Uncle Fred

Mean while at Portman road

The natives are getting really really restless after a 3 0 home defeat

yet agent lambert continues to hang on in there , what a hero he isĀ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Ā 

Remarkable, gone from being a bang average lower midtable Championship side to a team looking like an awful lower table Conference team

Ā 

Long may Lambert reign

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

TBH after a couple of glances on there you just have to stop reading anymore .............it's too painful,almost like intruding on someone's personalĀ griefĀ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

ipswich.png

Ā 

BREAKING NEWS

Ā 

Ipswich fans are seeing sense. They are talking sense. I know, they are seeing things how they are rather than going on about how they are a world class, household name team that won six hundred tropies fifty years ago.

Ā 

Meanwhile pigs are flying and hell just froze over šŸ˜‚

I would imagine their support are utterly destroyed with their performances and results. It never seems to stop for them, permanent declineĀ .

If we as an area are to beĀ given tier 1 level to allow 4k supporters into a home game, they would probably struggle to get those numbers in particularly quickly. And L1 looks a very ordinary/cr4p league this year again!

Ā 

Ā 

25 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Ā 

Thanks for this Kathy - that was hilarious - cheered me up no end as it followed Farke's post match injury update.Ā Ā 

27 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

TBH after a couple of glances on there you just have to stop reading anymore .............it's too painful,almost like intruding on someone's personalĀ griefĀ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Like going to the funeral of someone you didn't like very muchĀ 

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

ipswich.png

Ā 

BREAKING NEWS

Ā 

Ipswich fans are seeing sense. They are talking sense. I know, they are seeing things how they are rather than going on about how they are a world class, household name team that won six hundred tropies fifty years ago.

Ā 

Meanwhile pigs are flying and hell just froze over šŸ˜‚

Come on, own up. Who was itšŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Under a post entitled "who do you want as next manager?" someone has suggested Eddie Howe or Nigel Pearson. Honestly.Ā 

Ah yes Howe, with his record of spending tens of millions on single players will no doubt be tempted to Ipswich with their budget of two pence and a packet of crisps.

I hear it was so bad that a number of the cardboard cut-outs in the seats

got up and walked out after the 3rd goal went in šŸ˜Š

Edited by Bill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

No surprise really, same as last season. As soon as they play any half decent side they tend to lose, had an easy start last season and an easier one this season. Mid table finish for me, heart breaking !!Ā šŸ˜‚

One area I think we owe a lot if success to, and they do to failure is in scouting and coaching

Godfrey and Lewis from York/Luton. Martin and Aarons out of contract

Plus what looks to be quite a number of U23's about to break through - and others 'learning the trade' out in loan.

I have discounted those we bought 'on the cheap' or freebies like Krul and Pukki who would have been out of the binners transfer fee and wages budget

The reality is that this grubby little club has not only been starved of funds but has been mismanaged by having two non football CEO's for over a decade. Lambert might be able to slow down that decay or even turn it around marginally but I cannot see us competing on equal terms for a long, long while......... if ever

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Lambert might be able to slow down that decay or even turn it around marginally but I cannot see us competing on equal terms for a long, long while......... if ever

It has crossed my mind that I may never see us play them againĀ 

I think that the main delight would be to see them fester in the third tier forever more.

In this respect it is vitalĀ  that Lambert is allowed to see through his lengthy contract. He has become clueless and seems cocooned in his own little bubble andĀ living of his past to the extent that he even regularly recalls his successes on the fieldĀ in an attempt to convince them that he knows what the game is all about.Ā 

In actual fact it is difficult to imagine that he could do a betterĀ job of perpetuating that clubs incessant decline.Ā 

Too many disasters like last night and he might well be removed.

Drifting around upper mid-table, with a hint of achieving the play-offs, would be the ideal scenario for them, Lambert and us, imo.

I guess there may not be too many sadder rivalries in football than this (for clarity's sake, IĀ am saying that from a blue and white point of view)Ā certainly over recent decades (perhaps Nottm Forest and Notts County?). They have had little success against us (since .....?) and even when they had a glimmer in the Play-off semi final, it was always going to beĀ  false dawn.

They had the wily old manager in McCarthy who really did do a decent job with what he had at his disposal. Now they have their rivals ex (very successfulĀ for us) manager who has masterminded (there really is no other word for it, is there?) theirĀ demise down a division, and for a 2nd year in a row, looks like they won't be able to get out of a division they thought , only 15 short months ago, they would walk. Even if the footballing gods smiled on them and other teams in their league imploded, and they actually got promoted, they have nothing in their infrastructure that would offer a glimmer of being able to sustain an avoidance of relegation back down again. It really is a downward spiral they are in atm.

• Like 2