cambridgeshire canary

'Cantwell missed swansea but is available for tommorow'

I would not be entirely surprised if Todd's having - I don't want to go as far as to say a breakdown as obviously I'm only a fan from two hundred miles away, but I wonder with some of his tweets and the recent one re. online bullying if he's actually having a few problems in mental health terms and is feeling a bit shaky. If so, sympathy really should be order of the day.

At the same time, this is only a guess from my end, and it could be utterly wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I would not be entirely surprised if Todd's having - I don't want to go as far as to say a breakdown as obviously I'm only a fan from two hundred miles away, but I wonder with some of his tweets and the recent one re. online bullying if he's actually having a few problems in mental health terms and is feeling a bit shaky. If so, sympathy really should be order of the day.

Nah, let's all jump to conclusions and slate him. Much easier than reserving judgement due to a lack of information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Nah, let's all jump to conclusions and slate him. Much easier than reserving judgement due to a lack of information.

Wait, you mean people just dive in and spout stuff without informing themselves beforehand?

*jaw drops...

THIS. EXPLAINS. SO. *B-L-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-P* MUCH!!! 😳

Who really cares about if he is not in the starting line-up or on the bench? We are doing just fine without him, and actually maybe our upturn in form since he has been completely out of the side is not a coincidence...bad apples in the dressing room and all that.

Have him train with the under 23s and then cash in in January - we don't need him.

It’s probably wiser to be ‘gullible’ than, without knowing he facts, accuse them of something we don’t factually know to be true.

Coincidences happen and it could be anything from a mere stomach bug to another illness, to something far more serious such as a close family member etc who’s been battling a terminal illness recently taking a turn for the worse overnight. Any of these are a possibility that could also just happen to occur after a difficult end to the transfer window. Life doesn’t stand still during either good or bad periods of your time on this planet.

I know some people love the sense of being ‘right’ and ‘smart’, and perhaps they are correct in their assumption (and if they are then whoopee do, because it’s really important!), but without knowing for sure, I’d rather be a fool than someone who in time ultimately makes themselves look a real idiot for speculating in a trivial manner over a matter that could prove in time to be anything but trivial.

Whatever it is, personally, I just hope Todd’s ok. He seems a good kid to me. There are bigger more important things in life than football. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Who really cares about if he is not in the starting line-up or on the bench? We are doing just fine without him, and actually maybe our upturn in form since he has been completely out of the side is not a coincidence...bad apples in the dressing room and all that.

Have him train with the under 23s and then cash in in January - we don't need him.

Nice set of assumptions there. When he's fit he will be playing for us.

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

"When he's fit" 😂

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farke stated he was fit in yesterday's press conference.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Farke stated he was fit in yesterday's press conference.

And since been confirmed he picked up a small knock since.

• Like 1

Ah, hopefully it was just a little one. It is the most logical conclusion, especially as he was coming off some hip trouble.

And there you go. Didn’t think Farke, after everything that happened around the end of the transfer window, would be setting himself up by saying Todd was fine for no reason. That wouldn’t make any sense at all. Let’s hope he catches a break for Stoke 👍

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

And since been confirmed he picked up a small knock since.

Is it the same little knock he had a couple of weeks ago before the international break or a new little one since yesterday's statement from Farke ?

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is it the same little knock he had a couple of weeks ago before the international break or a new little one since yesterday's statement from Farke ?

A new one presumably. If you're that bothered I'm sure Farke will confirm for those who are struggling in a little while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

A new one presumably. If you're that bothered I'm sure Farke will confirm for those who are struggling in a little while.

Yes of course i forgot you had confirmation from a Twatter post.

Did chuckle that Todd accidentally tweeted ‘But I’m trying all I can’t to be back as soon as possible’ 😂

• Like 1

The knock was reported on pinkun at 2.45pm.

Not really bizarre that a player can be injured within 24 hours, especially when Quintilla got injured in the warm up. 

Just an excuse for so called fans to have a go - that really is bizarre

• Like 6

1 minute ago, curious yellow said:

The knock was reported on pinkun at 2.45pm.

Not really bizarre that a player can be injured within 24 hours, especially when Quintilla got injured in the warm up. 

Just an excuse for so called fans to have a go - that really is bizarre

That means Quintilla wants to go to Leeds, I’m not falling for that one 

• Haha 2

The matchday squad was announced at 2pm and he weren't in it. So sometime between yesterday's presser and 2pm Cantwell got a little knock.

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The matchday squad was announced at 2pm and he weren't in it. So sometime between yesterday's presser and 2pm Cantwell got a little knock.

Remember Argos getting Injured  going upstairs? Shoite happens. Doesn't take much for an athlete  to upset their recovery  from a  previous injury . Maybe we should pump him full of steroids so that he can play but cant walk by the time ges fifty, you know, make a real man out of him, like in the old days.

Edited by wcorkcanary

35 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes of course i forgot you had confirmation from a Twatter post.

Confirmation from Farke and Radio Norfolk Til.

Need to step back on this one chap.

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Or it could be that it was looking good yesterday and not progressed as well today. Goreham suggested they decided not to risk him. To be fair, with Martin on the bench and Buendia and Placheta on the pitch it probably isn't worth risking him. A lot of games coming up, better to rest players should we have the luxury to do so rather than rush them in.

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

Confirmation from Farke and Radio Norfolk Til.

Need to step back on this one chap.

There is something wrong with the whole situation since the summer break.