Mullet

Todd Beckham saga resurfacing

According to news now earlier this week, NCFC regret not cashing in on Todd because he had his heart set on leaving and reports today suggest Leeds have lost interest and don't do business in January. That only really leaves Todd to play his way back into form and get his move in the summer

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

'According to news' at least provide a link

"News now" 

The original story of NCFC regretting not selling Cantwell was from the 14th i think

If only the board had the foresight that I had in realising this end of the bell was bad news then we would have got shot of him for what ever Leeds were prepared to pay

what a club we would be if I was on the board. MAKE NORWICH GREAT AGAIN 

11 minutes ago, Mullet said:

"News now" 

The original story of NCFC regretting not selling Cantwell was from the 14th i think

News Now is an aggregator, it doesn't create its own news. 

So question still remains, according to who? 

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

News Now is an aggregator, it doesn't create its own news. 

So question still remains, according to who? 

The story was with Leeds all over. Twitter @ Alfie burns. The report was by football insider. None of that means anything to me I'm an old codger who doesn't do technical. I just read it on news now from the 14th and again today

Tod Cantwell as an all-round player is not quite the superstar that reports suggest he seems to think that he is. I remain suspicious of such reports.

Many of his successes on the field of play have been high profile; his contributions against Manchester City above all. Highlights suggest him to be the star that he aspires to be. They ignore his shortcomings.

This youngster is overrated to the extent that his own self aspirations are delusional. Yet his moments of sheer brilliance resonate amongst opponents, fans included.

Local hero springs to mind, but it's Norfolk, not the King's Road. We don't need the likes of hairbands and nancy boys in 'these there parts.' The red-necks of Norfolk are in their pomp to the extent that poor little Todd wants away and aspires to the neon illuminated attractions of non-parochialism.

Two options,

Either sell him at an over-inflated price due to television highlights. He could well sink without trace though.

Let him develop as a level-headed player at Carrow Road where he will eventually become a crowd favourite (rather than a groupies' favourite) and achieve a level of maturity hitherto unrecognised and become an all time great. 

My opinion, for what it's worth. "Can someone rid Farke of this troublesome player?" £10m(with add-ons) should solve the problem.

The doubt would remain. Will we have done a Coventry and lose him, like they did with Madisson, and with appalling self-regret?

He's good alright, but is also a product of his time to the extent that traditionalists will be either anti or confused.

His persona rather than his football seems to govern views of his place at NCFC. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

Norwich should leak out an overhyped highlights video of Todd onto YouTube for other fans / clubs to get excited about. Then leak availability, suggesting a minimal fee. Use the whole "Sell at the right price" jargon and bosh. He's gone.

Still don't see what the fuss is about. If anything, this is all being driven by 'fans' online opinions. He's a decent player. Don't care what he wears, what he does on his social media, don't care if he wears an Alice band. 

• Like 7

As above and for the sake of the young lad’s mental health, give him a break.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ec-p said:

As above and for the sake of the young lad’s mental health, give him a break.

And for mine too! 🙃

• Haha 1

Todd's a great player and will be an important one for us this season, if people could just let him get on with it.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Todd's a great player and will be an important one for us this season, if people could just let him get on with it.

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

100%

• Like 3

I suppose yet another Cantwell thread will pop up tomorrow if he is not named in the squad for Middlesbrough.

• Like 1

This whole Alice band thing does make me laugh. I hate to break it to some of you but it’s not even rare to see a player wearing an Alice band, they’re everywhere in football these days but reading this board you’d be forgiven for thinking it’s just Todd. As it happens, they’re kind of quite helpful if you’ve got longer hair and are playing sport, for obvious reasons. I hope he plays on Saturday and wears THREE.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This whole Alice band thing does make me laugh. I hate to break it to some of you but it’s not even rare to see a player wearing an Alice band, they’re everywhere in football these days but reading this board you’d be forgiven for thinking it’s just Todd. As it happens, they’re kind of quite helpful if you’ve got longer hair and are playing sport, for obvious reasons. I hope he plays on Saturday and wears THREE.

Proud Alice band wearer here. In fact, there's a (at least in my opinion) very good photo of me finishing a half-marathon in Dresden with one in my hair.

That said, I did get it all cut off four months ago and it's not come back to that length yet.

20x30-DDMA2344.jpeg

Edited by TheGunnShow
Better put the Dresden one in, not the Tallinn one!
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

If only the board had the foresight that I had in realising this end of the bell was bad news then we would have got shot of him for what ever Leeds were prepared to pay

what a club we would be if I was on the board. MAKE NORWICH GREAT AGAIN 

Interesting stance and I thank our lucky stars you're not on the board. 

We should put the whole squad up for sale on a 'pay what you want' strategy and see where that gets the club, I'm gonna suggest liquidation so your reign on the board would be short-lived 😂

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I wish I still had enough to be able to make that choice 😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Proud Alice band wearer here. In fact, there's a (at least in my opinion) very good photo of me finishing a half-marathon in Dresden with one in my hair.

That said, I did get it all cut off four months ago and it's not come back to that length yet.

20x30-DDMA2344.jpeg

But wouldn’t it be far more sensible to do a marathon with sweaty hair in your eyes?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

But wouldn’t it be far more sensible to do a marathon with sweaty hair in your eyes?

Yeah. Sweaty hair in my face. Wonderful. What a feeling that is. That annoying sting of sweat drenching your eyeballs. Oh funk yeah, can't get enough of that.

(For the sarcasm-impaired, yeah, that was indeed sarcasm... 😉 )

• Haha 1

Why did we reject Leeds offer? We didn't because there wasn't one.  Todd needs to understand noone was interested enough to offer a fee might get a free.

Adults obsessing over what a player wears or what he posts on Instagram is so ridiculously pathetic.

Grow up.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I wish I still had enough to be able to make that choice 😂

Have you considered a Right Said Uncle Fred alice band? Or even just a Right Said Uncle Fred band?

CB5A97B2-EA7A-4C98-A753-AAE456B15004.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Have you considered a Right Said Uncle Fred alice band? Or even just a Right Said Uncle Fred band?

CB5A97B2-EA7A-4C98-A753-AAE456B15004.jpeg

Would go with my Def Leppard special edition watch. No second hand on that. 😉

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Would go with my Def Leppard special edition watch. No second hand on that. 😉

Ha ha, poor old Rick

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

"These days" is also a bit kind. They've been around since the 90's. It's absolutely nothing new and sadly is a reflection of people who consider it effeminate and unmanly.

I mean, I never understood how mullets were ever popular, they just don't appeal to me. But if one of our players decided to have one and was putting in good performances would I care? No.

Hernandez has had more hair cuts than appearances this season and do you see folks banging on about that?

Have Leeds cooled their interest on Leeds? Wouldn't surprise me. Reality is, January is going to be interesting. You have the Euros next summer. The impact of the pandemic will be into the 2nd season in terms of finances. I suspect clubs will be looking at where they are in January and whether they need to add £10million+ players in the middle of one of the strangest seasons we have ever seen without any knowledge of when fans will return at levels that the clubs will make money from.

The main part of the suggestion I find daft is that he has been injured for the last couple of games. And of the wide players at Norwich, it is surprising they didn't appear to be more interested in Buendia.

It smells and looks like a load of old twaddle if you ask me. 

Just to  highlight.

Maldini - one of the best defenders in the world of his generation:
As Milan and Italy legend Paolo Maldini turns 49… here's why he was the  defender so good he didn't need to tackle

Of course, we wouldn't have wanted him because he wore a hairband.

Messi, said by some to be the greatest player EVER...
The Fascinating Evolution of Lionel Messi's Hair | Bleacher Report | Latest  News, Videos and Highlights

Wouldn't have him here because he has worn hair bands?

I can keep going. Beckham, Ronaldinho, Fernando Torres, Sergio Ramos, C. Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Gullet, Van Nistelroy... So it's just personal playground level attacks on someone they don't know but who they feel can be summed up for wearing a hairband.

25 minutes ago, chicken said:

Just to  highlight.

Maldini - one of the best defenders in the world of his generation:
As Milan and Italy legend Paolo Maldini turns 49… here's why he was the  defender so good he didn't need to tackle

Of course, we wouldn't have wanted him because he wore a hairband.

Messi, said by some to be the greatest player EVER...
The Fascinating Evolution of Lionel Messi's Hair | Bleacher Report | Latest  News, Videos and Highlights

Wouldn't have him here because he has worn hair bands?

I can keep going. Beckham, Ronaldinho, Fernando Torres, Sergio Ramos, C. Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Gullet, Van Nistelroy... So it's just personal playground level attacks on someone they don't know but who they feel can be summed up for wearing a hairband.

Don't forget our very own Rob Eagle and I do believe Eadie might have done so. 

Better check back on the message board to when they played and see what was said 🤷‍♂️

100% spot on Chickeno. FWIW my older brother wore an Alice band when he played for Happisburgh  in the early seventies....the usual stereotype  real men gave him stick about it, his answer was always the same " while they're fretting over my hair band, they're not marking me properly".