Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

POOR PLAYERS OR JUST POOR COACHING

Players regularly played out of position, dodgy systems, exposing formations etc etc....

Is is more a case that we actually have some GOOD players but also a coaching team which neutralises their best abilities, fails to play them in their strongest positions and demorilises them tactically?

In other words, under new management and with a couple of clearly missing links would our current set of players be doing much better.

I think so, look what we did with Ashton.

And for two seasons now I have been of the opinion that Worthington does not know what his strongest side is.

got to the nub of the problem again rude old.to a large extent, this is why i''ve lost faith in worthy as a manger over the last 2 seasons, i just don''t believe he''s made the step up in the getting the best out of the quality players he''s been working with.  make no mistake, he''s a gem at polishing up rough diamonds and getting average players to play above their station.  however, the same recipe obviously hasn''t worked with better players, finding out what makes them tick and getting their performances upto the required standard and above.  for an obvious example, this season jj looked shot to pieces before he went to plymouth, then within a week of being down there, he was getting motm performanaces, is it the country air down south, or clotting cream sarnies - who knows? but although not A1 he''s still looking better now than when he left.wuss goin on bor!