Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Could we be back in the stadium soon?

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

Could be worse- we could have fence sitter Starmer leading the charge with Diane Abbott doing the numbers.

Three hundred thousand and thirty four nine hundred and seventy four thousand

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

Could be worse- we could have fence sitter Starmer leading the charge with Diane Abbott doing the numbers.

Weird how people love singling out Diane Abbott despite her not being in Starmers shadow cabinet. Wonder what it could be about her that attracts so much right wing rage...

Edited by king canary
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, king canary said:

Weird how people love singling out Diane Abbott despite her not being in Starmers shadow cabinet. Wonder what it could be about her that attracts so much right wing rage...

Someone's been paying too much attention to Diane Abbott...

3 hours ago, Diane said:

I'm hoping we ll get a small capacity back sometime in April, majority will have had 1 jab by then, I'm trying to stay positive 

I fear you are being over optimistic Diane.

Can't see it being this season. Beginning of next season for a small crowd.

Numbers are coming down because of lockdown, not because the virus is under control.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't see it being this season. Beginning of next season for a small crowd.

Numbers are coming down because of lockdown, not because the virus is under control.

18 million have been vaccinated....that must be making some kind if a difference??

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

18 million have been vaccinated....that must be making some kind if a difference??

Hopefully yes, but we won't truly know until everyone mingles again. I still think it will be next season.

Govt seem to have got the message that they must be cautious.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hopefully yes, but we won't truly know until everyone mingles again. I still think it will be next season.

Govt seem to have got the message that they must be cautious.

While I agree the figure coming out of Israel for first provisional results shows that the vaccines are having massive impact on hospitalisation and deaths so after March we could be in a position where April might see the first minimal crowds being allowed back in, obviously depending on similar provisional results here in the UK. We can only hope....

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You have got to have a second jab for your protection to be at it's highest and that could be up to twelve weeks after your first and they are talking about May before the population at large have all had the first jab.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You have got to have a second jab for your protection to be at it's highest and that could be up to twelve weeks after your first and they are talking about May before the population at large have all had the first jab.

Even so...you'd assume what protection a first jab does offer must contribute in some decrease in numbers of infections/hospitilizations

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

While I agree the figure coming out of Israel for first provisional results shows that the vaccines are having massive impact on hospitalisation and deaths so after March we could be in a position where April might see the first minimal crowds being allowed back in, obviously depending on similar provisional results here in the UK. We can only hope....

Ah that's very encouraging. Nothing would please me more.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ah that's very encouraging. Nothing would please me more.

Indeed but we still must be cautious, wouldn’t surprise me if the FA cup final might be the first bigger event with limited fan numbers, but might be before then....fingers crossed.

Didn't they delay the league cup final this season, in the hope they would be able to allow some fans in for that.. 

I cannot see more than a few thousand fans being let back in this season...and i doubt even that will happen.

Even next season i'm not sure we will see full stadiums til Spring 2022.

There is no way they can allow this to run out of control again.

Anyone who thinks there will be even small numbers of people in football stadiums, or any other stadiums, this season, and probably beyond, is living in a dreamland.

It just ain't gonna happen.

I think they open up this season.  I am hoping the plan is to inject everyone over 50 as that should reduce significantly the number who get seriously ill (or die) and get the number of infected people down to a few thousand so they can then target any remaining cases.  Also the logic for restricting peoples freedoms once they have received a vaccine will be difficult to justify, yet if they allow the people everyone was lockdown to protect to be free to continue with life with the younger people are still locked up that will be incredibly divisive and I think it would lead to civil unrest.  So I am really hopeful that they are trying to keep us locked up for as long as possible to get the number of infected people down to a minimum and then open things up, hopefully allowing some of us into football stadiums.  OTBC

12 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Please God, I can’t bear much more of this...

There is no God. I would've thought everyone would have realised that after the last year

9 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Anyone who thinks there will be even small numbers of people in football stadiums, or any other stadiums, this season, and probably beyond, is living in a dreamland.

It just ain't gonna happen.

This is an incredibly defeatist attitude so may i politely ask 'Why' you think this and when (if ever) we will ever see football grounds, rugby grounds, cricket grounds, athletics venues, indoor large scale events, pop concerts etc. being permitted again to human beings????