The game is still going on. Right now. 

im getting deja vu here... I’m getting “player slagged off during a game scores and OP runs for the hills” vibes

• Haha 1

Been absolutely hopeless so far, offering nothing. Pukki has to come on. I worry about the next 10 weeks with no Idah. Drmic looks a much better option than Hugill. 

• Like 2

Rooting for him, want him to click for us and do well in the next half

If on t’ other hand, Farke brings on Pukki now or later, that’s not a bad substitution and will welcome that too 

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

People just aren’t prepared to let the poor sod settle in FFS. Leave him be. 

Exactly. Strikers coming on and going off on one like Pukki are a rarity. Especially when he's clearly brought in to be a plan B!

New striker takes time to settle... shocker. He's proven to score goals at this level, he just needs to find form. Which he will. 

Stop slagging Hugill off, unless you haven't noticed we are a little bereft of strikers and if Pukki should god forbid succumb to any injury we shall be left with JH and may require a little confidence he won't get by reading on here.

Hugill reminds me of Iwan’s first season, he looked utterly lost, but look how he turned out.......saying that Hugill doesn’t look very good does he? But when a player has 14 clubs on his cv in 12 years you have to ask yourself why a Premiership relegated club bought him at 28 years old?

• Like 1

"Alas, a blow to his right shoulder midway through that opening period, allied to Boro’s intense pressing, left him a frustrated bystander.

He was withdrawn for the match-winner at the interval, with Farke suggesting after the game there may be ligament damage to his shoulder that will be assessed over the coming hours."

Pinkun, this evening

6 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

Does Hugill actually have any close ball control? 🤨

You won't get anywhere on here my friend asking a genuine question or having an opinion. Unless you big up one of our players even when he offers nothing to the team you will get slagged off. I'm really sorry but you have to accept mediocrity on here it's the law

Edited by Mullet

6 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

People just aren’t prepared to let the poor sod settle in FFS. Leave him be. 

Settle at what? The football pitch is the same as always and the ball is ball and his job is to kick that that ball in the net. He knew that before he came, its his job. Why do you not accept some people having a degree of expectations. Are you concerned Hugill will read this and get upset. I'm bloody upset because he needs to pull his finger out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

Settle at what? The football pitch is the same as always and the ball is ball and his job is to kick that that ball in the net. He knew that before he came, its his job. Why do you not accept some people having a degree of expectations. Are you concerned Hugill will read this and get upset. I'm bloody upset because he needs to pull his finger out

I find myself in the odd position of simultaneously agreeing that Hugill doesn't look very good at all, while also wanting to call you out on having an overly simplistic view of modern day football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I find myself in the odd position of simultaneously agreeing that Hugill doesn't look very good at all, while also wanting to call you out on having an overly simplistic view of modern day football. 

I know mate I'm getting frustrated by all the softly softly, oh he needs to settle in (he's been here since pre season) or he may have mental health issues or he doesn't fit our system I've never heard so many excuses for under achieving in my life. I like the bloke and I really hope he does well but come on the goal posts haven't moved. I don't want to be harsh but I'm a realist and if we rely on Hugill to score us goals to win us games it ain't gonna happen. Opps hush my mouth for speaking my mind 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

We're top of the league. 

Looks like we're going up again. 

I think you're right, the turn around is incredible. Imagine once Hernandez, Dowell, Josh Martin and Mumba start featuring regularly that will be exciting. With a serious contender to push Pukki for a place up front we would be awesome. Love the job Sorenson is doing whilst being played out of position big respect to the man for the contribution he is making. There are a lot of good players in that team 

11 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Omatoye on the bench next game?

I like your thinking another young and hungry lad ready to grab his chance. Can't wait to see that

• Like 1

the good news is there is money to strengthen in January

and if scoring might not be our strongest point then we don't look like we need to score a hatful to compensate for a previous sieve like defence

Struggled today although still occupied their defenders well and gave Stiepermann and Buendia that bit of space inbetween their midfield and defence so wasn't all bad. Have to remember hes a totally different style of player to Pukki

I'm struggling to understand why people on here think that Drmic will ever be considered to put on  a Norwich City shirt again, I thought the man was told he is not wanted by the club, so I cant see DF doing a u turn and asking him to play now for the main team

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kinggoblin said:

I'm struggling to understand why people on here think that Drmic will ever be considered to put on  a Norwich City shirt again, I thought the man was told he is not wanted by the club, so I cant see DF doing a u turn and asking him to play now for the main team

The classic case of a player who isnt playing suddenly becoming a better option when people were offering to drive him out of Norwich last season. Becchio anyone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spillay said:

The classic case of a player who isnt playing suddenly becoming a better option when people were offering to drive him out of Norwich last season. Becchio anyone?

more the fact that we are down to just Pukki as the striker options for a few games, if Drmic has stayed fit, he'd be useful off the bench at this level

4 hours ago, Mullet said:

You won't get anywhere on here my friend asking a genuine question or having an opinion. Unless you big up one of our players even when he offers nothing to the team you will get slagged off. I'm really sorry but you have to accept mediocrity on here it's the law

Give the guy a break everyone deserves time to settle , let's judge him in May fed

• Like 1

Beginning to rapidly lose faith in Hugill.

I had previously been in favour stating that, with such a player, you get what it says on the tin.

But as far as JH goes, and on recent displays I have cause to doubt that description.

For a target man we've not seen much of that product lately and there would seem to be much better examples of this kind of player floating around, even in L.1., to the extent that "stealing a living" springs to mind.

I hope it's a confidence thing because he must have more to his game than he has offered recently. We were a different side when Pukki came on and I came to the conclusion that Jordan Hugill and NCFC were not a particularly good fit.

I would love him to come good for his sake and for our team's prospects for the rest of the season. Suddenly we seem thin on strikers and I've lost track of the situations and various complications surrounding  Sinani and Soto. 

Drmic by all accounts should be a better prospect. We have learned by now that when players of a certain type (attitude, commitment problems?) get on the wrong side of Farke it's finito as far as our manager goes. Drmic might be a bit of a problem case, never quite clicked and, to boot, produced the worst exhibition of dead-ball delivery I ever recall seeing in any one game against ???? last season.

In the remote possibility of him being welcomed back into the fold he might well come good, between injuries, but we will have acted in desperation, imo.

Edited by BroadstairsR