lappinitup

*****Official match Thread v Stoke*****

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

He might be getting on the bench at this rate.

Neyul is a dead cert for the bench on Sat

• Haha 1

Eventful first half! Had heart in mouth seeing Pukki go down as Buendia scored, thankfully he was ok, scored a belter, then Krul going off felt like conceding. If I was Farke I’d shut up shop now and aim to keep a clean sheet, give McGovern some confidence (as I sure as hell don’t have much!).

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Impressive defending from the boys in blue 😁

They've now started to play teams inhabiting a different area of that particular league. They will soon get more accustomed to the relative comfort of mid table 🙂

I admit it.. I was wrong. Hands in the air. I said I thought Tetty and Skipp would be too defensive of a midfield for this match.

And yet, I forget we are playing Stoke. Big ugly stoke who foul you and kick you to the floor every chance they get.

If we had instead started Vrancic and Ruup in the middle I honestly feel they would be much too lightweight to deal with the constant tackles and fouls flying in.

So yeah, I was wrong and Farke was right. Guess that's why I'm not a football manager.. 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

If they get desperate my old gloves are still in the cupboard somewhere. Someone else will have to take the goalkicks though.

9 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Just need Lincoln and Charlton to pull their fingers out

I believe both those teams will. Lincoln 0-0 at HT and Charlton dominant but losing.

Skipp and Tettey are not quite communicating yet - not sure that Tetts knows what he's supposed to be doing and Skipp has been caught in possession several times - at least when Stieps loses it it's high up the pitch. McGovern is good enough - how many caps for NI? He knows what he's doing at this level.

Krul looks like he's done a quad - maybe that's why we've had two keepers on the bench if it's been a bit iffy. Probably only a week or two out if it's that.

15 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Really don't think we can cope with McGovern for long. We should have a better back up keeper.

Many of us said as much in the summer, but SW/DF seem to have felt McG and Barden were up to it. I guess we’ll see. As is usual nowadays, it was a rather strange transfer window. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

I thought young Barden was supposed to be a pretty good, highly thought of at Bury wasn’t he last season? Might be the chance if a McGovern isn’t up to the job.

Emi has been outstanding so far. Putting so much effort defensively as well and not waving his hands in air. If he can keep going like that, he will have quite a season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I thought young Barden was supposed to be a pretty good, highly thought of at Bury wasn’t he last season? Might be the chance if a McGovern isn’t up to the job.

Would be an interesting sitation had he come on in goal..

After all Stoke playing thier youth/3rd choice keeper too. There's a pub quiz question

'How many Championship matches have thier been in which both teams have played their youth teams goalkeeper in?'

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Skipp and Tettey are not quite communicating yet - not sure that Tetts knows what he's supposed to be doing and Skipp has been caught in possession several times - at least when Stieps loses it it's high up the pitch. McGovern is good enough - how many caps for NI? He knows what he's doing at this level.

Krul looks like he's done a quad - maybe that's why we've had two keepers on the bench if it's been a bit iffy. Probably only a week or two out if it's that.

Pretty sure we have two keepers on the bench because we didn't have enough outfield players to fill the bench. 

I think Farke may need to think twice about Leitner and Farke. 

Decision to loan out Famewo and McCallum looking unwise. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pretty sure we have two keepers on the bench because we didn't have enough outfield players to fill the bench. 

I think Farke may need to think twice about Leitner and Farke. 

Decision to loan out Famewo and McCallum looking unwise. 

If Farke starts doubting himself, we're f**ked.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Well, he is known for saving. Sign him up!

Yeah, but he looks **** on crosses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If Farke starts doubting himself, we're f**ked.

It appears no matter how well we do, some will still think us fans have a better idea on what to do than Farke! It's a game of opinions though so there we go.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Many of us said as much in the summer, but SW/DF seem to have felt McG and Barden were up to it. I guess we’ll see.  It was a strange transfer window, as per usual.

Yep. Let's hope we get something lined up for 1st Jan. 9 more games from now until then 😐 

I think I'll be happy if we can make it to the turn of the year and still be between 3-6 points off the top 2, but even that looks like a huge order. 

Imagine the position we could get ourselves in if we had a full squad - or just a normal amount of injuries! 

And there goes Steipermann... 

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

How did the ref not notice Stieps was struggling to stand up? Play went on for ages

The ref's at this level are that bad it's negligent.

You really forget to appreciate how decent Krul is with his feet when you see McGovern playing with his feet. I really think he hampers our ability to build from the back unfortunately 

Just **** it long, Michael. Work your way in.

McGovern's a very good shot-stopper and has great reflexes. It's everything else that can be shaky with him.

Just now, All the Germans said:

and his hands.

He's fine as a back up keeper. Just worried about the impact on us building play from the back.