Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

We Can See you Sneaking out!

Delighted to see the back of him, or the front in this case. Probably got his toys in the box and his driving goggles.

Edited by Van wink

I love seeing photos of politicos on the way out. Something strangely historic or is it pathos? Still....I have (sadly) saved some from recent years because of the photographer's skill. They will make a great study for painting (though will need permission of course). Today's here from the Guardian and second one from Patel's sacking in the days of the May administration.

IMG_20201113_191255.jpg

wp_ss_20171108_0010.png

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We are now in the realms of a leader guided by his partner like Reagan was by Nancy and her astrologer.

There's a TV programme coming soon on the Reagan's. Did you see the article about it? Apparently RR was not the kind of bloke you may have been given to believe, such was his careful attempts to choreograph public appearances. And yes, Nancy took a prominent role in it. Should make for an interesting bio anyway.

Too young to really remember what Reagan was like. He was originally an actor tho so could have easily been completely different in private.

As for Cummings. Its probably because I saw seven again recently but all I want to know is. What's in the box Dom?

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Will he be back??

The Door Barney Gumble GIF - TheDoor BarneyGumble TheSimpsons - Discover &  Share GIFs

To Barnard Castle? Doubt it. He will give it good a few years.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

Will he be back??

The Door Barney Gumble GIF - TheDoor BarneyGumble TheSimpsons - Discover &  Share GIFs

Doubt it.

Let's face it, he's handed out quite a few humungous government contracts to friends and and family, surely it's time for them now to return the favour?

44 minutes ago, sonyc said:

To Barnard Castle? Doubt it. He will give it good a few years.

Probably one of the only places in Britain that appreciate his help. 😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Probably one of the only places in Britain that appreciate his help. 😀

Specsavers have been so grateful. Done wonders for business.

16 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

We are now in the realms of a leader guided by his partner like Reagan was by Nancy and her astrologer.

Does that mean the final defeat of communism is imminent?

16 hours ago, sonyc said:

There's a TV programme coming soon on the Reagan's. Did you see the article about it? Apparently RR was not the kind of bloke you may have been given to believe, such was his careful attempts to choreograph public appearances. And yes, Nancy took a prominent role in it. Should make for an interesting bio anyway.

Makes Michelle look like a wimp. 

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

Makes Michelle look like a wimp. 

Very possibly, reading the article about first ladies.

Not big on conspiracy theories but I don't buy this at all. The whole exit was totally staged.

He walks out of Downing Street, with his security pass still around his neck, with a solitary cardboard box like he's in a bad Hugh Grant movie, and wanders round Whitehall aimlessly?

Something isn't right with this picture.

I don't know what's up with it, but something is.

Oh boy. One day the UK will have a Government again. Here in the US our is coming on Jan 21st. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Oh boy. One day the UK will have a Government again. Here in the US our is coming on Jan 21st. 

This.

On 13/11/2020 at 19:20, sonyc said:

I love seeing photos of politicos on the way out. Something strangely historic or is it pathos? Still....I have (sadly) saved some from recent years because of the photographer's skill. They will make a great study for painting (though will need permission of course). Today's here from the Guardian and second one from Patel's sacking in the days of the May administration.

IMG_20201113_191255.jpg

wp_ss_20171108_0010.png

This has to be the most famous one?

F9891AFE-1215-4203-A131-494E7ACBE963.jpeg

Here’s hoping we get to see a repeat of the Patel photo soon, followed by Johnson.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, kick it off said:

Not big on conspiracy theories but I don't buy this at all. The whole exit was totally staged.

He walks out of Downing Street, with his security pass still around his neck, with a solitary cardboard box like he's in a bad Hugh Grant movie, and wanders round Whitehall aimlessly?

Something isn't right with this picture.

I don't know what's up with it, but something is.

It certainly was staged - by Cummings himself. There are many exits from Downing Street where the press are very unlikely to be. For my money Cummings knows that the Brexit sh*tshow is really about to hit the fan and he wants people to think that as he clearly wasn't there when it went through that he's not to blame.

'Mr Cummings and director of communications Lee Cain, who resigned on Thursday, will work out their notices at home following tensions within No 10.'

If they can work from home now why weren't they in the first place?! ****ing idiots. 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Which homes? I expect they have more than one.

What's wrong with having more than one home, Grandpa?

It's not their fault you wound up in a mid-terrace council house on the Heartsease. 

Brought up in one but now in an end terrace in Cornwall. One you probably couldn't afford.

Nothing wrong with owning two or more homes as long as you are not renting it out to benefit claimants and having the state pay half your mortgage. Its not what the Welfare State is there for. Not for people to make profit out of it. You know what I mean🤑

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Brought up in one but now in an end terrace in Cornwall. One you probably couldn't afford.

😀 ☝️