Sign in to follow this  
NeymarSmith

Warnock wins manager of the month

Congrats to him* and two fingers up to anyone saying he is a dinosaur. Clearly knows this league and how to get a team solid, much like other "dinosaurs" Tony pulis and Sam alladyce.

Got me thinking though, as he has won it in part for being ten games unbeaten, what would your reaction be (and obviously if farke agreed) if we brought in a defensive coach. Now I'm not going to slate farke or even pretend to know what does go on in Tray-nun but since the start of DFs reign we have never looked solid and organised at the back. 

I accept in part we are on a good run clean sheet wise at present, and maybe porous we are is down to how the wing backs fly up and down the pitch and who indeed is playing in front of the fence however what would your feelings be if we had a defensive coach to work alongside farke? indeed maybe one of these old dinosaurs perhaps someone even like Mick McCarthy who organises a defence fantastically well?

I'm not saying df and mm would mix too well but you are the point I'm getting at. I would also hate to loose the farke attacking magic or indeed the man himself, I still think he would be the worst one to loose out of anyone at the club. 

*obviously I wanted DF to win.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I accept in part we are on a good run clean sheet wise at present, and maybe porous we are is down to how the wing backs fly up and down the pitch and who indeed is playing in front of the fence however what would your feelings be if we had a defensive coach to work alongside farke? indeed maybe one of these old dinosaurs perhaps someone even like Mick McCarthy who organises a defence fantastically well?

You could be on to something there. As long as we can pick it up and move it at half time.

Here's a question, considering Farke's record after international breaks...

If he wins Manager of the Month, and the next game is the first one after an international break, will we win?