Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Quietly does it ....

Relatively low key summary of the win today today on EFL on Quest tonight.  Seemed more interested in Colin and of course their penalty than our rise to the top.  It seems us being top is a non-story.  

Edited by shefcanary

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Relatively low key summary of the win today today on EFL on Quest tonight.  Seemed more interested in Colin and of course their penalty than our rise to the top.  It seems us being top is a non-story.  

Nicely under the radar shef, let's get through till Christmas and see where we are. Our injuries are a cause for concern and I can see some bumps in the road ahead. Of course we should enjoy the moment but we've won nothing yet. OTBC.

30 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Would rather be under the radar than have all the media talking about thus pressure on

Think we have to accept, and embrace , that from now on we are going to be expected to be top or second . Very different from last time in the Championship. But please let’s not be scared of it . I hope it piles the pressure on the other teams , especially as I believe there’s more to come from us . Let the others do the worrying that there may only be one other automatic spot up for grabs . 💪💪 OTBC .

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would rather be under the radar than have all the media talking about thus pressure on

what radar ?

so you think other teams, managers and coaches aren't aware we are top - have not watched our games before they play us

similarly our players etc know we are top and the pressure that brings

this is professional football, not some primary school game where the aim is to creep up on another kid with being spotted

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If Rooney gets the Derby job we won’t have to worry too much about being in the spotlight.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Kathy said:

If Rooney gets the Derby job we won’t have to worry too much about being in the spotlight.

Is that Wayne Rooney who manages and plays for Wayne Rooneys Derby County managed by Wayne RooneyTM?

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is that Wayne Rooney who manages and plays for Wayne Rooneys Derby County managed by Wayne RooneyTM?

The same Wayne Rooney that may well need a job to pay for his wifes legal expenses and damages?...... never heard of him. 

On 22/11/2020 at 11:21, Bill said:

what radar ?

so you think other teams, managers and coaches aren't aware we are top - have not watched our games before they play us

Er, the media radar......

• Like 1

On 21/11/2020 at 21:33, shefcanary said:

Us being top isn't anything to write home about to the media, especially as we are doing it by not playing the best football.  Also, the match was not very entertaining and the only thing of interest to anyone other than Norwich or Middsbro supporters was the penalties - but if we start to fire on all cylinders and start to pull away at the top, we will get plenty of interest then.

15 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Us being top isn't anything to write home about to the media, especially as we are doing it by not playing the best football.  Also, the match was not very entertaining and the only thing of interest to anyone other than Norwich or Middsbro supporters was the penalties - but if we start to fire on all cylinders and start to pull away at the top, we will get plenty of interest then.

Can't agree, this is prime pre- transfer window territory. The media will be looking for juicy gossip to fill column inches for the next month, we may have held on to Aaron's and Emi over the summer but now, with the desperate dregs at the bottom of the Prem looking to top up their options for the run in, who are likely candidates to be of interest?

The media aren't going to be talking about some mid-table journeyman, they're looking for the next big thing, a'wizard' like Emi, with all the stats to back him up, playing for 'top of the Table' Norwich. (Regardless of how we're playing) will be just what they're looking for.

I agree with the original poster that the attitude of Quest is strange to say the least. I really couldn't care less what they think but if Liverpool had just gone top of the Premier League by winning away against a team in 7th place it would be first game on MOTD with endless platitudes. I suppose we should be grateful but as Bill has said, it's what the people that matter think that matters, but it is odd nevertheless. Have we upset them? 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I agree with the original poster that the attitude of Quest is strange to say the least. I really couldn't care less what they think but if Liverpool had just gone top of the Premier League by winning away against a team in 7th place it would be first game on MOTD with endless platitudes. I suppose we should be grateful but as Bill has said, it's what the people that matter think that matters, but it is odd nevertheless. Have we upset them? 

Well, maybe Quest have it right not to copy the boring and staid policy of the BBC in the way they approach their attitude to the top clubs.  The match was not a great match and they rightly imo found in other matches more entertainment to show viewers.  There will be plenty of time for praise and interest in our club this season by the media, but there are 23 other clubs in the division and we do not deserve top billing when the match we played to get to the top was not a good spectacle, not much goal action and decided on a penalty at either end.

21 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Indeed. At the end of the day we are not the biggest club in the world regardless of how much we wish we were. Only people that do indeed tend to care much about our match were us, Boro fans and prehaps a few fans of Champioship clubs in the top 6.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

You forgot our nosey neighbours, curtain twitching and cringing as we top the table. Must be sickening for them that we can leave players such as Leitner and Drmic out of our squad ...and still win games. 

to defend quest a little,  Murray regularly eulogises about the club and has praised us already this season.  It is a show trying to cover 72 clubs in 120 mins - I have no doubt that we will get plenty of attention soon enough.

It was a ground out game, relatively low in quality and  very few decent chances.  The rare double touch pen was the talking point of the game (well played quest for not getting drawn into the possible red card non debate).

Suspect we will see more of the stoke game where I fancy BTTS between two of the top 3 form teams.