Urgently seeking information about the marksman who shot Max Aarons in the penalty area this afternoon around 4.30🙂

Daniel Farke, who is Max's manager, said Max is a nice boy and he can't believe this has happened 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Urgently seeking information about the marksman who shot Max Aarons in the penalty area this afternoon around 4.30🙂

Daniel Farke, who is Max's manager, said Max is a nice boy and he can't believe this has happened 

This should get filed in  the Todd conspiracy theory file.  It was stick on penalty, even Boro commentary were saying it was a a stupid tackle in a daft place cos max was headed towards the corner flag.  

Much as I love Max and my club you need to look again. When you're running in a straight line do you dangle your foot out to one side? Good boy Max 🙄

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Much as I love Max and my club you need to look again. When you're running in a straight line do you dangle your foot out to one side? Good boy Max 🙄

Still a foul though isn't it? Max got the touch and the Middlesbrough player clattered into him.

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It was the most blatant penalty you'll see. Opponent sticks his foot in after the ball has gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sorry Dylan, but this post is nailed on ridiculous.

When even Neil Warnock concedes that it's a penalty against his own team then you know it is the most stonewall penalty of all time!

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Like 3

Both pens were abit unnecessary but many are - Max wasn’t headed towards goal but definitely fouled; we’ve had at least 4 not given (2 v Hudds and 2 v Bournemouth) away from home this season so I’m not going to complain when we are given one!

Just watched the highlights again because of this topic. I think their penalty was a lot softer than ours and Gibson carried on playing and must have been shocked it was given. 

Even Warnock didn't want to delve into this. 

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Just watched the highlights again because of this topic. I think their penalty was a lot softer than ours and Gibson carried on playing and must have been shocked it was given. 

Even Warnock didn't want to delve into this. 

I thought they were both stick-on pens, nothing 'soft' about either of them.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I thought they were both stick-on pens, nothing 'soft' about either of them.

Watched them both several times. Might have looked different if i watched the game in real time but there are some refs that wouldn't have given either.

There wasn't a ridiculous amount of contact in either, but i suppose they were both given which makes it fair. 

Just now, Chelm Canary said:

Watched them both several times. Might have looked different if i watched the game in real time but there are some refs that wouldn't have given either.

There wasn't a ridiculous amount of contact in either, but i suppose they were both given which makes it fair. 

No, I mean they weren't rank scything tackles or anything like that, but clear contact in both cases. If either hadn't have been given, the team in question would've had every right to feel mightily aggrieved.

4 hours ago, Taiwan Canary said:

I thought there was a good shout for handball just before we won our penalty.  

So did I. Plus the tackle on Kenny was at best very poor. 

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Great spot by the officials to chalk their penalty off, I didn’t notice the double touch in real time. 

I can’t see the double touch and I’ve seen several replays! Lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

I can’t see the double touch and I’ve seen several replays! Lol

I couldn't 'see' the double touch in real time either, bit I called it straight away because of the way he slipped and the ball left his foot (or should that be feet?)

As for the penalties, they were two clumsy tackles and no team could really complain about the decisions.