Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Can we recall loans in January?

I’m tempted just to post “discuss” as I know that winds people up, but I won’t. 😉

This question has been asked several times today but I don’t believe I’ve seen a definitive answer.

Just now, YellowSubmarine said:

Yes, most of players has a recall clause for January. Their loan clubs only need 7 days notice

Are you certain about this? Is it documented anywhere? No offence, just want to see it with my own eyes before I believe it 🙂

This has always been a bit of a grey area, I’m pretty sure that domestic loans will have a break clause but I think international loans are effectively ‘one year transfers’ in all but name.  Last season I’m pretty sure we weren’t under any obligation to send Amadou back but it made sense, we could presumably request Sinani was released back to us but they’d not have to agree.

Edited by Branston Pickle

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

This has always been a bit of a grey area, I’m pretty sure that domestic loans will have a break clause but I think international loans are effectively ‘one year transfers’ in all but name.  Last season I’m pretty sure we weren’t under any obligation to send Amadou back but it made sense, we could presumably request Sinani was released back to us but they’d not have to agree.

Right on the domestic, international tend to a have less than 50% starts clause and players can be recalled but differs when club have obligation to buy

9 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Right on the domestic, international tend to a have less than 50% starts clause and players can be recalled but differs when club have obligation to buy

You seem very well informed. So you're saying that all of our domestic loans will definitely have a January recall clause? Or just that they tend to?

Do you know anything definite/specific about any of our international loans?

27 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I know famewo has that option

Honestly out of all our youth players he is one I would love to see get a chance for us.

From what I have seen he really looks the real deal.. But then again it's always a case of 'Could he realistically start for us?' which is a good question given Hanley/Gibson/Zimmerman all being ahead of him.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

McCallum was the obvious one to not send out in the first place, never mind recall! 

9 minutes ago, Clint said:

McCallum was the obvious one to not send out in the first place, never mind recall! 

Might have been part of the deal that got him here. Not declared on contract but a nod  and a wink.  

Then we have the Pinkun classic situation, Xavi starts  ,does well.......so why the hell did we buy McCallum ...to sit on the bench?

• Like 1

Can't see the point in bringing Famewo in at the moment - he's getting game time and doing well by all accounts. Chances of him playing for us are slim.

McCallum, on the other hand..

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Might have been part of the deal that got him here. Not declared on contract but a nod  and a wink.  

Then we have the Pinkun classic situation, Xavi starts  ,does well.......so why the hell did we buy McCallum ...to sit on the bench?

Xavi is 24 and established, Sam is 20 and had never played at a higher level than League 1. Seems a reasonable way of hedging our bets to me.

• Thanks 1

If loans can be recalled does that mean we could lose Skipp?  He is impressing here and would probably now get in the Spurs squad based on how he’s been performing for us

Just now, xymox said:

If loans can be recalled does that mean we could lose Skipp?  He is impressing here and would probably now get in the Spurs squad based on how he’s been performing for us

If we had McCallum at left back, or if Xavi has recovered, Sorenson could then move to his ‘proper’ position. From what we’ve seen, he should do a decent job there and it would allow him and the rest of the team to become familiar with him in that role before (some chicken counting going on here) we get thrown back into the Premier League fire again. So no bad thing IMHO. The alternative is to spend a season playing with Skipp and then be forced to swap him out if/when we go up - along with several other changes/upgrades.

Fitrstly Famewo is injured and not played for Charlton in Nov, however did play before injury and played very well and achieved many clean sheets, but given recent news probably needs surgery.

Season long loans are just that may be recall clause for January inserted not normal practice, but clubs can agree to cut short loan even if no recall see Amadou, clubs will need an incentive to do so, palms greased.

But told Webber went to watch Coventry on Saturday maybe to watch McCallum who is to be recalled or to scout an other, hope its the former.