Bill

are we missing Lewis and Godfrey ?

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Never mind missing Lewis and Godfrey...........where’ve you been Bill ? 🤨😉

In France,buying wine, came back In time for the RBL Poppy appeal.

• Haha 1

Does not surprise me at all both players were quite good with the ball but pretty naive without it and still got lots to learn.Watched Lewis last night on TV  one of the Chelsea goals he was way up the pitch because his attacking intentions far outweigh his defensive duties.Obviously you are punished more in the Premier  league but when we were promoted last time we usually out scored the opposition last season we struggled to score at all.Our defence is a tighter unit now.

The heavy beatings in the top league have definitely made us play in a slightly more conservative style. That’s no criticism though as the results are very welcome indeed. I’d expect to see more of the 18/19 way of playing soon enough especially at home. 

We can watch Ben this lunchtime. In the eleven facing Fulham. Like most ex-yellows (not all!), I hope he has a good game.

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

We miss Lewis more than Godfrey in this team. Lewis offers natural width and athleticism on the left side that Quintilla doesn't.

Hmm, watching MOTD last night he was again AWOL for one of Chelski's goals.  That side of his game has not disappeared.

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

We can watch Ben this lunchtime. In the eleven facing Fulham. Like most ex-yellows (not all!), I hope he has a good game.

Hmmm, didn't yet look particularly comfortable.  Gave away a penalty and interesting that the MOTD panel questioned communication at the back as a problem.  Plenty to learn for him yet.