cambridgeshire canary

'Cantwell missed swansea but is available for tommorow'

43 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes of course i forgot you had confirmation from a Twatter post.

Err yes... confirmed on 'twatter', Todd Cantwell's actual account to be precise.

You'd think him coming out and becrying his recent luck with injuries would be enough evidence to confirm his recent luck with injuries...

Or is he in on the made up knock too? 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Err yes... confirmed on 'twatter', Todd Cantwell's actual account to be precise.

You'd think him coming out and becrying his recent luck with injuries would be enough evidence to confirm his recent luck with injuries...

Or is he in on the made up knock too? 

Did you expect him to post something other than that ?

I don’t understand the need for people to indulge in conspiracy theories but each to his own I guess.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There is something wrong with the whole situation since the summer break.

And like the many other conspiracy theorists, there is yet any evidence to support that.

So far all we have is people suggesting Farke is lying.

All it is starting to look like is a bunch of very badly placed attitudes with a vindictive streak about one of our players wanting their to be an issue so they can be justified in slagging him off.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes of course i forgot you had confirmation from a Twatter post.

Nope. But keep trying, as you seem so desperate to do so 😅😅😅

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Did you expect him to post something other than that ?

You do realise he also has the option of not posting at all don't you? Unless you think the club forced him to post it too? But assuming you would agree that the club definitely did not force him to do anything:

Why on earth would he lie too? What does he benefit from it? 

I agree that the nature of him being available / unavailable and picking up little niggly knocks has seemed plenty suspicious - but the actions of Farke and now Cantwell have given me comfort it has indeed been injury issues. 

Why would Farke say he was fully available and then drop him if it was all a cover up? Surely he could've just stuck with the fact he was still injured and save face? 

There isn't an understandable answer for any of those questions... unless of course it is the truth? 

• Thanks 2

His twitter post doesn't actually say he is injured, only that he isn't getting any luck. We named 2 GKs on the bench which suggests Cantwell travelled to Boro but for some reason wasn't fit to make the squad or even warm the bench. Fair enough. I'm not bothered if he plays or not, he's a want away player so arguably not the future.  

I was a huge fan of Todd last season so not a hater, and would like him to do well this season, but it all seems a bit strange. 

Placheta actually did ok today, and provides more cover for Sorensen, so no guarantee Todd would start anyway now.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

His twitter post doesn't actually say he is injured, only that he isn't getting any luck. We named 2 GKs on the bench which suggests Cantwell travelled to Boro but for some reason wasn't fit to make the squad or even warm the bench. Fair enough. I'm not bothered if he plays or not, he's a want away player so arguably not the future.  

I was a huge fan of Todd last season so not a hater, and would like him to do well this season, but it all seems a bit strange. 

Placheta actually did ok today, and provides more cover for Sorensen, so no guarantee Todd would start anyway now.

But I don't feel like he would describe not being picked as 'luck' 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

he's a want away player

Is that a fact. Or is it a rumour? Would be nice to have the actual truth. 

• Like 1

This is embarrassing, bordering on bullying a young lad. Leave him alone, I say. If he leaves, so be it. He has done well and good luck to him.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Could not agree more but one or two around here will be desperate to think otherwise of my view.

He should be ok for the next match. He had a slight hip problem Friday and they had to make a decision late.

No problem with him and I think he will need to play his part. Rupp is doubtful ....likewise Hugill with shoulder ligament.

Edited by sonyc
Had not has
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I mean hes specifically talked on social media about wanting to get back and playing for us etc so this rubbish about wantaway is just that, rubbish. Unless we are all labelling Emi the same.

So are the people querying Todd's fitness saying they would rather he played when he wasn't 100% fit just to prove he wants to play and then watch him come off after 30 minutes and be out for six weeks?

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Whose Pinkun account have you hacked? 🤣

😅😅

What's all the fuss about with Cantwell? 

Farke doesn't fancy him at the moment, and I for one agree. He has better options currently, and utilising them to good effect, as demonstrated by our recent form. 

This obsession with Cantwell is well over the top. He's a decent championship player that currently isn't good enough to get into an on form championship side. 

Leave it at that?

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

What's all the fuss about with Cantwell? 

Farke doesn't fancy him at the moment, and I for one agree. He has better options currently, and utilising them to good effect, as demonstrated by our recent form. 

This obsession with Cantwell is well over the top. He's a decent championship player that currently isn't good enough to get into an on form championship side. 

Leave it at that?

I mean even that's not true. Farkes interview suggests if Cantwell was fit he'd have at least been in the squad today.

Hes also one of our best players rather than just a decent championship player, but thats another topic.

Quickly get along to Norwich Airport and see if Todd's limping as he alights from the team's chartered jet that's just landed from Teesside.....

5 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

Who really cares about if he is not in the starting line-up or on the bench? We are doing just fine without him, and actually maybe our upturn in form since he has been completely out of the side is not a coincidence...bad apples in the dressing room and all that.

Have him train with the under 23s and then cash in in January - we don't need him.

That’s all hypothetical 

Personally would prefer him to be with us as last season proved  he is a quality player who can open up defences 

Edited by daly

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean even that's not true. Farkes interview suggests if Cantwell was fit he'd have at least been in the squad today.

Hes also one of our best players rather than just a decent championship player, but thats another topic.

Farke isn't playing him and there's no injury. He doesn't fancy him, that's the bottom line. 

7 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Farke isn't playing him and there's no injury. He doesn't fancy him, that's the bottom line. 

No. That isn't the bottom line. That's absolute rubbish unless you are accusing Farke of being a liar?

8 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

I mean. There is an injury. Confirmed by Farke himself.

6 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I would not be entirely surprised if Todd's having - I don't want to go as far as to say a breakdown as obviously I'm only a fan from two hundred miles away, but I wonder with some of his tweets and the recent one re. online bullying if he's actually having a few problems in mental health terms and is feeling a bit shaky. If so, sympathy really should be order of the day.

At the same time, this is only a guess from my end, and it could be utterly wrong.

That thought has crossed my mind, and I said as much the other day, although could be any one of a number of other things including these injuries being genuine. 

Also wondered whether he's struggling due to something else in his personal life. like a close relative being sick. But you know, we could sit any play these guessing games all day and that's how baseless rumours start. I've already heard that he's failed a drugs test from one numpty, and that he's preparing himself to come out as gay from another. 

I'll just go with him actually being injured, and hope that he's back in the side soon. Could be the number 10 we need (or it could allow Buendia to show that he's the number 10 we need, with Cantwell out wide). 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Must have missed that then. The last news I read was that he trained all week and was ready to come back into the squad today. 

I’d have thought that if he was fit he would have played instead of Placheta who had two games during the international break for Poland. Oh well, wish him the best of luck overcoming his issue - whatever it is. 

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He's not a Catholic Priest, he's allowed to tell a little white lie now and again if its in the clubs interests. 

Did so when saying that Srbeny had a knee injury.... bloke was starting for his new club in Germany a couple of days later. 

• Like 1