Midlands Yellow

Stoke away predictions

6 hours ago, pete said:

An injury that takes 3 weeks, if it is accurate does means he will be out 4 or 5 weeks minimum.  Now the squad is limited to 15 experienced playing two games a week for the next 5 weeks it looks an impossible task to keep the momentum and we will fall away.  Any recruits in January will come too late to rescue this season.  Don't believe in miracles.

Perhaps just a touch on the 'glass half-empty' side there pete? A challenge sure, but give the lads a chance. Every team will have injuries/setbacks/suspensions over this testing period

Let's be realistic, a point tomorrow night and no further injuries would be absolutely dreamy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Let's be realistic, a point tomorrow night and no further injuries would be absolutely dreamy.

Yes please, even though we are clear favourites to win tomorrow a point would be sweet. 

Just perused one of their forums.

They seem mostly confident, but many would be content with a draw.

They have had a very tough start to the league having already played eight of the top nine teams.

This comment was telling:

"Never know what to make of Norwich, they are an unusual club in as much that they have a good ground and infrastructure, reasonable attendances, Ipswich aside no competition for fans, and yet they don’t seem to make the most what they could. Yes they were in the Premier League last year and again 2 or 3 years before that, but they don’t seem bothered whether they are in the Championship or the top league when I think they could do so much more with a bit more balls. Just seem to be content with their life, but maybe that’s just Norfolk for you?"

33 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

They have had a very tough start to the league having already played eight of the top nine teams.

"Never know what to make of Norwich, they are an unusual club in as much that they have a good ground and infrastructure, reasonable attendances, Ipswich aside no competition for fans, and yet they don’t seem to make the most what they could. Yes they were in the Premier League last year and again 2 or 3 years before that, but they don’t seem bothered whether they are in the Championship or the top league when I think they could do so much more with a bit more balls. Just seem to be content with their life, but maybe that’s just Norfolk for you?"

LITTLE OLD NORWICH KLAXON 📢

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Can't argue with much of that.... except 1p5wich aren't competition for fans, or anything else. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

LITTLE OLD NORWICH KLAXON 📢

And the HOOOOOOOGE ambition of Stoke City has them.....below little ol' Norwich.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

And the HOOOOOOOGE ambition of Stoke City has them.....below little ol' Norwich.

Not if we lose tonight.

#clubsajoke

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

That comment is spot on from the Stoke fan. I read it at the weekend and had to agree. 

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That comment is spot on from the Stoke fan. I read it at the weekend and had to agree. 

Norwich is a city with a village mentality and that flows into it's football club and it's ownership.

Who the hell would swap what we have for Stoke, Leeds or Middlebrough though?

35 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Shame the comment is completely irrelevant and makes no difference, otherwise MASSIVE AMBITIOUS STOKE would be top 6 in the prem not below us...

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Shame the comment is completely irrelevant and makes no difference, otherwise MASSIVE AMBITIOUS STOKE would be top 6 in the prem not below us...

Ten consecutive years in the top league and very recently too makes it irrelevant?  Don’t be so precious about it.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Ten consecutive years in the top league and very recently too makes it irrelevant?  Don’t be so precious about it.

Yeah, cos if we'd had 10 consecutive years predominantly hanging on playing awful football in the prem followed by near relegation to League One, you'd be so supportive of our current owners. It's called double standards.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, cos if we'd had 10 consecutive years predominantly hanging on playing awful football in the prem followed by near relegation to League One, you'd be so supportive of our current owners. It's called double standards.

They loved it for most of the Pulis years but had definitely had enough towards the end. Throw in an F.A cup final and a run in Europe then things didn’t go too bad really. 

How many spells have we needed in the Premiership to make 10 seasons? 

Would definitely take a point if offered now and then on to 3 on Saturday. It would mean we would still have a two points per game total. 

Intriguing match tonight. Stoke's O'Neil is calling it a "benchmark" for his team. That in itself shows the mentality a little doesn't it?

For us, I think (believe) it's just about ourselves.

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Its Waveney , trolling the Stoke message board.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

To be fair, one of the factors mentioned in that post was competition. Stoke is less than an hour from Birmingham and Manchester and just over an hour from Liverpool. I went to uni there and I knew several Stoke-born people who supported Liverpool and Man United, plus also Man City and Aston Villa. 

A point tonight going into what is a reasonably favourable couple of fixtures would be just lovely. Getting out of it without further troubling the physio team would be brilliant.

A win with no injuries and I'd have to assume I haven't woken up to my alarm just yet.

On 22/11/2020 at 11:48, BroadstairsR said:

This newly found solidity of defence instils far more confidence in my hopes/predictions for these difficult games.

It seems ages since I haven't had the sh-tes whenever we face a corner or a free kick around the area.

I still don;t feel like we have this new found solidity of defence of which you speak! I know the stats bear our that we do but watching the games I really don;t feel like we look "solid" against teams who have a bit of a go at us. Perhaps its just my fraid nerves from watching us over the last two seasons but i do feel we had been a tad fortunate not to have conceded a few more goals over the recent run of games. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

I still don;t feel like we have this new found solidity of defence of which you speak! I know the stats bear our that we do but watching the games I really don;t feel like we look "solid" against teams who have a bit of a go at us. Perhaps its just my fraid nerves from watching us over the last two seasons but i do feel we had been a tad fortunate not to have conceded a few more goals over the recent run of games. 

Since the first international break, we've conceded four goals in eight games. That's watertight for a Championship side.

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Since the first international break, we've conceded four goals in eight games. That's watertight for a Championship side.

Hanley having his best spell ever in yellow and Gibson an upgrade on Godfrey’s  defensive abilities a factor? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I know that and as i've said I can;t argue with the figures but i do find myself wondering precisely how that is the case.

Brentford missed two sitters against us. So did Swansea (who should have had a pen), Boro had a penalty disallowed after scoring. Rotherham missed a pen and some good chances as well and even Wymcombe had some good chances from set pieces. We dominate games and always have way more chances ourselves so i'm not saying we didn;t deserve to win any of these games (or draw at brentford) but I just dont feel, when watching us, that we are truly as "solid" as is being made out but haviong a good goalkeeper and a few slices of luck can help a lot!

I will also accept that we appear to have improved our defending from set peices quite a lot. Having Hanley in the team and Sorensen at left back probably helps with that as I think will having Tettey in the side tonight if he plays.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be fair, one of the factors mentioned in that post was competition. Stoke is less than an hour from Birmingham and Manchester and just over an hour from Liverpool. I went to uni there and I knew several Stoke-born people who supported Liverpool and Man United, plus also Man City and Aston Villa. 

I'm not sure that's a big factor when you consider population density etc.