cambridgeshire canary

Hanley and Aarons added to injury list

Hasn’t someone already started a thread up about NCFC players and the upcoming friendlies which you’ve already even commented on? 

• Haha 2

I wonder how much of this is the club being super-cautious given the risk to players on international duty where we don't really have suitable cover. Max took that blow to the head and played on for an hour yesterday, likewise I don't remember Hanley showing much evidence of a hamstring strain either. But I am very glad neither of them are going away for 2 weeks and can stay safe with the Colney medical team. 👍 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Hasn’t someone already started a thread up about NCFC players and the upcoming friendlies which you’ve already even commented on? 

Maybe you should make a thread moaning about threads? That will help

Besides, this is a discussion relating to injuries for our key players. Nothing to do with the international break

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

28 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I rest my case Alex.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Absolutely classic Cambridge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Absolutely classic Cambridge.

Except this isnt about friendlies it's about injuries.. You know what I give up.

You win. I'm never making a thread again. You've all managed to bully a user off a site for posting on a site meant for posting on. well done. Very polite and kind.

this was lies I'm making a new thread right now to talk about my thoughts about making threads

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

oh-dear.gif

I guess at least they can't get any more injuried if they wont be playing right? Always a silver lining and all that 🤔

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

oh-dear.gif

I guess at least they can't get any more injuried if they wont be playing right? Always a silver lining and all that 🤔

Sounds as though they will be ok for the next league game though. The need for some of these internationals is a joke and will cause more injuries! 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Except this isnt about friendlies it's about injuries.. You know what I give up.

You win. I'm never making a thread again. You've all managed to bully a user off a site for posting on a site meant for posting on. well done. Very polite and kind.

this was lies I'm making a new thread right now to talk about my thoughts about making threads

Calm down Cambridge, no ones bullying you - just found it somewhat amusing that Wolfie started up a thread about all things NCFC and the upcoming friendlies which already included chat about Max and Grant which you’d already seen. And then you post the same thing!

The point is, is that they’ve not been ruled out of the Middlesbrough game in a couple of weeks, only the international matches and that is why your thread was already being discussed prior to you starting it, as you know. 

• Like 1

And by the way, the thread title is way too melodramatic. They have pulled out of the internationals and that’s it. You’ve made it sound like they’ve been ruled out for City for however long, and they haven’t at all. A slight hamstring strain can see a player miss a game a game and be back for the next one. I believe this happened with Spur’s player Son recently. Essentially, the thread title is just click bait, which annoys most people to be honest.

13 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

And by the way, the thread title is way too melodramatic. They have pulled out of the internationals and that’s it. You’ve made it sound like they’ve been ruled out for City for however long, and they haven’t at all. A slight hamstring strain can see a player miss a game a game and be back for the next one. I believe this happened with Spur’s player Son recently. Essentially, the thread title is just click bait, which annoys most people to be honest.

fair

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

They sound like tactical withdrawals to me. 

Thinking the same thing, GB. Surely if Max is precautionary then that’s only for a few days, and then he’d be free to join up for the remaining friendly/friendlies?

More to the point, if Hanley has another "niggle" then his injury woes seem to be becoming continuous.

I seem to remember Aarons getting a hefty knock in the game against the Swans. It needed some time attending to.

Probably a lot of caution involved and to the point of being tactical.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I'd agree with the tactical idea as well, especially as games are coming particularly thick and fast in the league, so this is actually a bit of time for some quality work on the tactics ground and also to let a few knocks heal a bit.

17 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd agree with the tactical idea as well, especially as games are coming particularly thick and fast in the league, so this is actually a bit of time for some quality work on the tactics ground and also to let a few knocks heal a bit.

Yep, Farke has spoken out about these particular internationals as being basically an unnecessary risk, and I would think most of us agree. Not beyond the realms of possibility that the players themselves were more than happy to go along with it on this occasion for various reasons. 

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Sounds as though they will be ok for the next league game though. The need for some of these internationals is a joke and will cause more injuries! 

I think Scotland may disagree with you there.

If Hanley is 'tactical' then that's really poor from Norwich. Meaningless friendlies is one thing, but the Scotland game is massive.

24 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yep, Farke has spoken out about these particular internationals as being basically an unnecessary risk, and I would think most of us agree. Not beyond the realms of possibility that the players themselves were more than happy to go along with it on this occasion for various reasons. 

To be fair, I’ve noticed there is a flaw in my thoughts there, at least regarding Hanley. Scotland’s game against Serbia is a play off decider to reach the Euro’s, so that may suggest that Grant does need to be kept back in order to get over his hamstring strain.

1 minute ago, Unhinged Canary said:

If Hanley is 'tactical' then that's really poor from Norwich. Meaningless friendlies is one thing, but the Scotland game is massive.

Was just posting the same thing, Unhinged - massive game for the Scots at least!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

A tweak in the hamstring isn’t severe, but needs resting. He was out last season with a similar injury, so I would say it is precautionary.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

To be fair, he did say "some".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I give that about a day

8 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

I give that about a day

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Hanley has poppadoms for hamstrings so not surprised . I would rather he was fit to play for us whatever the Scotland need. Class player imo.

Indeed, him getting a two week break is a good thing far as I'm concerned

17 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I wonder how much of this is the club being super-cautious given the risk to players on international duty where we don't really have suitable cover. Max took that blow to the head and played on for an hour yesterday, likewise I don't remember Hanley showing much evidence of a hamstring strain either. But I am very glad neither of them are going away for 2 weeks and can stay safe with the Colney medical team. 👍 

It begs the question, how much do these players even want to be on international duty?

17 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

If it were tactical then I would suspect that Grant Hanley would be a bit annoyed to be asked by his manager to pull out of potentially earning his first cap for 2 years because the club has managed to leave itself seriously short of centre backs? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If it were tactical then I would suspect that Grant Hanley would be a bit annoyed to be asked by his manager to pull out of potentially earning his first cap for 2 years because the club has managed to leave itself seriously short of centre backs? 

In fairness, I think both player’s cases are genuine, T. Probably for the reason you’ve given. Although it’s a possibility, I think now armed with the knowledge of what an important game Grant had got coming up, that it’s less likely to be tactical move from our end.

Hanley would only pull out of the opportunity to take Scotland to the Euro finals on the managers say is fanciful, Grant feels he can't face another 2 games in  days after playing 7 games in 21 days.  Grant is looking after himself following some recent injuries.  For the rest of November he faces a relatively serene programme of 3 games in a week.

Max faces a spell on the sidelines due to the concussion protocol of no action in the next 7 days.  And has pulled out of pointless fixtures after qualification by the England team.