Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Any dodgy you know what today ?

1 minute ago, daly said:

Looks a very dodgy site had 3 Russian brides want to move in with me within 10swconds

Radio Norfolk is safer

its absolutely fine been using it years, just add a poppup blocker to google chrome. all of these streaming sites are the same. 

Started well for 10 mins. Now flooded with adverts and back to Radio Norfolk. Unable to log on to I Follow !!

4 minutes ago, vos said:

Started well for 10 mins. Now flooded with adverts and back to Radio Norfolk. Unable to log on to I Follow !!

You did better than me, 2-3 mins max.

None of these streams, including iFollow, are any good.

• Like 1

It’s on ifollow.

Working for me (and a tenner to the club .... rather than ad revenue to Steve the Pirate... not that Steve doesn’t have a certain place in the food chain )

Speaking of ifollow, anyone know a trick to make the game appear full screen on a desktop? I’m prob missing something obvious

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

It’s on ifollow.

Working for me (and a tenner to the club .... rather than ad revenue to Steve the Pirate... not that Steve doesn’t have a certain place in the food chain )

Speaking of ifollow, anyone know a trick to make the game appear full screen on a desktop? I’m prob missing something obvious

I'm pretty sure that its not a tenner to the club - does anyone know just what percentage the club actually receives?

Only idle curiosity really as iFollow so rarely works for me that I've given up trying.

4 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I'm pretty sure that its not a tenner to the club - does anyone know just what percentage the club actually receives?

Only idle curiosity really as iFollow so rarely works for me that I've given up trying.

Ok - used a turn of phrase that needs some caveats.

Away club gets revenue from all but the first 500 passes purchased from its website (home team gets that revenue). Not sure what % of price that is but important to keep some cash coming to the club this year.

Sorry you’ve not got it to work, it took a few tries and much experimentation for me (might get expensive though). They do have a live chat troubleshooting support feature but only used it once and they never replied. Definitely work for Ifollow to do...

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

Ok - used a turn of phrase that needs some caveats.

Away club gets revenue from all but the first 500 passes purchased from its website (home team gets that revenue). Not sure what % of price that is but important to keep some cash coming to the club this year.

Sorry you’ve not got it to work, it took a few tries and much experimentation for me (might get expensive though). They do have a live chat troubleshooting support feature but only used it once and they never replied. Definitely work for Ifollow to do...

Thanks for that, interesting info on how the revenue is divied up.

I think when iFollow started up it was slightly surprising, but perhaps somewhat understandable, that there were teething problems but why on earth they haven't been ironed out by now........🙄

• Like 1

IFollow has been perfect every game so far, and its a revenue stream for the club. The forum mods should be closing these threads down, in all honesty.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

IFollow has been perfect every game so far, and its a revenue stream for the club. The forum mods should be closing these threads down, in all honesty.

Yeah I'm with you.

Streaming when the game isn't available to watch elsewhere is one thing, doing it whkle actively choosing to deprive the club you support of revenue is another thing entirely.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

It's basic stuff with ifollow I'm afraid, clear cache and browser history etc. Even switch off then on again and it should work ok.

Never had an issue with iFollow whenever I've used it. Decided against buying a pass today so listened to Radio Norfolk with Sky Sports News on with the volume down. Got to see all the EFL goals within seconds of them going in, will probably do the same for other away Saturday games. 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

It's basic stuff with ifollow I'm afraid, clear cache and browser history etc. Even switch off then on again and it should work ok.

I might give it another try at some point but as I was trying to suggest in my previous post, in 2020 should we really have to go back to basics like that to get a paid for stream working??

TBH I think my view of iFollow is coloured firstly by how poor it was when it was first launched and now, not only by the fact that they haven't sorted it out but also by the fact that they're covering these farcical games in empty stadiums.

I don't doubt for a minute that I could get it working if I really wanted to but when you sort out real IT problems for a living I'm afraid that whilst I'm still very interested in seeing how we get get on, I can't work up any enthusiasm for paying £10 and then doing the day job just to watch a glorified training game with zero atmosphere.

Of course @GenerationA47 made the fair very point that its practically almost the only way we can support the club at the moment  and I've no real answer to that other than even though I feel I should do my bit in that regard I really don't think at the moment I'm prepared to give up a Saturday afternoon & £10 to do it - in fact I'd rather pay them £5 a week to restream the equivalent real game in front of a crowd from two seasons ago on a platform that works properly 😀

Edited by Creative Midfielder

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I might give it another try at some point but as I was trying to suggest in my previous post, in 2020 should we really have to go back to basics like that to get a paid for stream working??

TBH I think my view of iFollow is coloured firstly by how poor it was when it was first launched and now, not only by the fact that they haven't sorted it out but also by the fact that they're covering these farcical games in empty stadiums.

I don't doubt for a minute that I could get it working if I really wanted to but when you sort out real IT problems for a living I'm afraid that whilst I'm still very interested in seeing how we get get on, I can't work up any enthusiasm for paying £10 and then doing the day job just to watch a glorified training game with zero atmosphere.

Of course @GenerationA47 made the fair very point that its practically almost the only way we can support the club at the moment  and I've no real answer to that other than even though I feel I should do my bit in that regard I really don't think at the moment I'm prepared to give up a Saturday afternoon & £10 to do it - in fact I'd rather pay them £5 a week to restream the equivalent real game in front of a crowd from two seasons ago on a platform that works properly 😀

Ifollow generally is crap for the reasons we've mentioned, the actual production compared with what we're accustomed to and the non existent customer service when things aren't as expected. 

The club does get an element of income from it though.

• Like 1

Ifollow has  , so far worked well for me, but of it didn't and I was sure it was not a connection/ equipment / broadband issue   , I'd complain  to the Club. I know it's not their problem per se but if enough complain  , they might feel  its wise to put pressure on ifollow  to  sort it.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Yeah I'm with you.

Streaming when the game isn't available to watch elsewhere is one thing, doing it whkle actively choosing to deprive the club you support of revenue is another thing entirely.

Paying £10 for a service and it being pot luck whether it works isn't a risk I'm prepared to take any more, especially when they refuse to give refunds when it fails.

And no, the problem isn't my connection before anyone asks, because I can stream Netflix, Amazon Prime and DAZN with no problems and iFollow often doesn't even load.

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Paying £10 for a service and it being pot luck whether it works isn't a risk I'm prepared to take any more, especially when they refuse to give refunds when it fails.

And no, the problem isn't my connection before anyone asks, because I can stream Netflix, Amazon Prime and DAZN with no problems and iFollow often doesn't even load.

I assume you're using a pc or laptop running either windows or osx? I'm not being patronising but its literally a web based plug in which requires no prerequisites than a modern browser that supports embedded html5 videos. Which Web browser do you use?

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I assume you're using a pc or laptop running either windows or osx? I'm not being patronising but its literally a web based plug in which requires no prerequisites than a modern browser that supports embedded html5 videos. Which Web browser do you use?

Chrome.

Like I said, it has no problem with any other streaming service, but iFollow has loads of problems. One time it even charged me in USD, and when I asked why, they accused me of using a VPN, which I've never done in my life!

19 hours ago, hogesar said:

Well I use Firefox unless there is a compelling reason to use a different browser (which there very rarely is) but I've certainly tried with both Chrome and IE to get iFollow working, maybe even Safari as well - I can't honestly remember. They were all consistently inconsistent

Its also worth pointing out that the problems aren't limited purely to the stream itself - this may well have been fixed now but in the early days actually buying a match pass was a major challenge which usually required multiple attempts - don't think I ever got to see the kick off on iFollow 🙄

31 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Well I use Firefox unless there is a compelling reason to use a different browser (which there very rarely is) but I've certainly tried with both Chrome and IE to get iFollow working, maybe even Safari as well - I can't honestly remember. They were all consistently inconsistent

Its also worth pointing out that the problems aren't limited purely to the stream itself - this may well have been fixed now but in the early days actually buying a match pass was a major challenge which usually required multiple attempts - don't think I ever got to see the kick off on iFollow 🙄

Not a massive reason in itself for most people, but Firefox doesn't use 'webkit' (I don't intend to patronise but not idea of your knowledge, so think of it as the browser 'engine'). 

Wtih Microsoft Edge now moving to webkit, Chrome & Safari already being webkit, I personally recommend chrome to people as I think that's becoming the 'standard' - i.e what Web Developers are likely to core focus on.

Re buying a match pass - I think they've simplified the process. I have my card details stored against my account - when you go to the canaries website within an hour of kick off, you're prompted with the option to buy the match pass then and there, two clicks and its done, with a 'watch live now' button at the end of it to take you straight to the stream.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hogesar said:

Me too. Not being very organised, I leave things to the last minute, or even beyond that, but every time it couldn’t have been any quicker or smoother. I use Firefox and leave close to my exchange, could there be a sensitivity to latency?

I can understand that it’s not going to be a smooth experience for everyone but now we are past the initial period where you could expect teething problems, I would expect their support to step up if you’re having problems.

The issue with ifollow is that it beggars belief that in 2020 we are having this discussion. Sorry, but we should be talking about the game not the standard of the broadcast service. There are a huge number of people who have no idea how their computer works and why should they?  I do but I haven't got the faintest idea how my car works. Those that know how to solve problems should stop being so condescending to those who don't and perhaps consider that although they don't understand their computer they may have skills that we don't. 

On 21/11/2020 at 21:55, wcorkcanary said:

Ifollow has  , so far worked well for me, but of it didn't and I was sure it was not a connection/ equipment / broadband issue   , I'd complain  to the Club. I know it's not their problem per se but if enough complain  , they might feel  its wise to put pressure on ifollow  to  sort it.

The club simply directs queries to ifollow. 

13 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The issue with ifollow is that it beggars belief that in 2020 we are having this discussion. Sorry, but we should be talking about the game not the standard of the broadcast service. There are a huge number of people who have no idea how their computer works and why should they?  I do but I haven't got the faintest idea how my car works. Those that know how to solve problems should stop being so condescending to those who don't and perhaps consider that although they don't understand their computer they may have skills that we don't. 

Whos been condescending?