44 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If Famewo continues in this form then we don't need the centre back that you mention. 

It would be Gibson and Famewo left side, Zimmermann and Hanley right back. 

The forthcoming liabilities were potential and a little ambiguous, they probably include fees that we'd have to pay for Gibson and Xavi if we succeeded in winning promotion this season. 

That said, I suspect if we do look for a striker it will be a loan with view to buy (or commitment to buy it we win promotion) unless we can magically get Drmic off the payroll in January.

The only part of the 'amounts falling due within one year' totalling £93m that we might not have to pay is £36m which is bonuses and additional transfer fees if we are promoted. The other £57m will be due before 30 June 2021. 

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sounds like you don't realise that Hugill and Idah are injured? 

So yes, people think Drmic may be a better option than the invisible man... we can't just have one striker.

It either has to be a kid from our youth team, Drmic or a free agent if there are any left. 

Er yeah I do realise that...Im just stating a fact, Drmic was utter rubbish, Farke has excluded him from his plans this season.. put 2 and 2 together..

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

Whilst we may be over 25% of the season - Hugill has only notched 300 minutes - I would say any judgement at this stage is definitely premature. Doesnt escape the fact that so far he hasn't really delivered.

You can only judge on what you see and fans are entitled to express those opinions, as long as those opinions are open to changing if the player improves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

You can only judge on what you see and fans are entitled to express those opinions, as long as those opinions are open to changing if the player improves.

Of course, I'm just saying don't be surprised if fans prematurely judging signings turn out to be wrong for the umpteenth time!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Of course, I'm just saying don't be surprised if fans prematurely judging signings turn out to be wrong for the umpteenth time!

I’m happy to say Hanley has totally proved my thoughts on him wrong, been outstanding this year.

But Hugill has no history of staying at any club for any period of time, as any player you want them to be super performers for us, but Hugil just has nothing about his game to suggest he’ll turn it around. We shall see.

40 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m happy to say Hanley has totally proved my thoughts on him wrong, been outstanding this year.

But Hugill has no history of staying at any club for any period of time, as any player you want them to be super performers for us, but Hugil just has nothing about his game to suggest he’ll turn it around. We shall see.

See? We're football fans. We're generally wrong compared to the professionals in the game, occasionally our different view will be right.

But even your post there, is basically saying..

"Hey guys, I was totally wrong about this player! So i'm going to prematurely judge the next one but this time i'll definitely be right!" 😉

• Haha 1

Hugill's absence of first touch on Sat would seem to be down to lack of confidence as first touch/control should definitely be in his locker, as it should any player at this level 

Hopefully that was his worst day at the office as it seems we will need him over the next 10 games. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing the first 45 of a few games over this heavy period to share the load with Pukki - It's probably better to have Pukki playing two games of 45 than playing 90 and then sitting out an entire game 

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

See? We're football fans. We're generally wrong compared to the professionals in the game, occasionally our different view will be right.

"Hey guys, I was totally wrong about this player! So i'm going to prematurely judge the next one but this time i'll definitely be right!" 😉

Having an opinion doesn't have to be a judgement, just because the opinion is negative. It kind of defeats the point of a forum.

Hugill may or may not be a decent shout, eventually.

He may or may not improve.

Either way, those commenting upon his performances so far have, for the most part,  a wealth of experience of previous City strikers to call upon and use as comparison.

From Hugh Curran, through to Robert Fleck, Kevin Drinkell, Justin Fashanu, Ted McDougall, Chris Sutton, Dean Ashton, Ewan Roberts and Grant Holt (with so many missed out.) it has to be asked if the £5m Jordan Hugill would come anywhere near this list. 

The answer is emphatically negative. 

Of course we all want him to 'click,' but we can only comment upon what we have seen at Carrow Road,  both as recently as last Saturday and going back some years.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Sorry Higgs, but Hanley had potential and was only 24 when we signed him from a premiership club! My thoughts on Hanley was he isn’t a premiership defender which hasn’t changed but he’s certainly benn a rock this year, brilliant performances in this championship challenge.

Hugill come at 28, no real proven track record, 14 clubs in 12 seasons and looks a pub player! He’d struggle to get into the the dog n duck starting 11 based on his norwich performances so far. So I’ll wait to be proven wrong, in fact I’ll pledge £2 for every league goal he scored between now and the end of this season! That’s how much I want him to succeed it’ll mean we have a better chance of promotion.......😉👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Having an opinion doesn't have to be a judgement, just because the opinion is negative. It kind of defeats the point of a forum.

Of course. Depends on the opinion thats branded about on here. Emi is a one season wonder, Vrancic is a league one player at best, Srbeny belongs down Sloughbottom Park, even just now, Hugill is a pub player.

It's those sort of opinions on here that generally, especially over the last 3 years, have ended up looking pretty stupid. I've never had an issue with people commenting on a players performance, unless it's one of those "seeing what you want to see" in which case i'll try and balance the argument.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Of course. Depends on the opinion thats branded about on here. Emi is a one season wonder, Vrancic is a league one player at best, Srbeny belongs down Sloughbottom Park, even just now, Hugill is a pub player.

It's those sort of opinions on here that generally, especially over the last 3 years, have ended up looking pretty stupid. I've never had an issue with people commenting on a players performance, unless it's one of those "seeing what you want to see" in which case i'll try and balance the argument.

Can’t recall anyone saying Emi is a one season wonder. 

There must SURELY be more that he has to offer, he showed enough at Preston to tempt West Ham into buying him, and managed 13 league goals for QPR last season. 

He can't be this poor, his first touch can't be that bad? 

I think he'll improve, needs a goal from open play for the confidence. 

As things stand he has looked like a Srbeny downgrade. 

Football fans are fickle though, bang in a late winner away from home and will soon all be forgotten.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, king canary said:

True, but I've seen him perform for other teams so I'm giving him time. After all I thought Kane and Bamford were rubbish at Norwich.....  LOL

Edited by paul moy

50 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

As things stand he has looked like a Srbeny downgrade. 

Srbeny is better technically and physically - I get that he wanted out, and fair play to him, but I think most of us assumed (I certainly did) that Hugill would be an upgrade. Not looking that way at all at the moment.

48 minutes ago, paul moy said:

True, but I've seen him perform for other teams so I'm giving him time. After all I thought Kane and Bamford were rubbish at Norwich.....  LOL

I can remember Hugill giving us nightmares when we played Preston a few years ago. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kirku said:

Srbeny is better technically and physically - I get that he wanted out, and fair play to him, but I think most of us assumed (I certainly did) that Hugill would be an upgrade. Not looking that way at all at the moment.

Doesnt help him that's injured until the new year either

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Doesnt help him that's injured until the new year either

Maybe longer. This thread now looks completely academic now, I doubt we'll see him play for NCFC again.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I can remember Hugill giving us nightmares when we played Preston a few years ago. 

And he's still giving us nightmares.

When he came to the club he made a lot of statements about his physicality and other strengths he brings to the team and his desire to show what he can do to prove West Ham wrong and prove that he can play in the Premier league. At the moment he is in same category as Naismith and RVW which were so bad the club suffered from those signings for several years afterwards. I think we paid just under 3 million for him but owe West Ham another 3 million if we make promotion. Surely it's better to cut our loses early sell him on and save having to waste another 3 million. West Ham paid 10 million and he played 22 minutes for them surely that should have been a red flag. 

The only other option I can see is he has a word with himself and conclude he must now make up for a lack of talent and work 5X harder to make this work for his sake and ours. You can't just float around the pitch and expect chances to come to you. Intelligent players like Messi and Pukki read the game which makes it look easy. Without that talent you have to work very very hard. I hope he does and fast