Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

6 Points Away to Boro and Stoke is a Fantastic Return!!

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Two superb away wins and top of the League! Brilliant!!!

Correct - hell of a win tonight in the light of these horrendous injuries. Somehow we have to hold on until January and hope that some of these wounded start to get back (Dowell being most likely). 

With the injuries and then the sending off today our points haul so far this season has been nothing but exceptional.

• Like 1

Great results but losing Emi and Krul tonight is a real blow.... Emi particularly annoying as he doesn't seem to learn. A great great player but really dumb at times... Krul has been really good for us so I really hope that is not a long term injury. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Great results but losing Emi and Krul tonight is a real blow.... Emi particularly annoying as he doesn't seem to learn. A great great player but really dumb at times... Krul has been really good for us so I really hope that is not a long term injury. 

Thankfully it's only a one game ban for Emi - so he'll miss the Coventry game. The good news is that Coventry will be without their best player for this game also. 😉 

A cold Saturday afternoon in November up in the North East followed by a cold Tuesday evening in November in Stoke is nothing to worry about obviously.

• Like 1

I mean if we can get a win away with our current injuries, while down to 10 men and 2 of our best players taken off the pitch and McGovern in goal.. Yeah, Winning the Champions Leauge in two season from now 😂

• Haha 1

6 points fantastic,said to a chap at work 2 draws or 1 win from these would be decent,well done lads,pity we can't be there Saturday to roar you on

The majority view on here was that a point would have been very satisfactory from this evening. That we have 3 points is wonderful. If it had ended 3-3 I am quite sure we would have been up in arms. A couple of negatives tonight but 3 precious points.

A chance again for some of the U23s to get a bit of game time ahead. Looks like their footballing education is to be taken to the next level.

Edited by sonyc

Great to get 2 more away wins against stronger sides in the division as hopefully by the time the home fixtures come we will have a few fans attending. Stoke do have some injury worries themselves though, including Angus Gunn.

Don’t sure how much longer this unbeaten streak will last for though, as we have some serious injury problems ourselves now and if Krul’s out for too long I think we might drop down the table a bit.

Although the next few fixtures look relatively easy never take any game for granted

Edited by HazzaJet