Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Don't just throw money at our problems.

You don''t solve a problem JUST by throwing money at it.

A good manager ''finds'' players before they find high transfer fees.

Let''s not simply throw good money after bad and let''s stop throwing money away on loans because we cannot build a squad.

Excellent post, couldn''t agree more. We have strikers who are capable in this division, I would only spend the money on a right sided player as we have looked lopside for a couple of years now with our total realience on Hucks. This season is done, we all know this. The summer is the time to assess what needs to be done to the squad rather than a whole bunch of panic buys on inflated prices.

I have to admit Mcsheffrey did look the business on Saturday.

I would agree with that rude old.  I see no point in throwing money around at this stage as it would take an amazing change of fortunes for us to even make 6th place.  A right sided midfielder is all I would like to see to balance the side out and look at spending the rest in the summer when there is more time to do business.

This is not a moan at the board or Worthy but I would love to know if they have been doing anything over the last 3 weeks.  Doncaster said that they had been in talks with West Ham for 2 weeks before the Ashton deal was agreed, for me any potential targets should have been scouted and even bid for in that time.

I kind of agree about spending over the odds, but the present squad is thin to say the least and at this stage of the season the probability of relegation, albeit low, is not a forgone conclusion - plus there''s the morality of players struggling in the lower reaches.

I''d have prefered to see 2 - 3 quality signings bought in, giving the team the remaining games to gel and hopefully finish in the top half of the division putting us in good stead for a realistic promotion push next season. 

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

I would agree with that rude old.  I see no point in throwing money around at this stage as it would take an amazing change of fortunes for us to even make 6th place.  A right sided midfielder is all I would like to see to balance the side out and look at spending the rest in the summer when there is more time to do business.

This is not a moan at the board or Worthy but I would love to know if they have been doing anything over the last 3 weeks.  Doncaster said that they had been in talks with West Ham for 2 weeks before the Ashton deal was agreed, for me any potential targets should have been scouted and even bid for in that time.

[/quote]

we had certainly enquired about Jerome and Mcsheffrey during this time ( and maybe Gray [;)] ) . So i think they are looking.