Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Could we be back in the stadium soon?

25 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yeah, I can see why with that sort of post...

It isn't about the individuals choices. This has already been widely discussed in regards to masks. It's about protecting other people. Other people without any perceived underlying issues can still die from it. A lot of people don't realise they have underlying health issues.

My late father didn't know he had an irregular heart beat until his 'MOT' when he turned 60.

Thankfully at the moment the government doesn't appear to agree with that tact either, nor does the WHO or any scientists etc.

But yes, by all means support who you want politically, just the statement that Boris etc have done the best they can is evidently false, eg; he didn't attend several meetings in regards to the virus at it's outset.

May I also add we are still to discover the full effects of long Covid.

39 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yeah, I can see why with that sort of post...

It isn't about the individuals choices. This has already been widely discussed in regards to masks. It's about protecting other people. Other people without any perceived underlying issues can still die from it. A lot of people don't realise they have underlying health issues.

My late father didn't know he had an irregular heart beat until his 'MOT' when he turned 60.

Thankfully at the moment the government doesn't appear to agree with that tact either, nor does the WHO or any scientists etc.

But yes, by all means support who you want politically, just the statement that Boris etc have done the best they can is evidently false, eg; he didn't attend several meetings in regards to the virus at it's outset.

Thanks for the consent. Much obliged.

Just now, jaywick_canery said:

Thanks for the consent. Much obliged.

Was never the case. This is a football forum, you brought in politics, I suggested it's probably best not to bring it into it. You went and got a shovel.

You don't have to heed my advice, but sadly all you are highlighting is exactly why I gave such advice.

Yup, if Boris has done his best that is rather worrying for everything else he has to do as PM - he took far too long to take it seriously and almost everything has been very last minute and extremely confused since.  But otherwise he’s done a great job...😕

It'll be a little odd with some games still being behind closed doors while others aren’t - and presumably with no away fans - it will surely give an advantage to the former group.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

Was never the case. This is a football forum, you brought in politics, I suggested it's probably best not to bring it into it. You went and got a shovel.

You don't have to heed my advice, but sadly all you are highlighting is exactly why I gave such advice.

Boris has just given consent for fans to attend games. Not a case of 'bringing up politics'.... more an 'observation'.

You got the shovel fella, not me.

Having the vaccine will almost certainly be a condition of entry on travelling anywhere outside the UK and possibly anyhwere outside England.

10 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

Boris has just given consent for fans to attend games. Not a case of 'bringing up politics'.... more an 'observation'.

You got the shovel fella, not me.

This was never about Boris doing his best though either was it?

It was about a decision to allow fans back into games, not a discussion on whether the current PM or government had done their best, or were doing well, or are utterly brilliant.

So it's most definitely your shovel, as you appear to be using it so aptly. 

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

This was never about Boris doing his best though either was it?

It was about a decision to allow fans back into games, not a discussion on whether the current PM or government had done their best, or were doing well, or are utterly brilliant.

So it's most definitely your shovel, as you appear to be using it so aptly. 

I think your own political bias makes you read far too much into things.

Good News 4000 if Norfolk is in Tier 1 and 2000 if we are in Tier 2,  we have 3 home games before the Xmas so hopefully some of us will be lucky in the next lottery draw

4 minutes ago, Diane said:

Good News 4000 if Norfolk is in Tier 1 and 2000 if we are in Tier 2,  we have 3 home games before the Xmas so hopefully some of us will be lucky in the next lottery draw

Best of luck Diane 👍

Another absurd decision

400 in Bournemouth's 12,000 stadium - against 4000 in Spurs 60,000 stadium

Where is the logic there ?

The first will be just over a third full

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Another absurd decision

400 in Bournemouth's 12,000 stadium - against 4000 in Spurs 60,000 stadium

Where is the logic there ?

The first will be just over a third full

It would surely make more sense to be a percentage of capacity.

Very pleased if we do get the chance to attend a match or two.

In some ways it's unfair on some clubs in higher tiers and could actually benefit us if we manage to get 4000 in. 

There's lots of optimism at the moment mainly on the back of the great news about the vaccines, but I can't help thinking there will be a sting in the Covid tail before we can think about throwing parties. Wouldn't mind betting we'll be back in lockdown again after Christmas.

• Like 1

Funny, I never think of Carrow Road as a Stadium. I think of it as a Ground.

And I agree about percentage of capacity. Luton fall into the same small capacity as Bournemouth. Whereas they both fit into Hillsborough.

18 hours ago, Van wink said:

Wouldn’t be sure we will be in tier 1

Tier 1 or Tier 2  , the Mirror has us in Tier one is their predicted tiers but like us they are only guessing

12 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

As someone with “ pre existing conditions “ how safe is it to go back ?

Waveney  has been going for years with his pre existing  conditions. 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Waveney  has been going for years with his pre existing  conditions. 

Does he count as 2?

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Any sensible answers ?

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Any sensible answers ?

I don't think there are answers for you.

All you can do is weigh everything up and make that informed choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Any sensible answers ?

I think that' really comes into the 'how long is a piece of string' category.

I think it depends on the nature of your conditions & how much covid is likely to impact on them. The trouble is we don't really have enough hard information about the way the virus interacts with our system, & may not have for many months to come.

Perhaps you could have a chat with your GP? Although I doubt he'll much by way of a definitive answer. Personally I'd read up all the (genuine) information I could find & make my own evaluation. Really it's going to come down to how you feel about whether the risk's worthwhile or not.

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Only you can judge that, but as a general rule I would say anyone should very much err on the side of caution. It is a question of weighing up being able to attend a football match against the threat from a deadly (or at the least highly dangerous) virus about which still not enough is known.

With The Times reporting today that social distancing and masks might have to be in place until the Autumn, possibly the end of the year, I wonder how much longer it will be until we get back to a full stadium? Incredible to think we're coming up to a year since the last one. What a great couple of nights they were, beating Leicester at home and Spurs away!

Supposed to be going to see The Killers at Carrow Road in June - can't see that happening unfortunately. 

On 23/11/2020 at 15:31, wcorkcanary said:

Doesnt that just fill you with confidence?

Could be worse- we could have fence sitter Starmer leading the charge with Diane Abbott doing the numbers.

I'm hoping we ll get a small capacity back sometime in April, majority will have had 1 jab by then, I'm trying to stay positive