Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

U23s team news Today, via twitter

It would appear that Andrew Omobamidele, Reece McAlear and Tyrese Omotoye are not with the 23s in Newcastle (unless they're on the bench), which would suggest they could be travelling with the #NCFC first team to Stoke.

WE shall need 3 academy players to fill the bench. McAlear not named will be one named Saturday must be English and Barden again as 3rd keeper and one an other.Ā  i don't expect us to announce 9.Ā  We faced this problem of english qualified in 2018/9 when 5 subs were allowed.

We just don't learn.Ā Ā 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pete said:

WE shall need 3 academy players to fill the bench. McAlear not named will be one named Saturday must be English and Barden again as 3rd keeper and one an other.Ā  i don't expect us to announce 9.Ā  We faced this problem of english qualified in 2018/9 when 5 subs were allowed.

We just don't learn.Ā Ā 

Ā 

The only person who doesn't learn is YOU!

We signed Skipp, Hugill, Gibson, Mumba and Dowell this summer who are all English qualified players.

The fact that three of these are now injured, along with Cantwell, Idah and Byram is just plain bad luck.

No chance of you acknowledging this though - you'll just go on criticising like you normally do.

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of course they would be injured. Everyones injured it would seem. Waiting for the 'Kitmans injured playing naked' tweet soon

I was going to ask how the kitman got injured playing naked, but on a moment's reflection, it's all too obvious. šŸ˜£

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

Looks like a 2-0 win away to Newcastle, with left-back Rob Nizet scoring both goals. Surely a candidate for a place on the bench for the Coventry game on Saturday?

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Anyone seen enoigh of Nizet to know if he's close to making the step up?

Waiting till the u23 kit manā€™s injured in order to see more of him

Ā (That just sounds so wrong.Ā sorry,Ā I have no informationĀ to give on Nizet)

Saw Nizet play a few times last season and he certainly looked decent. Seemed a confident sort. Not sure he'd be up to the physicality of the Championship yet though.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Saw Nizet play a few times last season and he certainly looked decent. Seemed a confident sort. Not sure he'd be up to the physicality of the Championship yet though.Ā 

We'd probably have said the same thing about Bali Mumba a few weeks ago, though, so you never know... šŸ™‚

39 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I was going to ask how the kitman got injured playing naked, but on a moment's reflection, it's all too obvious.

Frostbite? šŸ¤£

Apples

• Haha 1

Just wondering how many of our current Academy prospects could realistically make up the numbers? I've heard good things about Omobamidele, Nizet, McAlear, Hondermarck, Dennis, Dickson-Peters and Omotoye (the last two of whom are strikers, I believe, whereas Dennis is a versatile attacking midfielder who has also played up front). I'm guessing Nizet (Belgian), Omobamidele (Irish) and Hondermarck (French/Irish) wouldn't be classed as homegrown, but the others would?

I saw him at Oxford last season, thought he did ok and for me looked like a similar player to Lewis, just a couple of years behind. As Thirsty has said the physical side may be a bit too much right now but he came across as pretty athletic in how he got up and down the left hand side.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm guessing Nizet (Belgian), Omobamidele (Irish) and Hondermarck (French/Irish) wouldn't be classed as homegrown, but the others would?

I think it may depend on how long theyā€™ve been in the country but someone else might clarify this.

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think it may depend on how long theyā€™ve been in the country but someone else might clarify this.

Hang on, I'll try to invoke the spirit of @Bethnal Yellow and Green...

*shuts eyes*

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hang on, I'll try to invoke the spirit of @Bethnal Yellow and Green...

*shuts eyes*

They need to complete three years between their 15th and 21st birthdays, or the by the end of the season in which they turn 21.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

They need to complete three years between their 15th and 21st birthdays, or the by the end of the season in which they turn 21.

Hang on, wrong channel... you're not Bethnal.

*shuts eyes again*

(PS. Thanks for the info)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

When Til shuts his eyes he sees Anna Trybull šŸ˜

In handcuffs, no doubt.