Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

President Biden

Recommended Posts

The thing about this "law" is it was deliberately engineered to avoid any enforcement by the state. Although the legislature "passed it" it is left to Texas citizens - bounty hunters if you prefer - to snoop on their neighbors and sue people they suspect of assisting abortion - in any way - in Texas civil courts. So the Supreme Court of the US, which the GOP has been stacking with RWNJs for years just said "yeah that's interesting, go right ahead"

.....and instantly all the potential Republican candidates for President in 2024 will no ram equivalent "laws" through their legislatures... in a few weeks we may have half of America "outlawing" any abortions. 

This is the so called "third rail" of American politics, watch this space.

 

 

Abortion Florida.png

Abortion S Datoka.jpg

Abortion Cruelty.png

Abortion Pelosi.jpg

Abortion Biden.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So what do we make of Biden so far? Not been the best of starts

I think your question is way off base. Biden is not a king, he has a Congress and States in "partnership" to govern America. Joe Biden is doing just fine, but the Republican Party in Congress and the States has decided to undermine every policy even if that means hurting - even killing - fellow Americans. I think your question should therefore be directed towards them, as the Tories follow their lead, you will see the same in the UK.

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So what do we make of Biden so far? Not been the best of starts

It's going to take a long time to shovel up all the sh*it left behind by Trump. It doesn't help that a degenerate GOP full of Trump's lackees is determined to carry on sh*tting, rather than help clear up their own mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, horsefly said:

It's going to take a long time to shovel up all the sh*it left behind by Trump. It doesn't help that a degenerate GOP full of Trump's lackees is determined to carry on sh*tting, rather than help clear up their own mess.

To be fair the bad part was mostly the Afghanistan situation, which is mostly Bush and Obamas fault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair the bad part was mostly the Afghanistan situation, which is mostly Bush and Obamas fault

It was Trump who signed the deal with the Taliban in Feb 2020 which guaranteed that all US troops would be withdrawn by May this year (Biden at least delayed this), and saw the immediate release of 5000 Taliban fighters from jail. Biden should indeed take his share of the blame for some of the screw ups in the evacuation, but this was all pretty much inevitable once Trump had signed that deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is, we shouldn't have been there in the first place and the ending was never going to be good for the normal citizens of Afghanistan.

We should have finished the job properly once started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2021 at 23:07, Surfer said:

I think your question is way off base. Trump was not a king, he had a Congress and States in "partnership" to govern America. Donald Trump did just fine, but the Democrat Party in Congress and the States, and the media decided to undermine every policy even if that meant hurting - even killing - fellow Americans. I think your question should therefore be directed towards them, as Labour follow their lead, you would see the same foobar in the UK... if it were not for the fact that Labour are unelectable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Texas wants to basically turn its population into Stasi agents, should they also just report the non-vaccinated? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2021 at 13:52, horsefly said:

It was Trump who signed the deal with the Taliban in Feb 2020 which guaranteed that all US troops would be withdrawn by May this year (Biden at least delayed this), and saw the immediate release of 5000 Taliban fighters from jail. Biden should indeed take his share of the blame for some of the screw ups in the evacuation, but this was all pretty much inevitable once Trump had signed that deal.

All that is true but Trump was both an idiot and a complete ignoramus so the fact that he signed such an atrocious deal was no real surprise, in fact it was par for the course for his presidency.

Biden was supposed to be much smarter and indeed in several areas has already proved this to be the case. But given his considerable experience in Afganistan throughout his spell as Vice President and his desire to repair the US position generally in the world following the damage to their prestige and leadership inflicted by Trump, I'm afraid I find it impossibkle to understand how he has miscalculated so catatrosphically over the withdrawal from Afganistan.

In many ways Afganistan is a relatively minor problem but the wider implications of the abject failure of the US, the UK, and the western powers generally in Afganistan is going to have much wider consequences for decades to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

All that is true but Trump was both an idiot and a complete ignoramus so the fact that he signed such an atrocious deal was no real surprise, in fact it was par for the course for his presidency.

Biden was supposed to be much smarter and indeed in several areas has already proved this to be the case. But given his considerable experience in Afganistan throughout his spell as Vice President and his desire to repair the US position generally in the world following the damage to their prestige and leadership inflicted by Trump, I'm afraid I find it impossibkle to understand how he has miscalculated so catatrosphically over the withdrawal from Afganistan.

In many ways Afganistan is a relatively minor problem but the wider implications of the abject failure of the US, the UK, and the western powers generally in Afganistan is going to have much wider consequences for decades to come.

Totally agree! I'm very disappointed that Biden took the "easy" option of simply carrying out Trump's deal. As I said above, he has to take his share of the blame for failing to prevent the catastrophic failures that have resulted from the withdrawal. As you suggested, the implications for the West are enormous, and dictators around the world will be scoffing and  mightily encouraged by this abject failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dictators around the world understand the projection of power, not the lip flapping of political commentators trying to increase their website clicks. Get real people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Dictators around the world understand the projection of power, not the lip flapping of political commentators trying to increase their website clicks. Get real people. 

I think that's the point we're making is it not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I think that's the point we're making is it not?

I'm not sure. Do you think the Chinese are scoffing about "US weakness" today, or are they taking notice of the US projecting power into the South China seas via deeper military cooperation with Australia today? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Surfer said:

I'm not sure. Do you think the Chinese are scoffing about "US weakness" today, or are they taking notice of the US projecting power into the South China seas via deeper military cooperation with Australia today? 

Indeed! I was specifically referring to the fact that such obsequious acquiescence to the Taliban seriously undermines the idea that the US and its allies have the resolve to carry through threats to "project their power" to deter dictatorial regimes. Among the first things China did as a result of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan was to make thinly veiled threats to Taiwan questioning the US's promise to protect them. Further, both Russia and China have now diplomatically recognised the authority of the Taliban. No doubt this anouncement of a pact with Australia is an attempt to restore some credibility to the idea that the West won't simply stand by and watch Taiwan become a victim to a dictatorship in the same way as they have allowed to happen to Afghanistan. I suspect, however, that the average Taiwanese individual is a lot less confident after the Afghanistan debacle that the US and its allies will continue to protect them from the threat of the Chinese dictatorship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Surfer said:

I'm not sure. Do you think the Chinese are scoffing about "US weakness" today, or are they taking notice of the US projecting power into the South China seas via deeper military cooperation with Australia today? 

I don't think the Chinese do 'scoffing' but my guess would be that they are quietly amused by the somewhat ridiculous US / UK / Australia link up announced today - smacks to me of desperation rather than the projection of power, US or otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2021 at 12:32, horsefly said:

Indeed! I was specifically referring to the fact that such obsequious acquiescence to the Taliban seriously undermines the idea that the US and its allies have the resolve to carry through threats to "project their power" to deter dictatorial regimes. Among the first things China did as a result of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan was to make thinly veiled threats to Taiwan questioning the US's promise to protect them. Further, both Russia and China have now diplomatically recognised the authority of the Taliban. No doubt this anouncement of a pact with Australia is an attempt to restore some credibility to the idea that the West won't simply stand by and watch Taiwan become a victim to a dictatorship in the same way as they have allowed to happen to Afghanistan. I suspect, however, that the average Taiwanese individual is a lot less confident after the Afghanistan debacle that the US and its allies will continue to protect them from the threat of the Chinese dictatorship.

I think this is the key point, it is abundantly clear that the West generally but especially the US and the UK lack the resolve to make good their rhetoric or threats.

But I would say that Afganistan also raises many questions (as Vietnam did many years ago) about whether the US even when they do try to deploy their supposedly awesome military power have the ability to do so effectively against determined opponents - their record certainly doesn't inspire confidence (or fear!).

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

How very unlike the French to throw a strop.

Les Miserable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ricardo said:

How very unlike the French to throw a strop.

You've never forgiven them for selling us all that cheese have you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how splintering all the western alliances, built up over decades, is a way of countering the threats of Russia and China. Really clever strategies. Very intelligent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Joe Biden can't even remember the name of the Prime Minister he's talking to. Another day, another Joe Biden gaffe

 

Yep! Biden forgot his name. Trump managed to claim that in 1775 US troops took over airports in the war of independence. I wonder which one of those demonstrates greater stupidity? I expect many of us have forgotten someone's name, but none of us have ever been so chronically thick as to think that there were aeroplanes in 1775:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Yep! Biden forgot his name. Trump managed to claim that in 1775 US troops took over airports in the war of independence. I wonder which one of those demonstrates greater stupidity? I expect many of us have forgotten someone's name, but none of us have ever been so chronically thick as to think that there were aeroplanes in 1775:

 

One was a joke that obviously wooshed over your head. Forgetting the name of someone you've just been meeting and signing defence pacts isn't a joke but a very worrisome trend in a long series of almost daily gaffes. This is the guy with the access codes to the US nuclear arsenal.

Last week, the US most senior military commander, General Milley, called up his Chinese counterpart to warn him that if the Chinese hear that they are under nuclear attack, General Milley will call and warn them first otherwise it isn't happening. Even the US military are now concerned that bumblling Joe could lead us into an accidental war. Someone needs to get Biden out of there before he does real damage. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden Murders Seven Children, Kills long-time employee of US NGO

From the Telegraph

The Pentagon has apologised for a drone strike in Kabul which killed 10 civilians including seven children, calling it a "tragic mistake".

General Frank McKenzie, head of US Central Command, said reparations payments to the families were under consideration.

He said: "It was a mistake and I offer my sincere apology. The strike was a tragic mistake. I do feel responsible for it."

The strike happened on August 29, three days after 13 US troops and more than 160 Afghans were killed in an Islamic State suicide attack at Kabul airport.

For days after the drone strike Pentagon officials had asserted that it had been "righteous".

They said it was conducted correctly against a Toyota Corolla being driven by a terrorist and carrying explosives that were going to be used to attack the airport.

But news organisations on the ground reported that the driver had been Zemerai Ahmadi, a longtime employee at a US humanitarian organisation.

As he pulled into his drive children came out to see his 11-year-old son park the car, and were hit by a Hellfire missile.

An internal Pentagon review of the strike has now concluded that only civilians were killed in the attack.

Gen. McKenzie said "I am now convinced that as many as 10 civilians, including up to seven children, were tragically killed in that strike."

"Moreover, we now assess that it is unlikely that the vehicle and those who died were associated with Isis-K, or a direct threat to US forces. I am here to set the record straight. "

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

One was a joke that obviously wooshed over your head. Forgetting the name of someone you've just been meeting and signing defence pacts isn't a joke but a very worrisome trend in a long series of almost daily gaffes. This is the guy with the access codes to the US nuclear arsenal.

Last week, the US most senior military commander, General Milley, called up his Chinese counterpart to warn him that if the Chinese hear that they are under nuclear attack, General Milley will call and warn them first otherwise it isn't happening. Even the US military are now concerned that bumblling Joe could lead us into an accidental war. Someone needs to get Biden out of there before he does real damage. 

It was actually under Trump's presidency that Milley made that call . You really are impenetrably stupid.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/15/milley-held-secret-calls-with-china-others-as-trump-pushed-election-lies.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

It was actually under Trump's presidency that Milley made that call . You really are impenetrably stupid.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/15/milley-held-secret-calls-with-china-others-as-trump-pushed-election-lies.html

 

Only admitted to this week, mate. And sleepy joe is backing him. The Democrats are in cahoots with the Chinese

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...