Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

We could have been Wrexham 😭

31 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This has "going to end badly" written all over it.

Honestly can't help but wonder how long it will last. 2 million is a lot of money for a club like them but with all going on and the football world in general I doubt that money will last too long.

If they dont go up and continue to suffer results wise will they still stick around?

Apparently, it was a toss up between Wrexham and Wroxham - could have been a real Roys of the Rovers story.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

So, I live about 8 miles away from Wrexham, and I can tell you the buzz around the place is amazing.

I have lots of friends who are ST holders and in the supporters trust, so were present at the virtual takeover meeting - they said it was, unsurprisingly, very slick.

Wrexham is an old club with a ground with lots of history (first international game) - however, the town itself is a bit rundown, so this is a gargantuan shot in the arm for them!

Hopefully this will benefit all parties involved - they have very little to start with, so can only be good news for Wrexham AFC.

5 minutes ago, NWC said:

So, I live about 8 miles away from Wrexham, and I can tell you the buzz around the place is amazing.

I can imagine. The supporters apparently voted 98% in favour, which really is something.

Could you imagine 98% of us lot agreeing on anything?

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I can imagine. The supporters apparently voted 98% in favour, which really is something.

Could you imagine 98% of us lot agreeing on anything?

Can’t honestly imagine 9.8% of us even agreeing to disagree 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We could have had Ryan Reynolds. We could have an actor instead of a Chef.. Why arent we Wrexham?

Because they're Welsh you plonker.

This is obviously such a terrible idea. Why would Hollywood celebrities who don't have 10's of millions to throw about want to get involved with a non league club. Got disaster written all over it...

*It's Always Sunny into theme*

"The gang buys a soccer club"

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

I hope they change their shirt sponsor to Fight Milk, rename their ground as the Wolf Cola stadium and change their mascot to green man. Plus all season ticket holders should be given complimentary access to a prototype a55 blaster 3000

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Thanks 1

Just to put it into perspective, while it's true Hollywood celebs aren't necessary "club owner" rich, Ryan Reynolds recently sold his gin company for over $600m. I believe their plan is to document the takeover and the subsequent "rise of Wrecham" and sell it to Netflix etc as a docuseries, if they get $400k an episode they recoup their investment straight off the bat, plus the exposure of the club to a new audience, advertising etc....

I know it sounds implausible, unbelievable even, but imagine the hope Wrexham fans will now have for their club's future?

5 hours ago, NWC said:

I have lots of friends who are ST holders and in the supporters trust, so were present at the virtual takeover meeting - they said it was, unsurprisingly, very slick.

Wrexham is an old club with a ground with lots of history (first international game) - however, the town itself is a bit rundown, so this is a gargantuan shot in the arm for them!

Hopefully this will benefit all parties involved - they have very little to start with, so can only be good news for Wrexham AFC.

Why did you start the first sentence with 'So'?

25 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Why did you start the first sentence with 'So'?

So, why was that a question you felt you had to ask?

6 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

This has "going to end badly" written all over it.

I don't think so - both of them are quite well known for being decent blokes outside of their careers.  Well, as much as it can 'be known' without personally knowing them...

Am pleased for the club and the place itself.

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I hope they change their shirt sponsor to Fight Milk, rename their ground as the Wolf Cola stadium and change their mascot to green man. Plus all season ticket holders should be given complimentary access to a prototype a55 blaster 3000

Agreed.  But I'd have The Trashman as the mascot.

For the uninitiated:

14 hours ago, Orly said:

I don't think so - both of them are quite well known for being decent blokes outside of their careers.  Well, as much as it can 'be known' without personally knowing them...

Am pleased for the club and the place itself.

I've got lots of ties with North Wales, so I wish them the best of luck. It's just that I'm not sure that being a decent bloke is near the top of a list of desirable qualifications to run a football club.

* Waits for someone to ask what Delia and Michael's qualifications are* - many years in business and local contacts for one, plus getting on for 20 years experience owning a football club.