Sign in to follow this  
Bill

thievin' Tories at it again

1 hour ago, dj11 said:

I am sure he did, although Sullivan was involved in one of the deals of the century for the Olympic Stadium. This debacle was presided over by the Mayor of London. 
The following is an interesting read. 
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/14/west-ham-deal-century-olympic-stadium

When you negotiate a deal with the publisher of wnak mags then I assume they come to the table with proposals nothing short of blackmail.

19 minutes ago, horsefly said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/greensill-scandal-government-orders-inquiry-into-cameron-lobbying/ar-BB1fyZx8?ocid=msedgntp

Quite right that this should happen. Although I can't help thinking Boris' main motivation is to get one over Cameron.

I don't think it affects Johnson but it does Sunak. So it should be written properly and published quickly. 😀

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

I don't think it affects Johnson but it does Sunak. So it should be written properly and published quickly. 😀

Indeed, Johnson gets to land two blows with this inquiry. First he gets to have a go at Cameron as the two clearly fell out in a big way quite some time ago. Secondly, he gets to land a blow against his main rival for leadership of the Tories, the much loved, clean as a whistle Rishi.

Oh dear! All set up to be yet another government whitewash report to add to the growing library. Why waste tax-payers' money if it is not going to be a properly independent judicial inquiry:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/greensill-head-of-david-cameron-lobbying-inquiry-opposed-his-curbs-to-lobbying-rules/ar-BB1fB4XP?ocid=msedgntp

Greensill: Head of David Cameron lobbying inquiry ‘opposed his curbs to lobbying rules’

The head of the inquiry into the David Cameron lobbying scandal opposed his limited curbs to lobbying rules, it has emerged, triggering criticism of his appointment.

Labour hit out at what it called the “cronyism” of picking Nigel Boardman – a high-flying City lawyer and an adviser to a government department – to lead the “independent” probe.

Mr Boardman is a senior consultant at the law firm Slaughter and May which challenged Mr Cameron’s changes to lobbying rules in 2013 – now widely-criticised as inadequate.

It was among firms that said a statutory register of lobbyists “may have the effect of stifling productive, even essential, dialogue between legislators and those who consider the implications and practicalities of relevant legislation on a day-to-day basis”

Angela Rayner, Labour’s deputy leader, said: “The man leading the lobbying investigation lobbied the government to prevent lobbying rules being toughened up.

“The government can’t just mark their own homework and push this scandal under the carpet.”

Have just heard on LBC that Greensill managed to obtain 10 government meetings during the Covid crisis in their attempt to wangle hundreds of millions of tax-payers' money. Many companies didn't even get an E-mailed response to their enquiry.

Also just heard on LBC, one leader of a covid bereaved families group saying that he can't get a meeting with any minister and has been trying since last June. 

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Also just heard on LBC, one leader of a covid bereaved families group saying that he can't get a meeting with any minister and has been trying since last June. 

I have emailed Eustice, my MP, many times and never received a reply.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have emailed Eustice, my MP, many times and never received a reply.

My local gammon, Richard Bacon (yes his name is most appropriate), never answers emails and his website has displayed the following message for over a year "Please note that my full website is currently undergoing reconstruction". It consists of one page with an address. At a time of pandemic when communication via the net is crucial this totally lazy feckless fat-ar*se can't even bother to make the most superficial attempt to seem like he is representing his constituents. 

http://www.richardbacon.org.uk/

Edited by horsefly

34 minutes ago, Herman said:

He even looks porcine.😀

He certainly does. Must have spent all his office expenses on a 18 carat gold trough.

Edited by horsefly
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh look! Another Tory says one thing in public and does the opposite in private. One begins to suspect that hypocracy is now de rigueur for Tory Party membership.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/exclusive-tory-peer-who-championed-equality-victimised-female-complainant/ar-BB1fCo1N?ocid=msedgntp

To quote David Byrne, same as it ever was.

• Haha 1

Hancock and sister have shares in company that got a large NHS contract. 

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Hancock and sister have shares in company that got a large NHS contract. 

Nothing to see here then, move on!!

2 hours ago, dj11 said:

Nothing to see here then, move on!!

Seems that way doesn't it. Pigs in the trough and people happily refill it with their Union Jack buckets. 

On 16/04/2021 at 13:15, Herman said:

Seems that way doesn't it. Pigs in the trough and people happily refill it with their Union Jack buckets. 

....some sharp humour here

• Like 1

It's reassuring that someone like Lee Hurst, who has the opposite beliefs to me, can see the rotteness too. 👍