Midlands Yellow

Stoke away predictions

Beat these and then I think there’s no stopping us going clear before Christmas. That said they look very useful and play more expansive football under O’Niell. 2.2 draw and put Coventry to the sword  next Saturday would be more than acceptable. 

I fancied Stoke to do well this season, and they're picking up after a mixed start. Whilst I wouldn't take a draw before kick off, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with a point. It's worth remembering that even though Stoke are six places behind us, they'd actually go above us if they beat us.

Not won two on the trot maybe an omen.  Defensively looked poor against huddersfield, rookie keeper and no James McLean to concern us.  We must be favourites to win especially after yesterday an early goal would be nice.  However as long as we keep run going a draw if necessary is acceptable.  Not particular good record there.  

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Not won two on the trot maybe an omen.  Defensively looked poor against huddersfield, rookie keeper and no James McLean to concern us.  We must be favourites to win especially after yesterday an early goal would be nice.  However as long as we keep run going a draw if necessary is acceptable.  Not particular good record there.  

We are favourites to win the match, 6/4 us, Stoke @7/4 and 23/10 the draw. 

I thought 4 points from boro and Stoke would be excellent but having won the first it does make you greedy for another 3.

• Like 2

Just now, hogesar said:

I thought 4 points from boro and Stoke would be excellent but having won the first it does make you greedy for another 3.

I’d have took 2 draws, 4 points would be excellent, 6 awesome. 

One things for sure, they are not playing the brand of football that made Stoke the dull and boring 1-0 of football. They appear to be far more expansive now. I think that will play into our hands, and we may see our highest scoring game of the season so far. 3-1 to us - Pukki, Cantwell, and Vrancic.

Offer me a 1-1 now and I'd take it. That said, they might have a keeper problem with their injuries, not to mention no James McClean so it could inhibit them a bit and make them go back to type a bit more compared to the more expansive stuff played recently. Bursik, the lad who played against Huddersfield, is only 20, but he is an England U21 international, so can't be that bad.

This newly found solidity of defence instils far more confidence in my hopes/predictions for these difficult games.

It seems ages since I haven't had the sh-tes whenever we face a corner or a free kick around the area.

Hopefully the ref is decent...Steven Fletcher might volleyball the ball into the net again. Having said that I did watch the highlights of the game against Huddersfield and they do look good going forward so it will be tough so will be happy with a draw.

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

We will win, our promotion is written in the stars

Yes mate I like your confidence the stars are starting to align. We are winning games we probably shouldn't be. We haven't been in top gear but find ourselves top of the league. It feels good to be Norwich City fan

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

I think it will be a away game.

Just a friendly question Mr J "Canery" but any chance you're expert at potteries?

6 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Just a friendly question Mr J "Canery" but any chance you're expert at potteries?

I wondered if he came from Jaywick off t'telly... ...it's in Essex 

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I wondered if he came from Jaywick off t'telly... ...it's in Essex 

Have to say I did chuckle at his spelling with Canery. Maybe he's being 'ironic?'

20 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Have to say I did chuckle at his spelling with Canery. Maybe he's being 'ironic?'

In his second ever post? 

Binner!!

11 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Poteries?

I am dickslescick which inst to be larghed at.

1 hour ago, jaywick_canery said:

Poteries?

I am dickslescick which inst to be larghed at.

I think I'd prefer all those Chinese postings that used to invade this forum.

The presser for Stoke is a bit of a shocker.The next three or four weeks will be areal test for Norwich

An injury that takes 3 weeks, if it is accurate does means he will be out 4 or 5 weeks minimum.  Now the squad is limited to 15 experienced playing two games a week for the next 5 weeks it looks an impossible task to keep the momentum and we will fall away.  Any recruits in January will come too late to rescue this season.  Don't believe in miracles.

Bloody hell Pete. 😆

Responding to the question “how many points from the next four games” a little while ago I said 10. So we need to win tomorrow for that to happen and we will - Stoke 0 City 2 . And 4.- 1 v versus Coventry on Saturday. We do have to watch out for yellow and red cards as well as injuries though...