a nice pint of frothy, Greene King, during the spring time blossom 😉😂

47 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

A nil nil draw with Oxford 

Its going to be carnage on twtd tonight 😊

It is indeed , seems Lambert has turned on the fans in his post match interview

If all the teams around them win their games in hand, then the Binners will be at least 4 points from the top 6 already.

Altogether now...............

On 26/11/2020 at 13:40, Feedthewolf said:

I remember the original well but I don’t think I’ve read that before, it is quality.🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Nuff Said

29 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I had a look, and their site does the same thing as the Pink Un, trying to get you to read other stories when you leave. Top article was headlined “Pearson (yes, Nigel) disappointed not to get Town manager’s job”. Hmm. So I clicked the link...

... in 2006! 😂 I doubt he’d be too bothered now. 

15 hours ago, Bucks said:

FFP rules must make any sort of recovery almost impossible unless they can recruit the mother of all talent spotters as a manager. Even then, you have to try to convince youngsters to move to Suffolk to make it work.

They'd have the same problems that Sunderland are having (and Sunderland have a Cat 1 academy as opposed to Ipswich's Cat 2) in the wages that Premiership and Championship clubs can offer to 18 year academy talent is higher than the average League One salary.

Internally Ipswich rated Ben Knight as one of the best youngsters they'd ever seen, and he went to Man City for £700k. They can't keep the talent, and I'd bet the likes of Woolfenden, Dozzell and Downes are frustrated that the small interest in them from the higher leagues was rebuffed by the club.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/meet-ben-knight-the-latest-man-city-starlet-tipped-for-the/r67272shvzfi111g4bqrd5m4e