cambridgeshire canary

'Cantwell missed swansea but is available for tommorow'

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But does Farke fib?

Maybe the answer is on Twinsta...

That's like asking whether he breathes, or poops, everybody tells the odd white lie now and again for the greater good. 

It's always been that way on here. Whatever we make our minds up is true, and even though we are in no position to know, if someone from our club says otherwise they're liars...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's like asking whether he breathes, or poops, everybody tells the odd white lie now and again for the greater good. 

The Greater Good! You must be part of the Sandford NWA......

• Like 1

I go by the local journo's as well. If Goreham says he has an injury, it's likely to be an injury.

Some folks are so desperate for their narrative to be correct they'll even suggest someone is lying to push it further.

It'll all come out in the wash, but you know, nothing like pitchforks and burning torches and trying to form an angry mob without any evidence whatsoever. You are all rather pathetic IMHO.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's not a Catholic Priest, he's allowed to tell a little white lie now and again if its in the clubs interests. 

Did so when saying that Srbeny had a knee injury.... bloke was starting for his new club in Germany a couple of days later. 

Surely if Farke's intention was to lie, he wouldn't declare Cantwell fit 24 hours before the game and make it look really obvious that he is lying about the made up injury the next day?

Considering as well on this very subject he was brutally honest about it earlier in the season about both Buendia and Cantwell not getting their heads' down in training. It doesn't seem to be in Farke's nature to be particularly political or tacful on topics such as this. 

And I just don't think the story makes any sense other than if we are to take it at face value. I think Cantwell's tweet absolutely confirms the situation as well - it sounds as though he is getting frustrated at the set backs!

I suppose we will have a better idea over the next few games but I'm certainly hoping we get to see him back in the fray. 

• Like 3

I’ve no particular problem with Cantwell, he obviously had a few largely self-inflicted issues earlier in the season which were annoying to say the least, but now seems to have gone on a run of niggly injuries. Hopefully he’ll be fit for midweek.

45 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's not a Catholic Priest, he's allowed to tell a little white lie now and again if its in the clubs interests. 

Did so when saying that Srbeny had a knee injury.... bloke was starting for his new club in Germany a couple of days later. 

Of course, but if he wanted to tell a little white lie he could have simply said on Friday he was still struggling to be fit for the game.

Instead, I think the logical, sensible and dare I say intelligent conclusion, is Cantwell probably did aggravate his hip injury in Fridays last training session, hence his tweet and Farke confirming exactly that.

There's a lot of looking for stuff that isn't there with Todd at the moment.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Some folks are so desperate for their narrative to be correct they'll even suggest someone is lying to push it further.

There are different types of lying. 

Some are intended to protect the subject. 

If Todd Cantwell was having mental health issues for example, as a previous poster speculated, would it be acceptable for Farke to tell people that he was suffering from mental health issues in a press conference, if Cantwell himself didn't want that to be common knowledge? And what would he say instead? Physical injury perhaps? 

What about a miscarriage? Or a parent having cancer? Or a health problem like crones? Would Farke be at liberty to share that sort of stuff publicly if it happened to a player... without their prior blessing? I don't think so, and that's why it is silly to assume that white lies are never used to keep certain things private. 

As I said, i'm just running with "injured" and really hope to see him back soon.

But I don't think it would be unacceptable at all for a white lie / half truth to come out of Farke's mouth in some circumstances. That was my only point about white lies (rather, I actually said it is pointless speculating). 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If Todd Cantwell was having mental health issues for example, as a previous poster speculated, would it be acceptable for Farke to tell people that he was suffering from mental health issues in a press conference, if Cantwell himself didn't want that to be common knowledge? And what would he say instead? Physical injury perhaps? 

What about a miscarriage? Or a parent having cancer? Or a health problem like crones? Would Farke be at liberty to share that sort of stuff publicly if it happened to a player... without their prior blessing? I don't think so, and that's why it is silly to assume that white lies are never used to keep certain things private. 

As I said, i'm just running with "injured" and really hope to see him back soon.

But I don't think it would be unacceptable at all for a white lie / half truth to come out of Farke's mouth in some circumstances. That was my only point about white lies (rather, I actually said it is pointless speculating). 

Sorry I probably wasn't clear. I totally agree with everything you're saying but in this case I dont think the timeline of events suggest any white lie at play right now 

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sorry I probably wasn't clear. I totally agree with everything you're saying but in this case I dont think the timeline of events suggest any white lie at play right now 

I was replying to Chicken.

I do see where you are coming from, and I'd lean towards it being true. Just hope the fella is back soon personally as I'd like to see him in that number 10 spot (although Placheta probably in need of some rotation after those internationals!) 

But if I wanted to be really awkward for the sake of it and run with the other posters mental health speculation, I could say that he might have trained all week then had a panic attack on the morning of the game 😜

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

9 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Waste of time...others might be gullible but not me, he doesnt want to be here

First it was Farke doesn’t rate him and therefore doesn’t want him, now it’s Todd that ‘doesn’t want to be here’. 

Be interested on your take now that both Farke and Cantwell have since spoken out. Still think we’re all gullible?

Chicken has it absolutely spot on for me, plus a lot of sense also from Hogesar, Teemu etc 👍

49 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

First it was Farke doesn’t rate him and therefore doesn’t want him, now it’s Todd that ‘doesn’t want to be here’. 

Be interested on your take now that both Farke and Cantwell have since spoken out. Still think we’re all gullible?

Chicken has it absolutely spot on for me, plus a lot of sense also from Hogesar, Teemu etc 👍

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

I mean hes specifically talked on social media about wanting to get back and playing for us etc so this rubbish about wantaway is just that, rubbish. Unless we are all labelling Emi the 

50 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

...he's not from the Bert Trautmann school of playing through these 'injuries'

Strange how so many of these injuries occur in the very last training sessions before a game.

...said it before...wouldnt want him next to me in the trenches.

Doesnt want to be here...and even when he was last 'fit' was on. the bench

Get Dowell and Hernandez back in January and I suspect the management wouldnt be sorry to cash in and get rid

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Strange how so many of these injuries occur in the very last training sessions before a game.

Get Dowell and Hernandez back in January and I suspect the management wouldnt be sorry to cash in and get rid

There’s something not quite right but all will be clearer soon enough. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

There’s something not quite right but all will be clearer soon enough. 

True. There's little information emanating from Carrow Road at the moment, which doesn't help.

Speculation runs riot and we are left to surmise either the spiteful envy of the Twitterati or the andropausal utterances of the forum brigade.

Todd Cantwell being the perfect candidate for criticism from both ends of the spectrum and, at his age, the brave face he has put on with regards to this torrent of abuse must hide a multitude of hurts.

True, he tends to ask for some of it but, for the most part, I feel that we will come to regret the day that this youngster was hounded from our club. An outcome which becomes increasingly likely by the week.

He seems to get more social media coverage than the rest of the squad put together, and I include the PinkUn in this. His young shoulders are probably wilting under the burden. That this may have contributed towards his prolonged absence seems largely unappreciated.

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I really hope Todd isn't spending an unhealthy amount of time with ugly old women. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This thread was bad enough already without you bringing religion into it😂

For me I don’t care about the speculation, Steipermann is not the answer we need him back as either number ten or move Buendia inside Placheta over and Cantwell left.

He’s an exceptional player with bags of talent as shown last year in the top flight, everything should be done to support, nurture and focus Cantwell by all our club.

We need him back in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Indy said:

For me I don’t care about the speculation, Steipermann is not the answer we need him back as either number ten or move Buendia inside Placheta over and Cantwell left.

He’s an exceptional player with bags of talent as shown last year in the top flight, everything should be done to support, nurture and focus Cantwell by all our club.

We need him back in.

Totally agree!

Rather than anyone allegedly lying....maybe someone (or some folk) are just (PoliticO SpeaK) being slightly economical with the truth?......

10 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

So, that’s a yes then. It could be that you’re correct though personally I don’t believe these conspiracy theory views about fake injuries etc at all. 

Fortunately, it doesn’t look anything more serious than he just can’t catch his break and has just been unlucky with some niggles. I don’t think it would even be called into question if it was a player that hadn’t had intense transfer speculation about himself as these things happen to players so why not Todd. I think people are desperately looking for something that isn’t there.

Our best hope of retaining players is to make them feel happy here. If he gets sold in January I’m sure you will be your insistent self that it’s because he’s a bad egg and Farke doesn’t rate him. I would say if that scenario happened then it’s far more likely we would feel more obliged to sell purely as his contract is running down and it might be the last chance to cash in if he’s not going to sign a new contract (which some element of the support really hasn’t helped with in all brutal honesty).

Finally, there’s his family to consider. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re totally fed up seeing their boy get dogs abuse. It must affect them, in fact you can be sure it does, which of course would have a knock on effect and would therefore naturally affect Todd also. You could hardly blame them if they were feeling that they’d like to see him move on. 

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

True, he tends to ask for some of it but, for the most part, I feel that we will come to regret the day that this youngster was hounded from our club. An outcome which becomes increasingly likely by the week.

What?!!! You what?!!

He tends to ask for some of it? How? Where? When? Have you seen what people are criticising and claiming he is "asking for it" for?

Sorry that is quite sickening and comes from the same school as other quite toxic points of view.

10 minutes ago, chicken said:

What?!!! You what?!!

He tends to ask for some of it? How? Where? When? Have you seen what people are criticising and claiming he is "asking for it" for?

Sorry that is quite sickening and comes from the same school as other quite toxic points of view.

No chance you over-reacting to a simple statement then.

I'm a TC fan and have made my opinion of the criticism of him quite clear. However, I do feel that he does himself no favours at times.

I like his confidence, his individuality, his expressions of youth and his style but feel that he could do with spending less time on Twitter none-the-less.

The continuing controversy that seems to surround him hasn't been created out of nothing.

Edited by BroadstairsR

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I can't agree, sorry. This is just using ones imagination to try and justify a point of view again. Hogesar has it bang on whether you wanted him to reply to your response to me or not, it doesn't make his points any less relevant. And he aptly answers them. However a couple of things.

We have had players unavailable for selection due to "personal reasons", including Tettey I believe. We have had players unavailable for selection because of "family reasons". We have had players unavailable due to the birth of a child etc.

So there are many already existing terms that the club has used both before and during Farke's time at Norwich. It makes absolutely no sense to lie about an injury, especially when said injury isn't new.

It's funny how if Farke was to tell a little white lie it is to be about making excuses for a players attitude or anything else but the actual white lie could have been that he knew Cantwell wasn't going to be fit but wanted to play mind games with Warnock so he didn't know who to expect to be playing. Note that in the same presser he said there were some players who returned later than expected from international duty but didn't say who. I would suspect that Pukki was one which is why he didn't start the game. But you don't want to announce your best striker is unlikely to start do you?

So add that to Hogesar's absolutely logical approach, this really isn't anything more than people with a very nasty, very toxic vendetta.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

No chance you over-reacting to a simple statement then.

I'm a TC fan and have made my opinion of the criticism of him quite clear. However, I do feel that he does himself no favours at times.

I like his confidence, his individuality, his expressions of youth and his style but feel that he could do with spending less time on Twitter none-the-less.

Nope, that last bit proves it quite frankly.

So if you spend too much time on twitter you are "asking for it" then?

I work with young folks, 16-18 year olds. And have done for quite some time. Social media to them is just part of life. Those from older generations won't agree, in the same way that Rock and Roll was originally seen as too sexualised. Or that computer games would rot the brains of the youth, or that punk was too rebellious and would mislead the youth and insight violence in them etc.

The use of twitter does not qualify as someone "asking for it". I couldn't give a monkeys if you are a fan of Cantwell or not. You've expressed a bigger opinion at this point.

However, for what it's worth. When all of this stink kicked off about social media, I had a look. His Instagram/twitter is no different to Maddison's, Godfrey's, Aaron's and other players he would have come through the system with. So on that basis they are all "asking for it".

• Like 1