Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

This looks good doesn’t it?

Nice to see, but it means nothing if we don't follow up. On to the next one, and Stoke will be on a high after that one against Hudderfield.

Might have to have a little read of the Bournemouth, Watford, and Boro forums before waiting for the main event, ‘The Neil Warnock Post Match Seething Rage Conference’

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nice to see, but it means nothing if we don't follow up. On to the next one, and Stoke will be on a high after that one against Hudderfield.

That and only 3 point difference between 1st and 7th of course.

Need to keep it up, but zero complaints today

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Enjoy the moment, Gunny 😉👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Enjoy the moment, Gunny 😉👍

Absolutely, but also let's make sure our heads rule our hearts too.  It doesn't mean we're automatically going to storm the league, it doesn't mean we're going to win every game, it's a very hard-fought arm-wrestle against a side and manager known to turn matches into wars of attrition, and we held on to win.

But it's a nice place to be, twelve games in. I suspect that was quicker than many of us expected, myself included. I thought we'd start slowly, but that the results would take a bit longer to come.

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

But could also be knackered after having to fight for 90mins for every inch the ground out that win. If they had cruised to a win, fine, but conceding 3 and still winning... that's a rare feet. And they won't have too long to work on getting tighter at the back.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Absolutely, but also let's make sure our heads rule our hearts too.  It doesn't mean we're automatically going to storm the league, it doesn't mean we're going to win every game, it's a very hard-fought arm-wrestle against a side and manager known to turn matches into wars of attrition, and we held on to win.

But it's a nice place to be, twelve games in. I suspect that was quicker than many of us expected, myself included. I thought we'd start slowly, but that the results would take a bit longer to come.

My prediction was champions at the start of the season, and it could all come crashing down yet for sure, but I decided that after a truly awful year for everyone then this was the season I’m going to go out of my way to get fully carried away at every single opportunity - if it goes wrong then I’ll deal with the consequences afterwards buddy 😂

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

STOP THE COUNT!

WE WON!

Brilliant ha ha 😂

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Always go with what's in your heart 💛💚

Exactly Eddie, must be a very happy Edwards household today 😂, hope everyone is well 👍

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

But could also be knackered after having to fight for 90mins for every inch the ground out that win. If they had cruised to a win, fine, but conceding 3 and still winning... that's a rare feet. And they won't have too long to work on getting tighter at the back.

True, but so did we!

23 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Why does it mean nothing?

We've got 3 pts...nobody can take them away from us

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

My prediction was champions at the start of the season, and it could all come crashing down yet for sure, but I decided that after a truly awful year for everyone then this was the season I’m going to go out of my way to get fully carried away at every single opportunity - if it goes wrong then I’ll deal with the consequences afterwards buddy 😂

Brilliant ha ha 😂

Exactly Eddie, must be a very happy Edwards household today 😂, hope everyone is well 👍

All good thanks Alex 👍

Slight disappointment at 90+7 but we'd won by then🙃

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

True, but so did we!

True, but arguably a 4-3 result is a bit more of an emotional rollercoaster and having to dig deep on several occasions to get back on level terms then to take the lead and lose it, then to go two clear only to have one hauled back to see the end of the game played on a knife edge.

I wouldn't say it was so much like that for us today. We kept Middlesbrough largely at bay and limited to a few chances, they did largely the same to us. Not quite the back and forwards. But who knows.

19 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Why does it mean nothing?

We've got 3 pts...nobody can take them away from us

It means nothing if we don't follow up. Going top of the league is one thing. Staying there is another, and we've got to make damned sure we stay there. That's all.

12 minutes ago, chicken said:

True, but arguably a 4-3 result is a bit more of an emotional rollercoaster and having to dig deep on several occasions to get back on level terms then to take the lead and lose it, then to go two clear only to have one hauled back to see the end of the game played on a knife edge.

I wouldn't say it was so much like that for us today. We kept Middlesbrough largely at bay and limited to a few chances, they did largely the same to us. Not quite the back and forwards. But who knows.

I see the point and accept the emotional rollercoaster side of things, but would argue that our game was much more tense simply as there weren't too many chances so concentration had to be at a premium, which is also - counter-intuitive as it sounds - physically taxing.

Pleasing to see only two teams have conceded less goals than us. If we were to get promoted  again conceding less goals next time has to be a priority.

7 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Pleasing to see only two teams have conceded less goals than us. If we were to get promoted  again conceding less goals next time has to be a priority.

And that is quite a turnaround, not only from last season, but the season before.  Unbelievably a few lessons have been learned!  I for one am beginning to prepare to eat humble pie!  Good use of a Skipp'n'Rupp says I.

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:

And that is quite a turnaround, not only from last season, but the season before.  Unbelievably a few lessons have been learned!  I for one am beginning to prepare to eat humble pie!  Good use of a Skipp'n'Rupp says I.

But it was inevitable we would concede the past two seasons, we all had to accept that.   You can’t expect a defence with 3 kids in it (that’s what they were) to be impenetrable.   Even Christoph had to step up 3 levels, all learning the game with no experience.   With all the injuries around them and the most lightweight of central midfields not protecting them, if you look at it in cold light, they did a fabulous job....

Some might argue they shouldn’t have been playing, well they deserved their chance and as the club says, if they don’t play, how do they develop?   Without that game time, we don’t get £40m plus for Godfrey and Lewis!

Your point about Rupp / Skipp is very true... the main lesson learned, we needed some tenacity and energy in the centre of the park, something that Skipp in particular is providing and his role in these defensive stats is significant.  

• Like 2