Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

President Biden

On 02/09/2021 at 23:07, Surfer said:

I think your question is way off base. Trump was not a king, he had a Congress and States in "partnership" to govern America. Donald Trump did just fine, but the Democrat Party in Congress and the States, and the media decided to undermine every policy even if that meant hurting - even killing - fellow Americans. I think your question should therefore be directed towards them, as Labour follow their lead, you would see the same foobar in the UK... if it were not for the fact that Labour are unelectable.

If Texas wants to basically turn its population into Stasi agents, should they also just report the non-vaccinated? 😉

On 03/09/2021 at 13:52, horsefly said:

It was Trump who signed the deal with the Taliban in Feb 2020 which guaranteed that all US troops would be withdrawn by May this year (Biden at least delayed this), and saw the immediate release of 5000 Taliban fighters from jail. Biden should indeed take his share of the blame for some of the screw ups in the evacuation, but this was all pretty much inevitable once Trump had signed that deal.

All that is true but Trump was both an idiot and a complete ignoramus so the fact that he signed such an atrocious deal was no real surprise, in fact it was par for the course for his presidency.

Biden was supposed to be much smarter and indeed in several areas has already proved this to be the case. But given his considerable experience in Afganistan throughout his spell as Vice President and his desire to repair the US position generally in the world following the damage to their prestige and leadership inflicted by Trump, I'm afraid I find it impossibkle to understand how he has miscalculated so catatrosphically over the withdrawal from Afganistan.

In many ways Afganistan is a relatively minor problem but the wider implications of the abject failure of the US, the UK, and the western powers generally in Afganistan is going to have much wider consequences for decades to come.

14 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

All that is true but Trump was both an idiot and a complete ignoramus so the fact that he signed such an atrocious deal was no real surprise, in fact it was par for the course for his presidency.

Biden was supposed to be much smarter and indeed in several areas has already proved this to be the case. But given his considerable experience in Afganistan throughout his spell as Vice President and his desire to repair the US position generally in the world following the damage to their prestige and leadership inflicted by Trump, I'm afraid I find it impossibkle to understand how he has miscalculated so catatrosphically over the withdrawal from Afganistan.

In many ways Afganistan is a relatively minor problem but the wider implications of the abject failure of the US, the UK, and the western powers generally in Afganistan is going to have much wider consequences for decades to come.

Totally agree! I'm very disappointed that Biden took the "easy" option of simply carrying out Trump's deal. As I said above, he has to take his share of the blame for failing to prevent the catastrophic failures that have resulted from the withdrawal. As you suggested, the implications for the West are enormous, and dictators around the world will be scoffing and  mightily encouraged by this abject failure.

Dictators around the world understand the projection of power, not the lip flapping of political commentators trying to increase their website clicks. Get real people. 

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Dictators around the world understand the projection of power, not the lip flapping of political commentators trying to increase their website clicks. Get real people. 

I think that's the point we're making is it not?

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I think that's the point we're making is it not?

I'm not sure. Do you think the Chinese are scoffing about "US weakness" today, or are they taking notice of the US projecting power into the South China seas via deeper military cooperation with Australia today? 

15 hours ago, Surfer said:

I'm not sure. Do you think the Chinese are scoffing about "US weakness" today, or are they taking notice of the US projecting power into the South China seas via deeper military cooperation with Australia today? 

Indeed! I was specifically referring to the fact that such obsequious acquiescence to the Taliban seriously undermines the idea that the US and its allies have the resolve to carry through threats to "project their power" to deter dictatorial regimes. Among the first things China did as a result of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan was to make thinly veiled threats to Taiwan questioning the US's promise to protect them. Further, both Russia and China have now diplomatically recognised the authority of the Taliban. No doubt this anouncement of a pact with Australia is an attempt to restore some credibility to the idea that the West won't simply stand by and watch Taiwan become a victim to a dictatorship in the same way as they have allowed to happen to Afghanistan. I suspect, however, that the average Taiwanese individual is a lot less confident after the Afghanistan debacle that the US and its allies will continue to protect them from the threat of the Chinese dictatorship.

22 hours ago, Surfer said:

I don't think the Chinese do 'scoffing' but my guess would be that they are quietly amused by the somewhat ridiculous US / UK / Australia link up announced today - smacks to me of desperation rather than the projection of power, US or otherwise.

On 17/09/2021 at 12:32, horsefly said:

Indeed! I was specifically referring to the fact that such obsequious acquiescence to the Taliban seriously undermines the idea that the US and its allies have the resolve to carry through threats to "project their power" to deter dictatorial regimes. Among the first things China did as a result of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan was to make thinly veiled threats to Taiwan questioning the US's promise to protect them. Further, both Russia and China have now diplomatically recognised the authority of the Taliban. No doubt this anouncement of a pact with Australia is an attempt to restore some credibility to the idea that the West won't simply stand by and watch Taiwan become a victim to a dictatorship in the same way as they have allowed to happen to Afghanistan. I suspect, however, that the average Taiwanese individual is a lot less confident after the Afghanistan debacle that the US and its allies will continue to protect them from the threat of the Chinese dictatorship.

I think this is the key point, it is abundantly clear that the West generally but especially the US and the UK lack the resolve to make good their rhetoric or threats.

But I would say that Afganistan also raises many questions (as Vietnam did many years ago) about whether the US even when they do try to deploy their supposedly awesome military power have the ability to do so effectively against determined opponents - their record certainly doesn't inspire confidence (or fear!).

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 1

I love how splintering all the western alliances, built up over decades, is a way of countering the threats of Russia and China. Really clever strategies. Very intelligent.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Joe Biden can't even remember the name of the Prime Minister he's talking to. Another day, another Joe Biden gaffe

Yep! Biden forgot his name. Trump managed to claim that in 1775 US troops took over airports in the war of independence. I wonder which one of those demonstrates greater stupidity? I expect many of us have forgotten someone's name, but none of us have ever been so chronically thick as to think that there were aeroplanes in 1775:

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Yep! Biden forgot his name. Trump managed to claim that in 1775 US troops took over airports in the war of independence. I wonder which one of those demonstrates greater stupidity? I expect many of us have forgotten someone's name, but none of us have ever been so chronically thick as to think that there were aeroplanes in 1775:

One was a joke that obviously wooshed over your head. Forgetting the name of someone you've just been meeting and signing defence pacts isn't a joke but a very worrisome trend in a long series of almost daily gaffes. This is the guy with the access codes to the US nuclear arsenal.

Last week, the US most senior military commander, General Milley, called up his Chinese counterpart to warn him that if the Chinese hear that they are under nuclear attack, General Milley will call and warn them first otherwise it isn't happening. Even the US military are now concerned that bumblling Joe could lead us into an accidental war. Someone needs to get Biden out of there before he does real damage. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Biden Murders Seven Children, Kills long-time employee of US NGO

From the Telegraph

The Pentagon has apologised for a drone strike in Kabul which killed 10 civilians including seven children, calling it a "tragic mistake".

General Frank McKenzie, head of US Central Command, said reparations payments to the families were under consideration.

He said: "It was a mistake and I offer my sincere apology. The strike was a tragic mistake. I do feel responsible for it."

The strike happened on August 29, three days after 13 US troops and more than 160 Afghans were killed in an Islamic State suicide attack at Kabul airport.

For days after the drone strike Pentagon officials had asserted that it had been "righteous".

They said it was conducted correctly against a Toyota Corolla being driven by a terrorist and carrying explosives that were going to be used to attack the airport.

But news organisations on the ground reported that the driver had been Zemerai Ahmadi, a longtime employee at a US humanitarian organisation.

As he pulled into his drive children came out to see his 11-year-old son park the car, and were hit by a Hellfire missile.

An internal Pentagon review of the strike has now concluded that only civilians were killed in the attack.

Gen. McKenzie said "I am now convinced that as many as 10 civilians, including up to seven children, were tragically killed in that strike."

"Moreover, we now assess that it is unlikely that the vehicle and those who died were associated with Isis-K, or a direct threat to US forces. I am here to set the record straight. "

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

One was a joke that obviously wooshed over your head. Forgetting the name of someone you've just been meeting and signing defence pacts isn't a joke but a very worrisome trend in a long series of almost daily gaffes. This is the guy with the access codes to the US nuclear arsenal.

Last week, the US most senior military commander, General Milley, called up his Chinese counterpart to warn him that if the Chinese hear that they are under nuclear attack, General Milley will call and warn them first otherwise it isn't happening. Even the US military are now concerned that bumblling Joe could lead us into an accidental war. Someone needs to get Biden out of there before he does real damage. 

It was actually under Trump's presidency that Milley made that call . You really are impenetrably stupid.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/15/milley-held-secret-calls-with-china-others-as-trump-pushed-election-lies.html

50 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

It was actually under Trump's presidency that Milley made that call . You really are impenetrably stupid.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/15/milley-held-secret-calls-with-china-others-as-trump-pushed-election-lies.html

Only admitted to this week, mate. And sleepy joe is backing him. The Democrats are in cahoots with the Chinese

11 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Only admitted to this week, mate. And sleepy joe is backing him. The Democrats are in cahoots with the Chinese

You made a monumental balls up. You claimed the Milley call to China was in relation to Biden but the call was made during Trump's presidency and was entirely related to concerns about Trumps mental state and competence . You got it spectacularly wrong. No amount of back tracking or diversion will alter that

Edited by MooreMarriot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

One was a joke that obviously wooshed over your head.

Haha! Even Trump didn't try that pathetic lie when he was pulled up for his astonishing stupidity. What a buffoon!

18 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Oh dear! What an idiot you are. Miley made these contacts with the Chinese while TRUMP was still the president. He feared that TRUMP would start a nuclear war. Jesus! all you had to do was listen to the report. 

15 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! What an idiot you are. Miley made these contacts with the Chinese while TRUMP was still the president. He feared that TRUMP would start a nuclear war. Jesus! all you had to do was listen to the report. 

I'm saying that if it is proven that Milley contacted the Chinese off his own bat then why hasn't been sacked for insubordination. Instead Biden has backed him. Imagine if during WWII, Montgomery called up Hitler to say I'll give you a warning if we drop some bombs on Berteschgarten. He'd be hung for treason. I'm not saying Milley should suffer capital punishment but illustrating that Milley has acted way above his pay grade and Biden let's him get away with it. Simply put for your benefit - Biden is not in control.

9 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I'm saying that if it is proven that Milley contacted the Chinese off his own bat then why hasn't been sacked for insubordination. Instead Biden has backed him. Imagine if during WWII, Montgomery called up Hitler to say I'll give you a warning if we drop some bombs on Berteschgarten. He'd be hung for treason. I'm not saying Milley should suffer capital punishment but illustrating that Milley has acted way above his pay grade and Biden let's him get away with it. Simply put for your benefit - Biden is not in control.

You poor man, you're more confused than you think Biden is.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

OMG that is one of the funniest and least successful attempts to save face that I have ever seen. This is exactly what you said:

"Last week, the US most senior military commander, General Milley, called up his Chinese counterpart to warn him that if the Chinese hear that they are under nuclear attack, General Milley will call and warn them first otherwise it isn't happening. Even the US military are now concerned that bumblling Joe could lead us into an accidental war. Someone needs to get Biden out of there before he does real damage."

All you had to do was watch and listen to the first few seconds of the clip that you yourself posted. Instead, your desperation to say something critical of Biden resulted in you making a complete **** of yourself. You really ought to own up and move on rather than emphasise your blunder by attempting such a laughably ridiculous response.

1. It wasn't "last week" that Miley called the Chinese, it was during the manic end of Trump's presidency (January).

2. Milley's call warned the chinese about TRUMP's erratic behaviour (nothing at all about Biden).

3. The US military were concerned that the sociopath TRUMP would lead them into a war (nothing at all about Biden).

4. The man they needed to remove before he did real damage was TRUMP. Fortunately a record number of US voters agreed.

It's not a good look to talk about "bumbling Joe" when you demonstrate such a catastrophic failure  to understand an extraordinarily simple report that you yourself posted. Simply put (as it needs to be) for your benefit, you made an utter fool of yourself, and the best advice is that when you have ballsed up to such an epic level it's best not to make yourself look even more foolish (if that's possible) by attempting to save face with an even more absurd response.

Edited by horsefly

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

OMG that is one of the funniest and least successful attempts to save face that I have ever seen. This is exactly what you said:

"Last week, the US most senior military commander, General Milley, called up his Chinese counterpart to warn him that if the Chinese hear that they are under nuclear attack, General Milley will call and warn them first otherwise it isn't happening. Even the US military are now concerned that bumblling Joe could lead us into an accidental war. Someone needs to get Biden out of there before he does real damage."

All you had to do was watch and listen to the first few seconds of the clip that you yourself posted. Instead, your desperation to say something critical of Biden resulted in you making a complete **** of yourself. You really ought to own up and move on rather than emphasise your blunder by attempting such a laughably ridiculous response.

1. It wasn't "last week" that Miley called the Chinese, it was during the manic end of Trump's presidency (January).

2. Milley's call warned the chinese about TRUMP's erratic behaviour (nothing at all about Biden).

3. The US military were concerned that the sociopath TRUMP would lead them into a war (nothing at all about Biden).

4. The man they needed to remove before he did real damage was TRUMP. Fortunately a record number of US voters agreed.

It's not a good look to talk about "bumbling Joe" when you demonstrate such a catastrophic failure  to understand an extraordinarily simple report that you yourself posted. Simply put (as it needs to be) for your benefit, you made an utter fool of yourself, and the best advice is that when you have ballsed up to such an epic level it's best not to make yourself look even more foolish (if that's possible) by attempting to save face with an even more absurd response.

There is a frightening 'what if' here. It seems Milley is reasonably sane, hence the wise decision to take precautions against Trump destroying the planet. But what if someone else in that position had either been afraid to use (and arguably overstep) his authority that way or - worse - had been on the same imbecilic and barking-mad General Ripper-style wavelength as Trump?