Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Kurl injured, limping and off- discussion

I'm not saying I'm worried or it's panic stations, but I did notice before the match Mcgovern seemed to be doing a whole lot of warming up. Did they play Krul knowing he was injured? Seems pretty risky given our record and.. Either way, can we all pray for Krul to recover?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm not saying I'm worried or it's panic stations, but I did notice before the match Mcgovern seemed to be doing a whole lot of warming up. Did they play Krul knowing he was injured? Seems pretty risky given our record and.. Either way, can we all pray for Krul to recover?

If there was one injury that would concern me, it’d be Krul. Fingers crossed 🙏

I can't believe I typed in the match thread that we need to avoid injuries, and about three minutes later, that bloody happened.

It's the equivalent of Lady Luck smiling at you, sucking off another guy, then spitting in your face.

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

Someone mentioned in a post earlier that the one player we can't lose is Krul. 

Then this happens 

Whoever that was, hunt him down and bring his head on a silver salver to this forum

still 9 games to go until Jan window as well! Horrendous luck! Arguably the first starting player on the injury list though, surely a bunch of the under 23s are being readied for sat now.

Id be tempted to bring Pukki off not long after half time and save him for the weekend

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I can't believe I typed in the match thread that we need to avoid injuries, and about three minutes later, that bloody happened.

It's the equivalent of Lady Luck smiling at you, sucking off another guy, then spitting in your face.

Poetic, maaaan.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Define 'whole lot of warming up'. No sarcasm, I genuinely don't know what this means.

Don't they just warm up in the time allocated to warm up? That's all I saw.

Especially sub keepers, because you just never know when you might be needed.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

2 keepers on the bench too. Quite probably.

We'll just have to score more goals.

2 keepers on the bench against Boro too. Also, we only have 8 subs tonight, not 9. Pretty sure due to other injuries we just have on the bench what is realistically available. 

Not saying he was 100% fit, we a know it happens. But I don't think this is the indicator.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Painting quite the picture! 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Poetic, maaaan.

Yeah, I was a bit pissed off when I wrote that!

raises the point again about leg injuries not being a result of a 'tackle', or contact

something is wrong when there is this frequency

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Someone mentioned in a post earlier that the one player we can't lose is Krul. 

Then this happens 

19 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I tell what boys, we're doing brilliantly without Quintilla and certainly don't need him back...

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I tell what boys, we're doing brilliantly without Quintilla and certainly don't need him back...

Sorensen's been above and beyond considering everything around him. First matches for his new team in a new country, and he's playing in a position he's never played in before.

I accept that Krul's been excellent so far this season, but Sorensen's performances there under the circumstances have been consistently impressive when looking at that background. Can't praise him enough.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sorensen's been above and beyond considering everything around him. First matches for his new team in a new country, and he's playing in a position he's never played in before.

I accept that Krul's been excellent so far this season, but Sorensen's performances there under the circumstances have been consistently impressive when looking at that background. Can't praise him enough.

I just used Quintilla as an example of an important player who was out injured. I could easily have used Cantwell, Dowell, Idah, Hugill or several others!

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

On  Krul, the commentators from Stoke said he looked injured during the warm up, so 2 on the bench does now look like Krul was carrying an injury, so calculated gamble.  He pulled his quad muscle when he had to clear one long.  It might be that if he can avoid too many long clearances he can  be back pretty promptly.

Two keepers on the bench for the last two games certainly suggests he was carrying an injury. Guess his luck ran out tonight.

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Well I wasn't going to post a comment to this thread but then I saw that the title ended with the word 'discussion' and now I feel compelled to write something.

Thanks 😘

2 hours ago, Bill said:

raises the point again about leg injuries not being a result of a 'tackle', or contact

something is wrong when there is this frequency

Rare indeed for footballers to pick up an injury to their leg......................................

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Rare indeed for footballers to pick up an injury to their leg......................................

Ah, that explains Hugill's injury then.  😉

14 hours ago, daisy said:

Two keepers on the bench for the last two games certainly suggests he was carrying an injury. Guess his luck ran out tonight.

Wasn't it thought on another thread that 2 goalkeepers on the bench was something to do with homegrown numbers in the matchday squad?

15 hours ago, daisy said:

I thought this. When it happened there was no real conversation or debate. No waiting to see what the problem was. Mcgovern was out and ready really quickly. Almost as though it was expected.

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I thought this. When it happened there was no real conversation or debate. No waiting to see what the problem was. Mcgovern was out and ready really quickly. Almost as though it was expected.

I think that's likely - let us know when you feel it and we'll sub you; perhaps also why he wasn't kicking long much.

As for this "non contact muscle injury" theory - well, that's what happens when you train with the intensity of a match. If we want to win games that's what we have to do and that's why we can see out these wins or score late goals. It's also why players take a few weeks to get up to speed and knowledge of Farke's system and we can't just bring Leitner and Drmic back for a week or two.

14 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Krul has said on Twitter he shouldn't be out for too long

Lot of support for MM on that thread too.

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

Lot of support for MM on that thread too.

It amazes me that McGovern has sat on the sidelines and observed the way we play and take his time to build from the back. He clearly doesnt possess many of the skills needed in order to play the Farke way and im amazed he is still around. We should really have a better quality back up GK, but with that being said the only option is to get behind the guy and not every game will be like Stoke going forward.

Edited by jaberry2