lappinitup

*****Official match Thread v Stoke*****

Emi’s red card certainly changed things - they had so much less to worry about with him not in the pitch and it almost cost us. That’s definitely a lesson to learn - silly rather than petulant/deliberate but also unnecessary, 

Pukki look like some hamstring ?Nightmare game and lucky no VAR as goal for 3-3 was cristal clear.

Buendia never will play big football keeping not use his brain....

Same time last year seaons end Novmeber with 11 inj players now deja vu.

No way we to play evry 3 days with this squad .

Hope buendia 1 game only miss and Pukki Krull only miss 1 2 games.

head of performence  must be sacked soon 

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yes I was watching..were you?...may aswell had no one up there as Placheta

Got away with that one Farke

Ah classic Norwich, we win away from home to take us top and we still moaning 😉

• Like 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I don't think a knackered Pukki would've offered us anything more - hardly a target man is he? Placheta was on his own against 3-4 players most of the time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I don't think a knackered Pukki would've offered us anything more - hardly a target man is he? Placheta was on his own against 3-4 players most of the time!

Frankly I’m outraged Placheta didn’t score at least 5. Farke out!

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yes thanks....and fully agree with the decision to sub Pukki. Pukkis played so much football and we will need him to play so much more, was it really worth having him run around trying to hold up long balls, rather than someone like Placheta? We should have used his pace more as an outlet and not asked him to try and take balls out of the air but it was absolutely the right decision to take him off. It didn’t matter who was up front (we didn’t have a big lump like Holty on the bench), it was always going to be a thankless task.

But I really don’t see what you’re complaining about, we need Pukki and it was worth the risk when no one as the outlet would have had much joy with what we were doing with ball once Emi was sent off.

oh and we won 😀

Edited by Fiery Zac

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Now come on Forest!

Hooper must hate us. Just given Bournemouth a penalty for a foul outside the box.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hooper must hate us. Just given Bournemouth a penalty for a foul outside the box.

Thats OK, Bournemouth can finish second.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

It was a rubbish decision by a rubbish ref.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Yes thanks....and fully agree with the decision to sub Pukki. Pukkis played so much football and we will need him to play so much more, was it really worth having him run around trying to hold up long balls, rather than someone like Placheta? We should have used his pace more as an outlet and not asked him to try and take balls out of the air but it was absolutely the right decision to take him off. It didn’t matter who was up front (we didn’t have a big lump like Holty on the bench), it was always going to be a thankless task.

But I really don’t see what you’re complaining about, we need Pukki and it was worth the risk when no one as the outlet would have had much joy with what we were doing with ball once Emi was sent off.

oh and we won 😀

Bring him off at 3-0 and 11 v 11 maybe....but not at 3-1 and a man down. Win the game you're playing ,dont worry about future games

Absolutely invited pressure and yes, Pukki would have been a better outlet than Placheta

...got away with it and a great 3 pts...but I cant think that was what Farke had in mind for the last 20 mins

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Bring him off at 3-0 and 11 v 11 maybe....but not at 3-1 and a man down. Win the game you're playing ,dont worry about future games

Absolutely invited pressure and yes, Pukki would have been a better outlet than Placheta

...got away with it and a great 3 pts...but I cant think that was what Farke had in mind for the last 20 mins

We did.

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Ok we’re not going to agree. I simply don’t understand how you can think the way we played for the last 20mins that Pukki would have made a significant difference over Placheta. He certainly wouldn’t have scored and no one was actually looking for an outlet, it was simply smack it as far as possible. 

We won the game and Pukki has had a slightly longer rest and wasn’t risked picking up an injury chasing endless amounts of long balls for 20mins. In Farke I trust.

Fantastic news all round

Edited by Fiery Zac

Its no use worrying about Emi. He misses a game. He did at the start of the season.

Its the injuries that are a concern. We really do not have anyone to replace Pukki. Its not easy asking someone to play that role.

And Krul is our MVP would be the most important loss.

Plusses tonight were Martin looking calm and a decent passer. Sorenson plays another game out of position. And Stiepermann only hit his head which won't be serious😁

I think we discussed earlier in the season that we had a tough six game stretch. Well its won 5 drawn 1.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Thats OK, Bournemouth can finish second.

They are a good team, but as the top 3 stand, we have played the other 2 teams away, but Bournemouth haven't . If we only have to worry about 1 other team, then that is fine 🙂 

27 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I didn't think he had even fouled the player or tackle with any malice for that first yellow!

Agree. Did not deserve the first card. Back to his best by the way.

Happy with the win, bag the points and go again. It’s never going to be easy supporting City, but it’s rarely boring.

So all the experts on here bemoaning Farke taking Pukki off and it transpires he felt his hamstrings.

Our fans will never learn.