Alex Moss

Idah and Mumba out until February

1 hour ago, Clint said:

I’ve said they’re long term, literally in the first sentence.

Apologies Clint but as the thread is about Mumba and idah i jumped in when i spotted the wording short term.

2 hours ago, Clint said:

My immediate thoughts with all these long term injuries and the re-introduction of 5 subs is that it could pave the way for Drmic or Leitner to return.

Are they in the squad? I didn't think they were - in which case would we be able to add them atm?

53 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Interesting thought. I still feel Drmic can do a job for us at this level if we gave him a run of games.  From what I’ve seen of Hugill I’d be inclined to give Drmic a chance sooner rather than later but that’s not going to happen until Hugill has had a fair crack of the whip. 

It is interesting indeed, Jersey. When was the last player we had brought back in from the cold under Farke? I don’t mean a couple of week later, I mean a player that got banished to the U23’s for months on end and came back in? I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head, and I’m not sure that’s ever happened during Daniel’s regime, but perhaps another poster will remember one?!

I would imagine Tyrese would come in on the bench tomorrow perhaps, more likely than Drmic? (Has he even got a squad number?), but you never know. I do feel in a better environment with a team that are challenging at the top of the table, then Drmic could come good. People wrote off Rupp too way to early, now look at him.

Edited by Alex Moss

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

It is interesting indeed, Jersey. When was the last player we had brought back in from the cold under Farke? I don’t mean a couple of week later, I mean a player that got banished to the U23’s for months on end and came back in? I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head, and I’m not sure that’s ever happened during Daniel’s regime, but perhaps another poster will remember one?!

I would imagine Tyrese would come in on the bench tomorrow perhaps, more likely than Drmic? (Has he even got a squad number?), but you never know. I do feel in a better environment with a team that are challenging at the top of the table, then Drmic could come good. People wrote off Rupp too way to early, now look at him.

Sorta agree with the first part in bold and utterly agree with the comments re. Rupp, but would point out that those who were defending Rupp could see his work rate and his diligence off the ball, not to mention accept he was filling in holes and playing out of position. Drmic hasn't seemed as likely to really graft.

Not saying it can't happen, and Drmic does have a decent record in the Bundesliga, but I'm not sure he's got the same fight and spirit as Rupp.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

The pressure of a promotion push might mean Drmic comes in rather than the Tyrese to make a Farke first redemption. 

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh look, a lack of numbers in defence biting us on the backside again - those loans out look less and less sensible as time rolls on. We’re going into a period of 9 games in 28 days with 4 fit defenders available before having to go for makeshifts...not great.  
Who saw this coming, other than just about everyone.....?

Bring back training on Mousehold Heath

Cycling to the training ground

Fag at half-time 

Same team played week in week out

Grounds like a ploughed field

33 minutes ago, daly said:

Bring back training on Mousehold Heath

Cycling to the training ground

Fag at half-time 

Same team played week in week out

Grounds like a ploughed field

WHY CAN’T WE BE IPSWICH

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jersey Canary said:

The pressure of a promotion push might mean Drmic comes in rather than the Tyrese to make a Farke first redemption. 

Couldn’t second guess it myself, Jersey - you could be right. It will be interesting to see who we have on the bench tomorrow but you’d have to imagine that for now it’ll just be either Hugill or Pukki for the foreseeable. Of course I wouldn’t want to see the next scenario, but it would be fascinating to see if Drmic did come back in if say heaven forbid both Teemu and Jordan were both unavailable - surely they’d have to play him, or at least bench him behind Tyrese?

13 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Webber was at Coventry last night. I wonder who will be back in January. Good work.

Haha... I was just about to post that !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Webber was at Coventry last night. I wonder who will be back in January. Good work.

Lady Godiva 

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Didn’t see much of the game, Bristol - what were your thoughts on McCallum?

Defensive cover could be our Achilles heal but I do think we have enough round pegs to fit the square holes. Not perfect but good enough. As for Mumba I hope people take it easy on the kid. Yes he looked like a breath of fresh air against a tiring swans but he could not get ahead of a struggling, ageing cattamole in the Sunderland team. Please don't take this as a slight on the lad who could become a brilliant player for us with time but I do think some people are getting carried away on a 10 minute cameo. I'm all for positivity but hope people don't put to high expectations on him. 

On 21/11/2020 at 12:37, The Bristol Nest said:

I was impressed by him. He looked the stand out Coventry player imo. 

He wasn't first choice at left back earlier in the season, as I remember it. Has there been an injury, or has he forced his way into the team?

22 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

He wasn't first choice at left back earlier in the season, as I remember it. Has there been an injury, or has he forced his way into the team?

He started at left back in Coventry's most recent game as Giles was on the bench, but I think that's the first time he's played on the left this season. All of his other starts came at right wing-back.