Sign in to follow this  
NeymarSmith

If Df left after saturday

Who would you be happy with taking over of this list - any other reasonable nominations allowed ofc 😉

I've tried to make it semi realistic without scouring the availability list. I've gone for managers either similar in style to DF or with a ncfc link or an old hand in this league.

this is just for fun (try to remember that forum police!)

Ian culverhouse

Mick McCarthy

Russel Martin

David Wagner

Eddie Howe

Garry monk

Paul warne

Mark Robbins

Daniel strendel

Gary rowett

Tony Mowbury

6 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Who would you be happy with taking over of this list - any other reasonable nominations allowed ofc 😉

I've tried to make it semi realistic without scouring the availability list. I've gone for managers either similar in style to DF or with a ncfc link or an old hand in this league.

this is just for fun (try to remember that forum police!)

Ian culverhouse

Mick McCarthy

Russel Martin

David Wagner

Eddie Howe

Garry monk

Paul warne

Mark Robbins

Daniel strendel

Gary rowett

Tony Mowbury

Thank god its 99.9% a hypothetical question, but my choice would be Edmund Riemer.

None of those choices would excite me, and I doubt any of them would make a Webber shortlist thankfully. Half of them are about as likely as Uncle Fred being given the job. 

Steve Cooper has been mooted before and it's one that I wouldn't mind seeing, if he's prepared to jump ship for a bigger budget. 

Failing that, Webber would probably do what he usually does and pluck an unknown name from the continent who is used to working under a structure such as this one, has a track record of developing players and plays possession based football.

29 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Failing that, Webber would probably do what he usually does and pluck an unknown name from the continent who is used to working under a structure such as this one, has a track record of developing players and plays possession based football.

You mean recruit the Dortmund II coach?

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

None of those choices would excite me, and I doubt any of them would make a Webber shortlist thankfully. Half of them are about as likely as Uncle Fred being given the job. 

Steve Cooper has been mooted before and it's one that I wouldn't mind seeing, if he's prepared to jump ship for a bigger budget. 

Cooper would be my choice too.

42 minutes ago, pete said:

Cooper to get bigger budget at City interesting concept

Compared to Swansea? Our budget is certainly bigger this season.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

I've said it before-Pochettino

The opening post said 'reasonable' nominations, so putting one of the most appealing out-of-work managers in world football into the equation for a Championship club probably doesn't quite count.

From that list...

Speculatives from the lower leagues:-

Culverhouse 

Robins

Those who we know can do it at this level:-

Wagner

Howe

Other thoughts, although no reason to think they’d want to leave their clubs (...one more so than the other!):-

Frank 

Ainsworth

One whom I’d really want to keep, for the record:-

Farke

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sleepless night all round 

18 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

From that list...

Speculatives from the lower leagues:-

Culverhouse 

Robins

Those who we know can do it at this level:-

Wagner

Howe

Other thoughts, although no reason to think they’d want to leave their clubs (...one more so than the other!):-

Frank 

Ainsworth

One whom I’d really want to keep, for the record:-

Farke

Wagner feels a bit of a busted flush to me. Burned out at Huddersfield, ended up playing some horrifically dull football and then sacked at Schalke.

Primary criteria for me would be a manager willing to put his faith in young players who is happy to look for free players / work on a tight budget. Stylish football is a nice bit of icing on the cake but if we get a manager who brings youth players through consistently and plays like a prime George Graham/Egil Olsen I'd be happy enough if we were winning more often than not.

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I think it’s time Delia gets off the fence and has a go herself

Your funniest line for a long long time. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

It was just a temporary  high then. We're  back to the same old.

I think you are high with the weird spacing in that post...

Only person on that list currently proving he's good enough for the job is Cooper. Martin has achieved nothing yet, Howe has never done anything without heavy financial backing, the rest are either not head coaches or not good enough. 

I know this is just for fun OP but my god, the thought of Garry Monk, Gary Rowett or Mick McCarthy being unveiled at Colney as the new boss just makes my skin crawl. It's highly unlikely, but not completely beyond the realms of possibility, like nuclear war or a doomsday asteroid and that's why it's so terrifying! 

I'd take Martin, Mowbray, Robins or Warne if we ever end up in L1 though god forbid. 

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Compared to Swansea? Our budget is certainly bigger this season.

The opening post said 'reasonable' nominations, so putting one of the most appealing out-of-work managers in world football into the equation for a Championship club probably doesn't quite count.

Ask him. Are any of the other names mooted better than DF?  How did Leeds get Bielsa? Because Darren Moore was already in a job?

6 hours ago, king canary said:

Wagner feels a bit of a busted flush to me. Burned out at Huddersfield, ended up playing some horrifically dull football and then sacked at Schalke.

Fair enough he couldn’t progress - but I think at this level.? Whether he’d want to tackle the chumps  again, who knows, but then again given he’s struggled in PL (2nd season) & BL... and presumably must have bills to pay

I also think that when players and also managers have a run of bad luck / not ‘clicking’ / just performing poorly (delete as appropriate!) at a series of clubs after an initial promising start, sometimes they do come good with the 3rd or 7th one who takes a punt when their stock is low. As in, right place & right time. If he were a player reckon he’d be a Norwich/Webber type appointment.

He’s not really top of my list though. Listened to Thomas Frank’s presser after they lost v us recently, and thought what a relatable & eloquent  guy he comes across. Seemed genuinely interested in talking about tactics and nuances of the game... impressed me anyway 

Edited by GenerationA47
‘game’ not ‘have’

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Ask him. Are any of the other names mooted better than DF?  How did Leeds get Bielsa? Because Darren Moore was already in a job?

A swift Google suggests Pochettino has already rebuffed approaches from Newcastle, Benfica, Monaco and even Barcelona. What do you think we could offer that they couldn't?

We could also ask Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson, the result would be the same.

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

Fair enough he couldn’t progress - but I think at this level.? Whether he’d want to tackle the chumps  again, who knows, but then again given he’s struggled in PL (2nd season) & BL... and presumably must have bills to pay

I also think that when players and also managers have a run of bad luck / not ‘clicking’ / just performing poorly (delete as appropriate!) at a series of clubs after an initial promising start, sometimes they do come good with the 3rd or 7th one who takes a punt when their stock is low. As in, right place & right time. If he were a player reckon he’d be a Norwich/Webber type appointment.

He’s not really top of my list though. Listened to Thomas Frank’s presser after they lost v us recently, and thought what a relatable & eloquent  guy he comes across. Seemed genuinely interested in talking about tactics and nuances of the have... impressed me anyway 

Not saying he couldn't do it, its just you sometimes see managers haveca short spell of success and then never be able to recapture it and I wonder if he's one of those.

Frank is very good though, would be a good option if he could be tempted.