Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

George Burley IS STILL BETTER than Worthy

Agree with him or not, that''s a bit out of order mate.

Personally, as a daily reader and non-poster, I enjoy a lot of his comments and think this board would lose something if he was to leave. The same can be said of a few others.

One love. NCFC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Burley

My favourite bit is the last:

Apollon Limassol

On 10 May 2012, Burley was appointed as manager of Cypriot side Apollon Limassol. He was sacked after two games in charge.

[quote user="ron obvious"] On 10 May 2012, Burley was appointed as manager of Cypriot side Apollon Limassol. He was sacked after two games in charge.[/quote]

Blimey not even time to start a campaign to drive the sod out ! [:D][:P]

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]That''s the way it looks, amazing that one poster can actually cause such a reaction from what look like the old guard[/quote]More amazing that we have so many new posters who seem to be well acquainted (and well interested) in how other people use the message board rather than wanting to talk about football, which is presumably what most people join this board to do.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Doctorsleep"]That''s the way it looks, amazing that one poster can actually cause such a reaction from what look like the old guard[/quote]More amazing that we have so many new posters who seem to be well acquainted (and well interested) in how other people use the message board rather than wanting to talk about football, which is presumably what most people join this board to do.[/quote]perhaps these new posters find it unusual for a thread to get dragged up from 10 years ago for no other reason then to harrass another poster ?in the cold light of day it is strange obsessive behaviour don''t you think?perhaps these new posters think that''s what this message board is all about so "when in rome"  [:D]

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Doctorsleep"]That''s the way it looks, amazing that one poster can actually cause such a reaction from what look like the old guard[/quote]More amazing that we have so many new posters who seem to be well acquainted (and well interested) in how other people use the message board rather than wanting to talk about football, which is presumably what most people join this board to do.[/quote]perhaps these new posters find it unusual for a thread to get dragged up from 10 years ago for no other reason then to harrass another poster ?in the cold light of day it is strange obsessive behaviour don''t you think?perhaps these new posters think that''s what this message board is all about so "when in rome"  [:D] [/quote]Well, firstly the thread was dragged up from 10 years ago by "Mungo Lloyd" who has 6 posts to his name and joined the board on October 2nd.  Given any thread at the top of the board draws attention, what follows is unsurprising.Pretty crap OP though - Burley better than Worthington, and we should bring back Mike Walker?  If I needed a skip delivering, maybe.

mungo lloyd who miraculously appeared in the middle of a wiz bashing thread when his usual persecutors were getting a hammering?what follows is unsuprising, but lots of posters were quite enthusiastic about glenn roeder in the early days you don''t see those posts being dragged up, and i am sure even you have made the odd bad call on here mr chops ?i have taken the p1ss out of wiz on many occasions we were going to meet up in lowestoft once so i could insult him to his face but when i suggested the bank stores pub down commercial road and told him i was a gypsy bare knuckle fighter he couldn''t make it [;)]but i''ll take wiz any day over some of the obsessed lunatics on here who make it there buisness to hound him...next week i will be calling him all sorts but the day after it will be forgotten not fester on for years, some people on here really are wierdhe''s an eccentric slightly annoying poster on a message board not a nazi war criminal on trial  [:D]

[quote user="im spartacus"]mungo lloyd who miraculously appeared in the middle of a wiz bashing thread when his usual persecutors were getting a hammering?what follows is unsuprising, but lots of posters were quite enthusiastic about glenn roeder in the early days you don''t see those posts being dragged up, and i am sure even you have made the odd bad call on here mr chops ?[/quote]Well yes.  More than the odd bad call, to be honest.  But you must accept that starting a thread preferring the Ipsh*t boss to the Norwich boss on a City message board, and in the season we went up as champions, is either a cry for attention or the act of a buffoon?[quote user="im spartacus"]he''s an eccentric slightly annoying poster on a message board not a nazi war criminal on trial  [:D][/quote]On that, we can more or less agree... though I''d swap "slightly" for "incredibly" and "poster" for "arsehole".

I enjoy reading the football threads, the behaviour of a few of you is also fascinating to me, should I wish to comment on this I will.